• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Slay to Philly?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many salary cap championships have the Cowboys won since 1996? Do you guys celebrate those now?
Good thing those Philly history books are 50 page picture books otherwise you guys wouldn't be able to understand them.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess they would rather obsess over whether Philly has bad cap management than whether Dallas can ever win anything again in their lifetimes?

Also, who are the starting corners on the Cowboys? How do they compare to Darius Slay? I'll wait.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The past is the past whether it be 3 years or 40 years. But your go to insult from a team with one SB win remains as hollow as ever. No Cowboy fan has stated our CBs are even NFL average this year so your second attempted insult makes no more sense than your first. And actually we were mostly happy to let a better CB than Slay in Jones go rather than overpay

sidenote: how hard were you banging your keyboard with those LOLs. Fake laughter is a sure sign of having no real point and 9 of them is a clear sign of utter obsession :noidea:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys fans: "We're really happy with our defense right now, actually. I mean, who needs defensive backs in the modern NFL? All you need is a franchise back like Emm...I mean Zeke."

dTcAHZcg.jpg

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys fans: "We're really happy with our defense right now, actually. I mean, who needs defensive backs in the modern NFL? All you need is a franchise back like Emm...I mean Zeke."
You remain in your own reality. Where are Cowboy fans saying they are happy with where their defense is right now? I think you see a lot of Cowboy fans like myself that are much happier with the direction this defense is going in with the changes this year than we saw last year. We are focusing on improving the horrible line play and finally added a FS who while far from a star at least can cover better than the trash we had last year. Plus our D coaches all needed to go. But to pretend people are happy with the defense is just making shit up when 90% of Cowboys fans are calling for most draft picks to be used on defense and most are still hoping to sign more defensive free agents this year.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys just see what you want. I keep telling you there is no magic to the cap, it's just Math. Slay was a good deal. But, you signed all of those guys in the last couple of years by backloading the contracts more than any other team ever has. Then you restructure more contracts to make more cap room to do it some more. Most teams, heck every team backloads contracts and assume the cap goes up to cover it, but Howie does this asinine thing where he spreads the cap over dead years. That means every time most of these players that were signed in the last couple of years contract ends they have like $5M each in dead money - now multiply that by 5 or 6 players and after next year probably add 2 or 3 more. Most teams have dead money when a player is cut or retires before his deal is up but this is above and beyond that. This is the regular dead money for any players that is cut, plus when these 3 year deals end, there is still two years of unallocated bonuses that need to hit the cap. You can't look at the current years, you need ot look at the outer years.

The money doesn't disappear it just keeps getting kicked down the road and will eventually implode. Did you know that you are currently (the only team over the cap for 2021? And this assumes you end this year with $18M in cap space to roll over. So Howie will restructure some more and you guys will say "I told you so" just like a bunch of Cowboy fans did for years until we couldn't sign anyone for a long time. Again, it's just Math.

NFL 2021 Salary Cap Tracker
Let us know when the cap hell happens. We're waiting.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let us know when the cap hell happens. We're waiting.
Depends how long he keeps kicking the can down the road. If he stops now you feel the effect in the next couple of years but may only take cutting a few players to overcome and a couple of seasons of not spending FA $'s. If he was a better drafter it may not even matter much. But, If he does it a few more years the effect is pushed out but also the magnitude increases dramatically.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends how long he keeps kicking the can down the road. If he stops now you feel the effect in the next couple of years but may only take cutting a few players to overcome and a couple of seasons of not spending FA $'s. If he was a better drafter it may not even matter much. But, If he does it a few more years the effect is pushed out but also the magnitude increases dramatically.
Like I said, let me know when it happens.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eagles have been operating the cap in the same way since the late 90s when Joe Banner came on board. The cap is never going to be an issue with the Eagles as long as they have Roseman.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some Eagles fans are refusing to look at the whole picture.

Not looking to fight but I just really disagree with you and Jarntt. Howie simply is not a great drafter and like Jarntt said we will be fine if we draft well which is always a concern but the Eagles have been doing this forever. IMO Howie is a great cap manager and he has ALWAYS done this and the Eagles have always signed premier FAs. I guess the only way to tell is to wait a couple years and see if you guys are right.
Like I said before I think at this point Dallas should be fine too. They just gave a ton of guys huge money, are going to make Dak the highest paid player in the league and still are under the cap after signing Dak because the have outs on all their deals. Teams make mistakes like we did with Alshon and Dallas did with Tanks deal and waiting too long on Dak but I think the NFL has it figured out now. Howie was an innovator but it’s just common practice now.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Drafting well and having low dollar talent is a big part of it. That I agree with. No sense in arguing about it. Time will tell but it is funny how the Cowboy fans think we are screwed and Eagle fans think we are totally fine. We shall see!

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not looking to fight but I just really disagree with you and Jarntt. Howie simply is not a great drafter and like Jarntt said we will be fine if we draft well which is always a concern but the Eagles have been doing this forever. IMO Howie is a great cap manager and he has ALWAYS done this and the Eagles have always signed premier FAs. I guess the only way to tell is to wait a couple years and see if you guys are right.
Like I said before I think at this point Dallas should be fine too. They just gave a ton of guys huge money, are going to make Dak the highest paid player in the league and still are under the cap after signing Dak because the have outs on all their deals. Teams make mistakes like we did with Alshon and Dallas did with Tanks deal and waiting too long on Dak but I think the NFL has it figured out now. Howie was an innovator but it’s just common practice now.
If you don't understand that continuing to kick the can down the road will lead to cap issues, you really don't understand finance. I give up on all of you small picture Eagles fans.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't understand that continuing to kick the can down the road will lead to cap issues, you really don't understand finance. I give up on all of you small picture Eagles fans.

But we don’t feel we are kicking problems down the road. We’ve done this since the early 2000s and have always been fine. I don’t think we are looking at the small picture. Time will tell.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as they continually kick it down the road forever it will be fine.