• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sixers should have a chip on their shoulder

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now that we’re on page 4…here’s my point:
The NBA and the NBA media hate The Process. Tanking doesn’t sit well with them and they continue to hold a considerable grudge when it comes to all things Sixers. So what Doc and Jo and Ben and the rest need to do is adopt an Us vs The World mentality and recognize that if they want to be recognized they need to leave no fucking doubt and take that shit and make a bunch of people eat a dish of crow.
You're making this homeristically personal. It's not Sixers hate that kept the MVP from Embiid, or gave the COY to Thibs.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're making this homeristically personal. It's not Sixers hate that kept the MVP from Embiid, or gave the COY to Thibs.
Couple that with the national tv regular season schedule. Couple that with a one seed catching Sunday playoff games at 1 pm. And that will give you a better indication of where I’m coming from.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple that with the national tv regular season schedule. Couple that with a one seed catching Sunday playoff games at 1 pm. And that will give you a better indication of where I’m coming from.
Oh I know exactly where you're coming from LOL

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA and the NBA media hate The Process. Tanking doesn’t sit well with them and they continue to hold a considerable grudge when it comes to all things Sixers. So what Doc and Jo and Ben and the rest need to do is adopt an Us vs The World mentality and recognize that if they want to be recognized they need to leave no fucking doubt and take that shit and make a bunch of people eat a dish of crow.

Oh dear lord.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

C'mon man. The process is old news already, any blame to put on the Sixers success is on the Sixers, not any perceived "grudge" the league has against them. The reason they haven't succeeded previously was a combination of injuries, lack of outside shooting and surrounding talent, and inability to beat the Celtics (and eventual champion Raptors).

If Doc was ever going to use the Us vs The World approach, it would've been with the Clips. Everyone seems to hate the Clips, lol.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Doc was ever going to use the Us vs The World approach, it would've been with the Clips. Everyone seems to hate the Clips, lol.
it ain't hate. no one respects the Clippers enough to hate them. it's more point and laugh. or facepalm. Or just a disappointed sigh and turn and walk away...

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this Doc praise, the perfect time for him to fold against the Hawks lol
Hawks will have to lock down every cortisone shot in the country. They had to sweat the shitty Embiid game.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a roster that, so far, has done exactly what it was supposed to do. Thibs had a team that everyone thought was going to be fighting for lottery balls. The Suns have far exceeded expectations. The Jazz exceeded expectations as well.

If you're going to give COY to the coach of the title winning team, then the category should be changed to Roster of the Year since that's what it takes to win a title.

I disagree with this.

We’re Thibs and Monte Williams more deserving?

IMO, yes.

But Philly has under achieved so much that in the preseason, they were not thought of as an elite contender in the East. People were talking about Brooklyn, Miami, Milwaukee and even Boston.

Doc was a huge part of what Philly had accomplished this season.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have found a meeting of the minds. Jokic was gifted an award for winning perfect attendance.

No, he also had an absolutely superlative season.

Stop acting like Jokic isn’t a deserving winner.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you'll find many people that believe that if Embiid and Lebron don't get hurt and Kawhi didn't load manage, that Jokic still wins. Hell, with season Harden had, if hadn't pulled that shit that he did in Houston...he's probably wins MVP.

True.

But again, let’s not spin the narrative that Jokic wasn’t deserving.

He was.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon man. The process is old news already, any blame to put on the Sixers success is on the Sixers, not any perceived "grudge" the league has against them. The reason they haven't succeeded previously was a combination of injuries, lack of outside shooting and surrounding talent, and inability to beat the Celtics (and eventual champion Raptors).

Coaching was the biggest issue for them, IMO.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be if he’s lifting that trophy. Isn’t that the goal of every coach? For me the way coach of the year is given it’s a participation award. Dude from the Raptors won the award, got shit canned and they won a title.

Eh

Was Ty Lue the best coach in the NBA in 16

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with this.

IMO, yes.

But Philly has under achieved so much that in the preseason, they were not thought of as an elite contender in the East. People were talking about Brooklyn, Miami, Milwaukee and even Boston.

Agree on that. But the Sixers were poorly managed last year so that's more the reason for their preseason expectations as to talent

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on that. But the Sixers were poorly managed last year so that's more the reason for their preseason expectations as to talent

Mismanaged and poorly coached.

Many were questioning whether Ben and Embiid could co-exist.

Doc removed those questions completely.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with this.

IMO, yes.

As were the additions to bring shooting back to the roster. I'd even put more emphasis on the roster improvements personally.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this aged well. My squad is a fucking fraud.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grave Bury GIF by Rhymesayers