• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Simmons to the Twins 1/$10.5MM

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Twins shored up their infield defense with this move. Polanco is decent offensively, but has "issues" with his glove. The question now is does Arraez or Polanco plat 2B. I would vote for Arraez, as he is better defensively than Polanco is. Polanco is signed through the 2025 season, and the contract is guaranteed, so it is a sunk cost. The Twins will have to play him or have a very expensive bench-jockey.

Hauvea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another good move. I'm not a big Luis fan. Bump Polanco to 2nd, keep his power in the line up. Get a high quality SS to corner with Donaldson. It works for me.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons should be a good bridge to Lewis. Lewis will be able to work with him nearly every day this year, when both the Saints and Twins are home.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another good move. I'm not a big Luis fan. Bump Polanco to 2nd, keep his power in the line up. Get a high quality SS to corner with Donaldson. It works for me.

?!?
How can you not like Arraez!

Dude is a future superstar IMO. Dude still hasn’t turned 24 yet.

He’ll be our starting LF starting probably around play there 120 games or so (they will likely rotate a little at the corner outfield spots) if healthy to replace Rosario and spend most of the year between the 1st and 6th spot in the order. And likely spend a decent amount of late innings at 2nd as Simmons will be a prime candidate to be PH for when down late.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins pitchers just got a bit better

Hauvea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
?!?
How can you not like Arraez!

Dude is a future superstar IMO. Dude still hasn’t turned 24 yet.

He’ll be our starting LF starting probably around play there 120 games or so (they will likely rotate a little at the corner outfield spots) if healthy to replace Rosario and spend most of the year between the 1st and 6th spot in the order. And likely spend a decent amount of late innings at 2nd as Simmons will be a prime candidate to be PH for when down late.
Well, the guy is hitting for avg right now, but I think he gets figured out soon. Once that happens, he has no speed, mediocre glove, and no power. Thats not where I want our 2nd basemen to be. Just my opinion.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the guy is hitting for avg right now, but I think he gets figured out soon. Once that happens, he has no speed, mediocre glove, and no power. Thats not where I want our 2nd basemen to be. Just my opinion.

Power is very important obviously......but you need guys that get on base too. Was our biggest weakness last year and the reason the offense fell off a cliff. You simply cant win a lot of games hitting solo HR's.

It is why letting Rosario and his laughable career .310 OBP walk was the right move for this lineup. Love his power and love his arm.....but his inability to do the right thing at the plate in situations was absolutely maddening.

The fact that MLB has went to the all or nothing approach at the plate and it is so ingrained in the players that they cant go up and take a proper swing situationally is one of the dumbest things in baseball right now. Makes it REALLY hard to watch on those occasions when you get people in scoring position and then watch multiple batters comes up and fail to even put the ball in play when all it takes is a ground out to score a run.

Hauvea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Power is very important obviously......but you need guys that get on base too. Was our biggest weakness last year and the reason the offense fell off a cliff. You simply cant win a lot of games hitting solo HR's.

It is why letting Rosario and his laughable career .310 OBP walk was the right move for this lineup. Love his power and love his arm.....but his inability to do the right thing at the plate in situations was absolutely maddening.

The fact that MLB has went to the all or nothing approach at the plate and it is so ingrained in the players that they cant go up and take a proper swing situationally is one of the dumbest things in baseball right now. Makes it REALLY hard to watch on those occasions when you get people in scoring position and then watch multiple batters comes up and fail to even put the ball in play when all it takes is a ground out to score a run.
Oh I do agree with a lot of what you just said. How many times these last 3 years have we seen guys get to 2nd or 3rd with no outs and they cant even advance? Way too many times. One thing I hate about this team is its inability (or refusal) to run. We have some guys that can. We should be in attack mode nonstop. But we arent. We sit back and wait for the Bomba! Thats BS. I agree with you. That mind set is lazy. And when you took away the Twins power, you owned the Twins. Time for some deeper thinking. I stream the games, and I get so sick of Dick (or whomever his partner that day is) and they talk about not stealing or taking chances because we have all that power coming up behind those guys. To me, its a part of why we fail to win when it matters. We are lazy, slow and soft. Turn loose Buxton. Use the mans greatest asset for hells sake. I think Polanco and Kepler have some speed too. Make your runs every time you can, any way you can.

I wont miss Rosario for the very reason you gave. The guy could be hero, but some many times his lack of fundamentals killed us. In the field as well. I'm glad he moved on. I put Sano on that list as well. If you just wont take it seriously enough to improve yourself, then its next man up time. I can live with the mistakes and the failures when the effort is there.

We might disagree on Luis, but it sounds like we see some other things in a similar way.