• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Since we are in between the drafting season

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me one player you are higher on than most and one you are lower on than most and why.

I think we all do a good bit of our own research so it would be fun to see who we all list and where we differ.

If you are feelin froggy do a whole lineup; QB, RB, WR and TE

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very High on Leonard Fournette- He was supposed to be a breakout last year, wasn't and now you can get him for value... Jacksonville looks like they improved their defense from last year... RB and defenses compliment eachother well...

I would take him in the first round over many other players, and he is going in the third round IN SOME LEAGUES...

Very Low on James Conner- I cant believe he is a first round pick... There are players chosen in the third round that I would rather have than him.... an offense that HAS TO BE in regression, and a RB that has not proven he can play 15 full weeks(who cares about 16, week 17 is based on other things besides health)… Just don't understand the love...

He played 13 games last season, had only 5 games with 100 or better scrimmage yards, the other 8 he didn't even reach 70 rushing yards...

He also had the new toy advantage, and the LETS SHOW EVERYONE WE DONT NEED LEV BELL advantage... I wonder if he can be that good without those 2 advantages this season... on an offense that will be worse than last year(not just because of the loss of Antonio Brown)…

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops I forgot to include mine:

Lower: CMac. While I love this kid I question the amount of touches he had last year plus questions at the QB position this year. I have been seeing him at the 3rd best RB and with the questions surrounding Carolina I think I would rather not have as much concern in my top five pick.

Higher: Kerryon Johnson – I like this kid and if they give him more touches I think it could really benefit their offense. Although I think they are clearly the worst team in the division. He is currently ranked at the 20th RB and I think he will be close to RB1 than RB2 by the end of the season, health permitting of course.

Bonus – I think this is the year we see Mike Williams in LA take off.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Higher

QB - Jared Goff - I don't really think there is a whole lot of difference between the top 5 guys and the next 5 to 7 or so. I would rather take a couple of guys in that 10-15 range later in the draft than take one of the top 5 guys.

RB - Mark Ingram - He is the #1 back in a system designed to pound the rock.

WR - Golden Taint - Will be the #1 for a team who should be behind a lot this season. Teams will give up his 5 yard underneath routes all 2nd half while they are up by multiple scores. I also like Mike Williams and think he could have a huge year.

TE - Chris Herndon - Was a solid starter down the stretch last year.

Lower

QB - Baker Mayfield - There are plenty of good starting options. I know he has more weapons and looked good towards the end of last year, but I buy into the sophomore slump theory. Plus, I will take a guy that has produced for a couple of years over him

RB - Nick Chubb - I feel like he will split carries down the stretch with Hunt after his suspension.

WR - Chris Godwin - Showed flashes and is in Ariens' system, but there is a list of guys that he is ranked ahead of that I would rather have (Lockett, Boyd, Ridley, Jeffery, etc)

TE - Eric Ebron - I just don't see him repeating last years numbers and being worthy of being a top 5 TE taken. Another position where if you miss out on a top tier guy (big 3 in this case), you should just wait and grab one way later.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
W A R N I N G
Feeling very pessimistic today...

QB low - Mahomes looks to be the early fave per ADP and Suicide. They play some tough defenses and it'll be tough to repeat 50 TD.

QB high - None, really. The position is so deep and they all average about the same YPG. I'll just wait on one.

RB low - lots to choose from. My hesitancy on Barkley, Conner and Jacobs has been well-chronicled.

You can add Bell to the list. New team, new o-line, and he hasn't carried a football in over a year.

RB high - Devonta Freeman. Falcons got rid of Coleman and Ito has been judged to be lacking. (Pun) Good offense, I feel Freeman is a good bounce back candidate.

WR - low. Don't see too many. Their ranks are fairly in line with their value.

WR - high. Again, don't see any. I don't get too jazzed about WR unless I'm desperate to draft 1. I think some sleepers are Allison, Marqise Lee and Doctson, but I'm not targeting too many for fear of failure.

