• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Small step forward in the McNair Case

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, The courts denied the NCAA's motion to keep the records in the McNair case under seal. However they agreed to keep them sealed pending appeal. I'd expect another 2-3 month wait if you are wanting to read anything.

http://www.courts.ca.gov/opinions/documents/B245475.PDF

Funny how they hung the entire program on a minute and change phone call that they have no idea was was said by either party. Well not so funny , but with all they had on Miami and the fact that they had e mail evidence Tresell flat out lied to the NCAA it's just crazy that was enough for those clowns to bring down the hammer.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how they hung the entire program on a minute and change phone call that they have no idea was was said by either party. Well not so funny , but with all they had on Miami and the fact that they had e mail evidence Tresell flat out lied to the NCAA it's just crazy that was enough for those clowns to bring down the hammer.

considering they didn't even have the right date on the phone call it just shows how crooked the whole thing was. Paul Dee, Missy Conboy, and the whole crew were corrupt.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
considering they didn't even have the right date on the phone call it just shows how crooked the whole thing was. Paul Dee, Missy Conboy, and the whole crew were corrupt.

I hope down the line the Oklahoma game and that championship get credited to the trojans. I went to that game and USC was clearly the better team. Don't get me started on Paul Dee.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope down the line the Oklahoma game and that championship get credited to the trojans. I went to that game and USC was clearly the better team. Don't get me started on Paul Dee.

The most galling part to me was the fact that all of that shit was going down at The U while Paul Dee was lecturing USC about how "high profile players require high profile compliance."

Sure wish he was still alive to have to answer to that shit.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most galling part to me was the fact that all of that shit was going down at The U while Paul Dee was lecturing USC about how "high profile players require high profile compliance."

Sure wish he was still alive to have to answer to that shit.

USC was chastised for "having agents in the locker room". Yet they were clearly not even agents at the time they were there ( and never became agents)and were introduced as friends of the family. The fact that they named a lounge after the guy in Miami, they accepted checks from the guy on the field , he led the team on the field and they still got off is just f ing incredible.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC was chastised for "having agents in the locker room". Yet they were clearly not even agents at the time they were there ( and never became agents)and were introduced as friends of the family. The fact that they named a lounge after the guy in Miami, they accepted checks from the guy on the field , he led the team on the field and they still got off is just f ing incredible.

No doubt. I hope the McNair case eventually leads to USC having the wins and NC restored. The NCAA based pretty much their entire case on that phone call and made Coach McNair the fall guy. If they lose that lawsuit it pretty well takes away the entire basis for the sanctions. It would probably fit under "fruit of the poisonous tree."

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. I hope the McNair case eventually leads to USC having the wins and NC restored. The NCAA based pretty much their entire case on that phone call and made Coach McNair the fall guy. If they lose that lawsuit it pretty well takes away the entire basis for the sanctions. It would probably fit under "fruit of the poisonous tree."

Its just ridiculous that , thats what they hung them on anyway no matter what was said. You don't pass that type of information in a minute and change. The fact that if no one finds out and brought to its inevitable conclusion Reggie would have left USC early. How does that benefit USC or give them an advantage?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey today I was going over dates for the trip to the USC Notre dame game. If you know anyone who would like to go let me know. If anything I can give them basic information on where to stay and how to get down to the game.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just ridiculous that , thats what they hung them on anyway no matter what was said. You don't pass that type of information in a minute and change. The fact that if no one finds out and brought to its inevitable conclusion Reggie would have left USC early. How does that benefit USC or give them an advantage?

That's why I laugh when people try to say USC cheated. If USC was involved in Bush and his family being paid for him to leave early, then USC really needs to stop cheating because that's a pretty stupid way to "cheat." :lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey today I was going over dates for the trip to the USC Notre dame game. If you know anyone who would like to go let me know. If anything I can give them basic information on where to stay and how to get down to the game.

Will do that.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I laugh when people try to say USC cheated. If USC was involved in Bush and his family being paid for him to leave early, then USC really needs to stop cheating because that's a pretty stupid way to "cheat." :lol:

The idiots think USC paid to get him to go to USC. They dont read the reports. They dont realize this happened in his sophomore year. They just read he got gifts and the parents got a big brand new house. Never mind that they didnt get a house the guys just didnt charge them rent for those months. The uninformed think they were given a house. The car they dont realize it was customized after he got signed. I tell them thata car like that would stick out in a bad way in a parking lot at USC.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idiots think USC paid to get him to go to USC. They dont read the reports. They dont realize this happened in his sophomore year. They just read he got gifts and the parents got a big brand new house. Never mind that they didnt get a house the guys just didnt charge them rent for those months. The uninformed think they were given a house. The car they dont realize it was customized after he got signed. I tell them that a car like that would stick out in a bad way in a parking lot at USC.

Another interesting thing I have come across re: the car, is that people mix up the Range Rover that Joe McKnight was driving, that ended up being his girlfriends car, thinking it was Reggie's. One of my closest friends is a UCLA fan and he and I were talking about the Bush stuff the other day.

He said that he thinks the NCAA was ridiculous with their sanctions, but said that he thought USC had to have known or at least, didn't want to know and therefoire didn't ask questions.

I reminded him about the wannabe agent saying that it all happened off campus in San Diego because they knew it could get Reggie in trouble. He says, "Yeah, but what about the car?"

I told him it was a 1990 Cutlass Supreme and the only way that it would be noticeable at USC is because of what a piece of crap it was." He says, "No, the SUV or Rover or whatever it was." I told him that was Joe McKnight and USC investigated it as soon as they learned of it and it was his girlfriends car, registered to her Dad.

He says: "Shit, maybe they really didn't know." :lol:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another interesting thing I have come across re: the car, is that people mix up the Range Rover that Joe McKnight was driving, that ended up being his girlfriends car, thinking it was Reggie's. One of my closest friends is a UCLA fan and he and I were talking about the Bush stuff the other day.

He said that he thinks the NCAA was ridiculous with their sanctions, but said that he thought USC had to have known or at least, didn't want to know and therefoire didn't ask questions.

I reminded him about the wannabe agent saying that it all happened off campus in San Diego because they knew it could get Reggie in trouble. He says, "Yeah, but what about the car?"

I told him it was a 1990 Cutlass Supreme and the only way that it would be noticeable at USC is because of what a piece of crap it was." He says, "No, the SUV or Rover or whatever it was." I told him that was Joe McKnight and USC investigated it as soon as they learned of it and it was his girlfriends car, registered to her Dad.

He says: "Shit, maybe they really didn't know." :lol:

Yes they also forget that the girlfriends boss who helped her buy the car was a Washington grad and that she had worked for him for years prior to ever meeting Joe McNight.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell you that Oklahoma certainly knows who was the national champion that year.