• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Since the Schedule is out...............

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Record predictions:

I'm going 14-3

W1: W
W2: L
W3: W
W4: W
W5: W
W6: W
W7: W
W8: W
W10: W Just got that feeling
W11: L
W12: W
W13: W
W14: W
W15: L
W16: W
W17: W
W18: W

Last edited:

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, looks like a tough schedule to me.

11-6 is my initial guess.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10-7/11-6 more 11-6 than 10-7

9-8 would shock me, 12-5 wouldn't.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot could happen with that @GB game.

Will they still have Rodgers?

We get that game coming off a bye, meanwhile GB gets BYE -> KC -> SEA

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot could happen with that @GB game.

Will they still have Rodgers?

We get that game coming off a bye, meanwhile GB gets BYE -> KC -> SEA
AR will be there. It'll be a difficult game.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
11-6ish is where I'd be at with 13-4 being on the high end and 10-7 being my low end.

I just see them losing 3 out of 6 divisional games especially with as brutal as the NFC West is this season along with the fact the Hawks have never played the NFC West particularly well anyways.

You're guaranteed to have that one loss against a team you have no business losing too.

Finally, you'll probably have another loss or two against a quality opponent. Colts, Titans, Vikings, Steelers, Saints (maybe), and Packers are all teams that are beatable but can reasonably beat you as well.

I'll throw Washington as that team a tweener team that could fall in the category of a team you have no business losing too but with their defense they could almost be in that quality opponent tier.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just see them losing 3 out of 6 divisional games especially with as brutal as the NFC West is this season along with the fact the Hawks have never played the NFC West particularly well anyways.

Hawks have a Winning record against every other NFC West team. I wouldn't calling that "never played the NFC West particularly well." Yes you are right if you go from 2002-2011 they didn't play that well against them.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks with Wilson as QB
Cards 10-7-1
Rams 8-10 Rams have been tough the past 3 years for the Hawks. ( thanks Seabass and Walsh! )
49ers 14-4

32-21-1 record Vs NFC West with Wilson
75-60-1 overall Vs NFC West, above .500 over AZ, SF, LA ( 43-39 w/o Wilson )

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can not even make a guess at how this team will fair because of to many questions with the CB group and some unknown elements with the DL and Linebacker groups. I totally expect the offense to be the best in the NFC West but that defense is a big wild card, was what we saw at the end of last season the true defense, or was it what we saw the first half of the season? This season should let us know pretty quick.

Also yeah ... can't sleep.........

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mask mandate goes back into effect in Pierce County on Monday. Snohomish & Thurston are already there. I am shocked that King County didn't lead the charge there, but I have to think it's inevitable. We are going backwards with the health restrictions despite having one of the highest vax rates (Seattle) in the nation. Without getting further into the politics of it all, I'm just wondering to myself: how is this going to impact in-person fan attendance at Hawks games? If we have a public mask mandate in place, I have a tough time seeing the ruling politicians allowing us to pack the stadium. I don't know if I expect them to bring it down to 0, but I'll be astonished if some sort of limitation isn't in place here shortly.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can not even make a guess at how this team will fair because of to many questions with the CB group and some unknown elements with the DL and Linebacker groups. I totally expect the offense to be the best in the NFC West but that defense is a big wild card, was what we saw at the end of last season the true defense, or was it what we saw the first half of the season? This season should let us know pretty quick.

Also yeah ... can't sleep.........

Corner play scares me, we look really vulnerable there…

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0-17

I'm sorry, but after being exposed for lack of short-yardage defense (or lack of any real defense at all), even if Wilson has a stellar game, it's not gonna matter if the D keeps giving leeway.

They're more than welcome to prove me wrong, but I'll be surprised if they finish anywhere but dead last in the division.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0-17

I'm sorry, but after being exposed for lack of short-yardage defense (or lack of any real defense at all), even if Wilson has a stellar game, it's not gonna matter if the D keeps giving leeway.

They're more than welcome to prove me wrong, but I'll be surprised if they finish anywhere but dead last in the division.
Really? So you don't think it matters that the players we are actually going to be leaning on to win once the games count haven't been out there at all? Bizarre.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? So you don't think it matters that the players we are actually going to be leaning on to win once the games count haven't been out there at all? Bizarre.
We've seen it during a season before as well, where whatever plays are being called were useless against the players we "lean on."