TE - low. Kittle for sure. Garappolo goes down then half the RB go down. Kittle was a safe play for a green back up QB. If everyone is back healthy, i think Kittles touches drop.

TE high - nobody. Not gonna get overly excited over a position that might get me 6 points on a good week.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with Joe on devontae Freeman as a high
RB high - Devonta Freeman. Falcons got rid of Coleman and Ito has been judged to be lacking. (Pun) Good offense, I feel Freeman is a good bounce back candidate.
RB low- Phillip Lindsay- Coming off a wrist injury and not yet practicing. He snuck up on people first 3/4 of last year- Coordinators will be ready for him this year.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB

High - hard to ignore the love that Lamar Jackson is being shown this spring or Tubanski might be a steal in the late rounds
Low - ill go back to jameis as some have him in the top 15

RB

High - David Johnson should be back to around 1200 yards with 9 TD's
Low - other than not touching and browns rb (unless I can get hunt late) - Ill be curious about Damien Williams after barely touching it in the playoff game.

WR

High - Calvin Ridley should be a bonafide star this year.
Low - AJ Green just doesn't have it anymore i don't think.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm polar opposite on Devonta Freeman. Tops on my list to avoid. Little RB who played like a big RB and is now paying the price. I fully expect injuries for him going forward.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full team

High

QB- Kirk Cousins- Vikings are an elite offense, why not get the qb at a value price
RB 1- Leonard Fournette-
RB 2- so many to pick from, but I will take Darius Guice just for pure value...
WR 1- WRs are my most difficult position but I will start off with Mike Evans,
WR 2- damn... I am having a hard time with this one, I guess Allen RObinson- he has the talent, he is on a good team... Maybe!!!
TE- Noah Fant- yea I get it rookie TEs don't do well... But I am convinced that that is because they are not given the opportunity in fear of their failure in blocking.... Fant is not a blocker.... so I don't see any reason for the broncos NOT to play him...

Defense- Jaguars- they were a disappointment last year, but were the darlings the previous year... they also had a GREAT rookie draft... and they don't play a first place schedule... All pretty good signs for them to get back to elite status, if not be the best defense of 2019

Low

Big Ben- he had a career year last year statistically... and it was pretty significant uptick... When old QBs have career seasons the previous year they often hit the wall... I see this to be his HIT THE Wall season...

RB- James Conner-
RB 2- Philip Lindsay- Royce Freeman was the better prospect... Lindsay also got hurt and missed the end of last season... Jobs are not SAVED for no pedigree players... He will have to EARN his role back, and fight to keep it... More so than any other RB 1 on any other team...

WR1- Juju- I am sure you are seeing a theme around here...
WR2- Calvin Ridley- he is not the teams #1 WR, but he is being drafted over many #1s and if you expect them to run more and get Hooper more into the game, then how good can he be?? Pretty sure, he cant keep up with his TD pace last year!!!

TE- I guess Zach Ertz... But this is a tough position because its so shallow... But Ertz is getting older, he has been getting banged up, and the eagles have their future TE on the team already... and they are talking about using Goedert more this season...

Defense- Steelers- sorry steelers for absolutely hating on you guys... I don't hate you, I just think it is your time... if the offense slows down, so will the defense...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB high... Goff. I just believe that offense will explode.
QB low... Rodgers. I'm not sure I buy the new coach, nor the non Adams help.

RB high... Conner. Touchdowns just come in this offense. Many of them to RB, no matter the number on the jersey.
RB low... Mixon. Very skeptical of all things Bengals this year.

WR high... Westbrook. Foles will bring more aggressive chances than the Bort.
WR low... Hilton. Luck with three TE now? (Funchess)...TY losing more targets.

