• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Six QB Camp battles

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a piece that predicts which QB earns the starting job to begin the season:

NFL training camp: Projecting winners of quarterback battles - NFL - Sporting News

The predictions are Manziel beats Hoyer, Smith over Vick, Cassel over Bridgewater, Henne over Bortles, Schaub over Carr, and McCown over Glennon.

I think that the most interesting of these six QB competitions might be Smith v. Vick and McCown v. Glennon, since I'd say that the Jets and the Bucs have the best chances of any of these six teams to contend for a playoff spot. If Geno is able to beat Vick out for the starting job, then I think that probably bodes well for the Jets chances this year. On the other hand, I tend to think it would be a favorable outcome for the Bucs if Glennon were to beat out McCown. In both competitions, the younger player earning the job suggests that he has more upside than the vet he beat out.

The competition that is likely to attract the most attention, of course, is Manziel v. Hoyer. I can't recall who it was that mentioned it in another thread, but the Browns start the season with a pretty tough schedule, so it make best sense to let Johnny Football sit and watch for the first five or six games.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a piece that predicts which QB earns the starting job to begin the season:

NFL training camp: Projecting winners of quarterback battles - NFL - Sporting News

The predictions are Manziel beats Hoyer, Smith over Vick, Cassel over Bridgewater, Henne over Bortles, Schaub over Carr, and McCown over Glennon.

I think that the most interesting of these six QB competitions might be Smith v. Vick and McCown v. Glennon, since I'd say that the Jets and the Bucs have the best chances of any of these six teams to contend for a playoff spot. If Geno is able to beat Vick out for the starting job, then I think that probably bodes well for the Jets chances this year. On the other hand, I tend to think it would be a favorable outcome for the Bucs if Glennon were to beat out McCown. In both competitions, the younger player earning the job suggests that he has more upside than the vet he beat out.

The competition that is likely to attract the most attention, of course, is Manziel v. Hoyer. I can't recall who it was that mentioned it in another thread, but the Browns start the season with a pretty tough schedule, so it make best sense to let Johnny Football sit and watch for the first five or six games.

IMO I think Hoyer over Manziel, unless Hoyer falls flat on his face first half of season and Vick over Smith. Hopefully Ryan will smarten up and not wait as long to make the switch, like he did leaving Sanchez in as long as he did. The other 4 seem about right esp Cassell over Bridgewater. Just my .04 cents, inflation

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe there's talk of Mike Glennon losing the QB battle. I heard that guy was The Rock's personal trainer for the Hercules movie.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe there's talk of Mike Glennon losing the QB battle. I heard that guy was The Rock's personal trainer for the Hercules movie.

A reference to Glennon's rather gangly physique?

He played pretty well as a rookie last year. Enough so that I was kind of surprised to read remarks by Lovie Smith that suggest the job pretty much belongs to McCown to start the season. Seems to me that it should be up for grabs during training camp.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A reference to Glennon's rather gangly physique?

He played pretty well as a rookie last year. Enough so that I was kind of surprised to read remarks by Lovie Smith that suggest the job pretty much belongs to McCown to start the season. Seems to me that it should be up for grabs during training camp.

I agree that it should be open competition and I like Glennon.