• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

slot receiver

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Williams also actually displayed some legitimate big-play flashes in the slot last season, most notably in the Week 13 win over the Rams, when he had a 56-yard catch-and-run for a score and a 25-yard reverse scamper that set up one of David Akers’ four field goals. “He proved to be a very smart, solid slot,” the source said of Williams. “He knows how to read defenses and he had a real good chemistry with (QB) Alex Smith.”

i've been asking for a slot style receiver thinking Williams wasn't used that way? but i just read this so good, i stand corrected. we MAY already have that type and don't need to draft one mid/late.

this article did mention if the 49ers draft a WR (or two), KW may not even make the team.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams also actually displayed some legitimate big-play flashes in the slot last season, most notably in the Week 13 win over the Rams, when he had a 56-yard catch-and-run for a score and a 25-yard reverse scamper that set up one of David Akers’ four field goals. “He proved to be a very smart, solid slot,” the source said of Williams. “He knows how to read defenses and he had a real good chemistry with (QB) Alex Smith.”

i've been asking for a slot style receiver thinking Williams wasn't used that way? but i just read this so good, i stand corrected. we MAY already have that type and don't need to draft one mid/late.

this article did mention if the 49ers draft a WR (or two), KW may not even make the team.

Interesting article. Not sure who wrote it but Williams was split left on his 56 yard TD; not lined-up in the slot. That isn't to say Williams can't be a very effective slot receiver.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Interesting article. Not sure who wrote it but Williams was split left on his 56 yard TD; not lined-up in the slot. That isn't to say Williams can't be a very effective slot receiver.

I was thinking the same thing.