TE high... ASJ. Just seems to be something that happens from time to time...call it AFC East syndrome.
TE low... Howard. Could be the most talented TE in the league....does Winston know that?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm polar opposite on Devonta Freeman. Tops on my list to avoid. Little RB who played like a big RB and is now paying the price. I fully expect injuries for him going forward.

Screenshot - 5_30_2019 , 12_39_30 PM.png

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops I forgot to include mine:

Lower: CMac. While I love this kid I question the amount of touches he had last year plus questions at the QB position this year. I have been seeing him at the 3rd best RB and with the questions surrounding Carolina I think I would rather not have as much concern in my top five pick.

Higher: Kerryon Johnson – I like this kid and if they give him more touches I think it could really benefit their offense. Although I think they are clearly the worst team in the division. He is currently ranked at the 20th RB and I think he will be close to RB1 than RB2 by the end of the season, health permitting of course.

Bonus – I think this is the year we see Mike Williams in LA take off.

Well if you don't want to then I will. High on Aaron Jones. Absolutely no reason he won't finish as a top 10 running back this year. High on Marlon Mack and on Lamar Miller in both cases because their teams really didn't draft anybody to compete with them and improved their offensive lines.

Low on any Bills, 49ers, Eagles, Bears, Broncos, and Dolphins running backs, Leonard Fournette because he can't play through any vagina injuries, won't own Conner anywhere because I'm not going to be willing to draft him where I would have to, won't own Chris Conner anywhere, won't own Derrick Henry anywhere.

At quarterback I probably will not own Mahommes anywhere except suicide because I just won't draft him as high as he will go. I also won't own Brees this year because I had him a lot of places last year and he was terrible the last 6 weeks of the season. I like Wentz to have a bounceback year and I always like Watson especially now that he might actually be able to stay upright this year.

At wide receiver I won't own Beckham anywhere. New quarterback and some actual competition for targets. No way I'm drafting him at the end of the 1st or beginning of the 2nd. I don't buy the Corey Davis hype at all. All the rookie wide receivers I just don't see any of them being that great including N'Keal Harry. Brady likes throwing the ball to guys he trusts and he just spreads it around to everybody else. Same with Metcalf in Seattle and Mecole Hardman in Kansas City. Everybody is really high on him, but there's no chance I will own him in any leagues whether it's redraft or rookie draft because I don't see anything close to Tyreek Hill when I watch him. Any Baltimore, Buffalo, Carolina, Jacksonville, Miami, Tennessee, or Washington receiver also goes on this list.

I'm high on Edelman for the same reason I'm not on Harry. I'm high on Larry Fitz because they will make it a point to get him the ball more. I'm higher on Tyler Boyd than most because some of you guys are nuts. I'm higher on Geronimo Allison because I think he has a great rapport with Rodgers and he's the only one other than Adams that does.

At tight end there are 3 great ones, about 4 good ones, 5 maybes, and the "I hope my guy catches a touchdown" group so I'd say I like Evan Engram, but hell he's being drafted as the 4th or 5th tight end anyway. I'm low on any tight end that goes to Green Bay because people never learn that no matter what tight end is there Aaron Rodgers is not going to throw the damn ball to the tight end.

Other than that though I really don't have an opinion :)

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice thread Trudem

Higher than most-
QB - Dak Prescott. Gallup year 2, Cooper around for the entire off season/preseason to continue to gel. Witten the safety blanket is back, young TE corp could develop more. All world center Fredrickson is back. The only limit is Dak himself, can he progress? I think yes.

Rb- Mark Ingram. Any RB dreams of seeing the running lanes, created by Lamar's threat, that Gus bumbled through last year. A guy with real talent? And an offensive system that will use it, and use it often? Potential top 5 finish definite top ten is my prediction.

WR - I honestly don't have a strong option here, as most WR's are by and large ranked by most people roughly were I think they should be. I guess I'll not sit on the fence and go with N'Keal Harry. With no Gronk, he's the big body presence to press the issue in the redzone. I do foresee a strong number of TD's, but likely relatively low targets, as Brady will surely look to Edelman first, everyone else second.