True, we had lucked out in the past to come back, but we're not always lucky in that department, and you can thank whatever passes for a defensive playbook for that.

Again, I'm hoping I'm wrong and we can still shake up the division, but preseason or no, there's just no excuse for allowing so many first downs like we have these two games.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've seen it during a season before as well, where whatever plays are being called were useless against the players we "lean on."

True, we had lucked out in the past to come back, but we're not always lucky in that department, and you can thank whatever passes for a defensive playbook for that.

Again, I'm hoping I'm wrong and we can still shake up the division, but preseason or no, there's just no excuse for allowing so many first downs like we have these two games.

Blah all these games show me is what I have stated in other threads and that is the team is not loaded with depth. The Hawks starting line-ups ( offense and defense ) are easily capable of beating any team in the NFL, just as long as they do not have to lean on depth to much. The erosion of talented youth from the missing draft capital and big wiffs is starting to show it's self but grabbing a young Adams has helped a lot, even if they over paid twice on him in my eyes. There is no doubt he is a gamer in a different mold that doesn't really fit a safety role but a team could find a unique way to build around.

I don't care what I have seen on the field as with the shortened preseason I expected not to see the starters or important key spot players that are not front line starters on the field. Teams are feeling this 3 preseason schedule out and with the MASSIVE cuts coming a lot faster with less games the hawks need all the time to see these "borderline" roster players. They are pushing the fringe players hard they are trying to find the best of the last group if you get my meaning. Those borderline groups have been sub borderline and for a team lacking depth it doesn't shock me one bit. If you really take stock in preseason results then you need to change how you actually view and evaluate them.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*addendum to previous post*

Both the 2017 Browns and the 2008 Lions finished winless in the regular season and both had 4-0 preseason records. I never take to much stock in preseason games, just sucks to not see competent play but it means very little right now. I myself always wanted to see more playing time for the "other guys" ( bottom of roster players ) during the preseason and those guys have been getting a ton of playing time and some have looked competent as players. These are the guys WAY down at the bottom of the Depth charts that could add something to our lack of depth.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still sort of seems like you're not really taking into account that the players responsible for "allowing so many first downs" are NOT the ones we are going to be putting out there to perform the task here in like 2 or 3 weeks. Are you truly down on the team for this year because guys we never heard of and won't see anymore come Sep have "no excuse" to be playing poorly? Not a single starting lineman on either side of the ball has played a single snap. Not a single skill position starter on offense has played a single snap. None of the players we have ranked in the NFL's top 100 has played a single snap. If anything, being a little concerned that the real players may not see their first action until the games count makes more sense than hand wringing about how Aaron Donkor, Gavon Heslop, and Joshua Moon couldn't get us off the field on 3rd down. Cmon man, the real team has not been on the field. I know we didn't have pre-season last year, but you should be able to remember how this works.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our division will be tough... I'm going to say 10-7/11-6 mark... Our DB's scare me still...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our division will be tough... I'm going to say 10-7/11-6 mark... Our DB's scare me still...

They should scare you ( DB's ) to be 100% honest lol. Sherman would be a huge add but he pretty much shot himself in the foot and ruined any chance ANY team would sign him.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On the DBs, safety is pretty good with Jamal Adams and Quandre Diggs (probably a league top 5 duo back there), so I suspect you're more talking about CBs....and that's definitely an iffy spot. I suppose our starters right now might be DJ Reed & Witherspoon?? Maybe Tre Flowers is in there? You have rookie Tre Brown as an unknown and then Ugo Amadi who I think has done well frequently at the nickel. One name I have not heard much about at all so far this camp is Marquise Blair. They were moving him from S to CB/nickel last year and it got rave reviews, then the early season ending injury just as we were starting to see him in that role. Seems like starting CB could be a bit of a revolving door this season. I will say that what looks like a potentially pretty deep DL rotation might help out the coverage guys a bit.

They should scare you ( DB's ) to be 100% honest lol. Sherman would be a huge add but he pretty much shot himself in the foot and ruined any chance ANY team would sign him.

Huge f-up by Sherm, no question. Seemed like it was almost a no-brainer for him to return until he stepped on his crank. Doesn't seem like there's been a lot more about that lately. If the facts end up revealing that he was physically violent or threatened that on someone then, yes, he's probably done for. But if he just got liquored up and acted like an ass, then I think that's a lot easier to overcome. He certainly wouldn't be the first player to get another chance after just being a bit of a drunk jerk.