• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Simple Urban question?

yes or no

• Total voters

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you, or dont you, want him coarching next year

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you, or dont you, want him coarching next year
Hell yes! And I believe he will be coaching next season. Granted this season has been a fucking bizarre one for sure. I actually want this season to end and start fresh next season. The Zach Smith drama took a toll on Urbs for sure and followed up by Bosa making his decision to leave school. That being said, Urbs will have time to recharge after the season ends. We won't be going to the playoffs so after the bowl game he can refocus and regain his passion for the next season. Just my opinion.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban, yes. Bill Davis and probably even Studrawa, no

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just going to put this right here......

I've been thinking the last few weeks about Urb's career at OSU the last 7 years...... evaluating the big picture objectively.

Yes, he's won alot of games. and some big games......

But honestly he is and was on the same tier as Satan down in bama........

Let's look at the stellar coaching staffs that have been in place, the upper echelon of facilities nationwide 2nd to none, the very high recruiting classes, player development........ = 1 NC in 7 years. :tsk:

IMHO, urb underachieved. I think OSU should've had at least 1 more NC, if not 2........... There was a failure to keep the team focused and executing. so a game was lost here or there - a game against a very subpar team lost numerous times, that fucked the season. Would I have traded him? hell no. but he underachieved.

and I'll say the same thing about Tressel. I think he was a hell of a coach and person. Look at the talent he had coming in the door........ in 10 years. he won a natty in his 2nd year with Cooper's kids....... then nada. Sure, the vest won some great bowl games...... but..... He should've had at least 1 more too.

:gaah:

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just going to put this right here......

I've been thinking the last few weeks about Urb's career at OSU the last 7 years...... evaluating the big picture objectively.

Yes, he's won alot of games. and some big games......

But honestly he is and was on the same tier as Satan down in bama........

Let's look at the stellar coaching staffs that have been in place, the upper echelon of facilities nationwide 2nd to none, the very high recruiting classes, player development........ = 1 NC in 7 years. :tsk:

IMHO, urb underachieved. I think OSU should've had at least 1 more NC, if not 2........... There was a failure to keep the team focused and executing. so a game was lost here or there - a game against a very subpar team lost numerous times, that fucked the season. Would I have traded him? hell no. but he underachieved.

and I'll say the same thing about Tressel. I think he was a hell of a coach and person. Look at the talent he had coming in the door........ in 10 years. he won a natty in his 2nd year with Cooper's kids....... then nada. Sure, the vest won some great bowl games...... but..... He should've had at least 1 more too.

:gaah:

He should have had one more. 2015. After that I think we were right on par for the most part of where the team should have been.

If I had one complaint about Urban it would be his loyalty to coaching staff and some players

That said, what Bama is doing with Saban is a once in a generation thing. Think about this, you have now seen your team two national championship since 2000. Before that we hadn't had one since 68.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should have had one more. 2015. After that I think we were right on par for the most part of where the team should have been.

If I had one complaint about Urban it would be his loyalty to coaching staff and some players

That said, what Bama is doing with Saban is a once in a generation thing. Think about this, you have now seen your team two national championship since 2000. Before that we hadn't had one since 68.

yea, and we can go back to cooper for that failure as technically Cooper should have had 1..... the year sparty beat us at home...... OSU was up 23-9 at the end of the 3rd quarter, and they lost it...... there were a couple of NC caliber teams in there..... In my opinion we are down 3 NCs that OSU should've had......

Saban/bama, once in a generation? I'd call it more unfounded than that....... once or twice a century........ but its nauseating......

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I didn't think of if Meyer coaches again.... We might lose Pantoni and Marotti.... That would suck

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh damn, you are right. I dont wanna lose Mickey
Yeah, didn't think about it, until one of my friends brought it up... Those are two key assistants, and they're Urban's guys.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, didn't think about it, until one of my friends brought it up... Those are two key assistants, and they're Urban's guys.

Damn it, Shelley better put her foot down and tell Urban to stay in the studio

Reactions: gob