TE - David Njoku. To be fair here, I'm not high in him in the sense that I think he's going to be a bonafied stud. More so that in his third year now, with his physical abilities, I think he's the one from a group of about a dozen TE's, who has the strongest potential to enter that elite group who are head and shoulders above the rest. Given the presence of OBJ, Landry Callaway and the three backs, the quantity will be lacking to be truley elite, but his quality when he gets opportunities should be very significant.

Lower than most-
QB - Kyler Murray. I just don't see it. Not this year for certain, but not even dynasty. Far too many "virgins" in the mix in ARZ..rookie head coach, rookie QB, a style of offense that may or may not work at the fundamental level, just too much risk. And if he fails his first two years, is he a lost cause? Does he go back to the bus leagues and try to be a ball player? No thanks.

RB - Gonna two part this one, one part standard, one part PPR.
- Standard, gotta be Barkley. Without a point for each one of those little peon dumpoffs, Barkley will seriously disappoint. With no OBJ around, and Eli only another year older and deeper into the slide, running lanes will be very tight, and scoring opportunities way lower. Think about it, just guess his many times OBJ either caught a deep dying duck inside the ten or five, or drew a PI, that set Barkley up for easy scores? I'd say at least five. And that's not even approaching his impact on safeties as it pertains to the run game. The guy is still worth a high first round pick in standard, no doubt, but he's not considerable for the top spot.
PPR- James Conner easily. Most places have him top ten. I can't understand why. 4 games, all in the first half of the season that were, admittedly, suberb. All others were exceptionally unimpressive. Nothing can be taken for granted in Pitt this year without AB on the outside, much like OBJ in NYG, the dynamic shifts, and I feel Conner proved he isnt that good in more games than he proved he might be good. All that, AND, I don't feel he's got as strong if a grip on "lead back" duties as most/many others do either.

WR- Antonio Brown. Think David Carr may just kill his career. Sad, yet, kharma is a bitch.

TE - every TE not named Little, Kelce or Ertz. Its one thing to think one of the younger guys in the league might have a shot to elevate himself unto that category. The Njoku's, Hunter Henry's, etc. Its another to be high on a guy who might join the crowd if good TE's. So what? Just take one who is already there and pray for TD's, just like you would with anyone else. Ebron is obviously way over drafted, given his unsustainable TD rate, especially with Funchess in town. But I think anyone around here already knows that and isnt high on him anyways. Honestly after the top 3 go, and you don't have a personal, "fanboy" type love affair with one, they may as well be kickers, they're all gonna be in a big pile, just pick one

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice thread Trudem

Higher than most-
QB - Dak Prescott. Gallup year 2, Cooper around for the entire off season/preseason to continue to gel. Witten the safety blanket is back, young TE corp could develop more. All world center Fredrickson is back. The only limit is Dak himself, can he progress? I think yes.

Rb- Mark Ingram. Any RB dreams of seeing the running lanes, created by Lamar's threat, that Gus bumbled through last year. A guy with real talent? And an offensive system that will use it, and use it often? Potential top 5 finish definite top ten is my prediction.

WR - I honestly don't have a strong option here, as most WR's are by and large ranked by most people roughly were I think they should be. I guess I'll not sit on the fence and go with N'Keal Harry. With no Gronk, he's the big body presence to press the issue in the redzone. I do foresee a strong number of TD's, but likely relatively low targets, as Brady will surely look to Edelman first, everyone else second.

TE - David Njoku. To be fair here, I'm not high in him in the sense that I think he's going to be a bonafied stud. More so that in his third year now, with his physical abilities, I think he's the one from a group of about a dozen TE's, who has the strongest potential to enter that elite group who are head and shoulders above the rest. Given the presence of OBJ, Landry Callaway and the three backs, the quantity will be lacking to be truley elite, but his quality when he gets opportunities should be very significant.

