• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Simmons tagged again

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not surprised by this. Albright has been saying that we should expect that Simmons will get the franchise tag, but don't expect him to play under it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I understand the two sides really are pretty darn close. Sounds like they have agreed on the total money for the deal just trying to work on the language for the guarantees. I have very little doubt they will get something done this time.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard the same that it would be surprising if a deal didn’t get done.

Would be a great start to 2021.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t care who we franchise, or transition. As long as we sign Shelby, I’m good. He deserves a deal the most IMO, he’s a beast

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t care who we franchise, or transition. As long as we sign Shelby, I’m good. He deserves a deal the most IMO, he’s a beast

Wait- So you are ok just letting a Pro Bowl safety walk without a franchise tag because you want Shelby re-signed? I mean we all love Shelby. We all want him re-signed. Why not tag Simmons and re-sign Harris like we hopefully do? Putting the tag on Simmons is a no brainer. Worst case you get him for 13 m for one more year. He is gonna average about 15 m a year anyway. So even if we don't lock him up long term this year he is still playing for less then his value on the tag. But come on now! Who do you think we are? The Houston Texans?

That being said... I will be SHOCKED if we don't reach a long term deal with Simmons before July. We appear close. I like that Paton ruled Harris a priority. Means nothing (maybe a bad thing) but so far I feel like Paton has matched exactly with that I have wanted and probably many other Bronco fans... Never felt that way with Elway at the wheel. ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmon's is a done deal. Shelby Harris is a priority and I think Von Miller is coming back as well.

Paton - seems to have bonded with Fangio and the gang is coming back for another go at it. Drew Lock is still the variable in the equation.

I saw where Jerry Jeudy is working hard on hand/eye coordination activities - and that bodes well.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tag! You're it! No, you're it!

Couldn't they come up with a better name than a child's game?!

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmon's is a done deal. Shelby Harris is a priority and I think Von Miller is coming back as well.

Paton - seems to have bonded with Fangio and the gang is coming back for another go at it. Drew Lock is still the variable in the equation.

I saw where Jerry Jeudy is working hard on hand/eye coordination activities - and that bodes well.
That really is Paton’s philosophy. Build through the draft and sign your own players. Is it a surprise we are going to try to keep most of our free agents?

We do need a CB in free agency because counting on a rookie to come on and play at a high level is unrealistic to count on. If a rookie comes on and beats out a Vet that is great.

I would say there is a good chance at another vet QB hedge. Driskel likely gets cut this week.