Lower than most-
QB - Kyler Murray. I just don't see it. Not this year for certain, but not even dynasty. Far too many "virgins" in the mix in ARZ..rookie head coach, rookie QB, a style of offense that may or may not work at the fundamental level, just too much risk. And if he fails his first two years, is he a lost cause? Does he go back to the bus leagues and try to be a ball player? No thanks.

RB - Gonna two part this one, one part standard, one part PPR.
- Standard, gotta be Barkley. Without a point for each one of those little peon dumpoffs, Barkley will seriously disappoint. With no OBJ around, and Eli only another year older and deeper into the slide, running lanes will be very tight, and scoring opportunities way lower. Think about it, just guess his many times OBJ either caught a deep dying duck inside the ten or five, or drew a PI, that set Barkley up for easy scores? I'd say at least five. And that's not even approaching his impact on safeties as it pertains to the run game. The guy is still worth a high first round pick in standard, no doubt, but he's not considerable for the top spot.
PPR- James Conner easily. Most places have him top ten. I can't understand why. 4 games, all in the first half of the season that were, admittedly, suberb. All others were exceptionally unimpressive. Nothing can be taken for granted in Pitt this year without AB on the outside, much like OBJ in NYG, the dynamic shifts, and I feel Conner proved he isnt that good in more games than he proved he might be good. All that, AND, I don't feel he's got as strong if a grip on "lead back" duties as most/many others do either.

WR- Antonio Brown. Think David Carr may just kill his career. Sad, yet, kharma is a bitch.

TE - every TE not named Little, Kelce or Ertz. Its one thing to think one of the younger guys in the league might have a shot to elevate himself unto that category. The Njoku's, Hunter Henry's, etc. Its another to be high on a guy who might join the crowd if good TE's. So what? Just take one who is already there and pray for TD's, just like you would with anyone else. Ebron is obviously way over drafted, given his unsustainable TD rate, especially with Funchess in town. But I think anyone around here already knows that and isnt high on him anyways. Honestly after the top 3 go, and you don't have a personal, "fanboy" type love affair with one, they may as well be kickers, they're all gonna be in a big pile, just pick one
Why thank you

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QBs: For the most part I agree with how they are ranked. I most likely won’t own Mahomes in any redraft leagues because I won’t draft a QB that early .

RBs: Staying away from D. Freeman and Fournette as too injury prone. Staying away from 49ers, Eagles, Dolphins, Bears, Bills, Raiders, Colts, RBs for the most part. Probably not owning Bell or Connor as they would be gone before I’d pick them. Staying away from Gurley unless he drops way more then he has.

Won’t be excited for D. Henry either.

If I don’t get a top 4 pick think I like Chubbs, Mixon as “safe” picks, relative to being available to play for their team and where their ADP is. I know the Bengal aren’t a great offensive team, but think they’ll lean on Mixon a lot. I’m not worried about Hunt showing up and stealing carries from Chubb either, as Chubb will be fully entrenched as the work horse before Hunt can even get on the field. I like K. Johnson and Ingram as options also.

WRs: Course I like the studs Hopkins, Adams, Thomas. I also like JuJu but someone will draft him ahead of me. There are a lot WRs I’m fine with actually. Don’t think I’d go with any rookie WRs accept maybe Parris Campbell if he doesn’t go to early, in a redraft league.

Low on Hilton and Corey Davis vs their ADP.

TEs: tier 1 Kelce, Erzt and Kittle your golden at TE if own any of these three.

Tier 2 Henry, Engram, Howard, Njoku, McDonald out of these I rank Njoku last and least desirable.

After that throw your darts. I’m down on Ebron and Cook. Also would rather not own the old codgers Olsen or Walker and Reed is just to injury prone.

Last edited:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll give a good response as soon as I get settled here been a long, painful day.

But still his Edwards and chew anderson