• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Silicon Valley

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've got to replace him with a similar character.
like they did with the Peter Gregory character?

I dunno, I think they can go in another direction with it.

I still need to watch the season finale.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I haven't seen the finale yet either.

At the very least they will need to introduce another major character IMHO. I like the three leads but I think that dynamic needs something else to survive. Preferably a dickhead.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

guess he didnt get the money he was asking for.....

I'm sure some of it was money but he's also talked about how now that he's becoming a bigger name and doing more projects sometimes they had to adjust their production schedule to where it mutually worked for him and the show which made it tough so I'm sure he feels that's not fair to everyone else involved. He'll never admit he's too big for the show but you know inside he feels like the show revolving around him and he'll do it when he gets some free time from bigger name projects isn't the right way to go about business. He does seem like a humble individual just from other things I've heard him talk about.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure some of it was money but he's also talked about how now that he's becoming a bigger name and doing more projects sometimes they had to adjust their production schedule to where it mutually worked for him and the show which made it tough so I'm sure he feels that's not fair to everyone else involved. He'll never admit he's too big for the show but you know inside he feels like the show revolving around him and he'll do it when he gets some free time from bigger name projects isn't the right way to go about business. He does seem like a humble individual just from other things I've heard him talk about.

that is really strange... I don't think he is even the most famous person on the show... He is an OK stand up comedian, and he has been in some movies(never the main character), so how can HE be to big for this show??

is that really being humble, or just egotistical... I would even say this show is the best thing he has for him... Unless Deadpool gives him a bigger role...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is really strange... I don't think he is even the most famous person on the show... He is an OK stand up comedian, and he has been in some movies(never the main character), so how can HE be to big for this show??

is that really being humble, or just egotistical... I would even say this show is the best thing he has for him... Unless Deadpool gives him a bigger role...
But isn't it fair to say he is the busiest of the stars?

Middleton (??) does commercials.
The two programmers do occasional supporting roles in movies (looks like the Indian dude has a leading role coming out soon).
Jarred does nothing else.

Miller, on the other hand has the Deadpool movies and he was a main character in one of the Transformers movies. And he does a LOT of voiceover work and is getting a lot more exposure as one of the hotter young comedic actors. If his schedule is causing problems with the show, maybe it makes sense for all involved to go his own way.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But isn't it fair to say he is the busiest of the stars?

Middleton (??) does commercials.
The two programmers do occasional supporting roles in movies (looks like the Indian dude has a leading role coming out soon).
Jarred does nothing else.

Miller, on the other hand has the Deadpool movies and he was a main character in one of the Transformers movies. And he does a LOT of voiceover work and is getting a lot more exposure as one of the hotter young comedic actors. If his schedule is causing problems with the show, maybe it makes sense for all involved to go his own way.

Busiest?? fine...

and if he is too busy to do this show then fine... But in NO WAY is he BIGGER than this show...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Busiest?? fine...

and if he is too busy to do this show then fine... But in NO WAY is he BIGGER than this show...
Maybe they were asking him to sign on for X years at a moderate raise while he is getting movie offers for a bunch more than that. If it doesn't make financial sense for him to sign their offer, doesn't that, by definition, make him bigger than the show, though?

I have no idea what has happened in the negotiations, btw. I am just throwing out hypotheticals.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at his IMDB for upcoming projects he's the star of 3 movies either releasing in the next year or in pre-production, and he's a big supporting actor in the other 4. Ever since he was the voice of Fred in that huge Big Hero Six movie he's gotten a lot more TV roles as well as Deadpool and the star of Office Christmas Party this past December. I'd definitely say he will be really busy within the next 3-5 years.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are losing your edge. I had no idea this show was back on. Now I have to binge tonight...

Thanks for nothing, slackers.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are losing your edge. I had no idea this show was back on. Now I have to binge tonight...

Thanks for nothing, slackers.

If you haven't seen Barry yet start watching that too.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF was that???

I was expecting to watch the season finale of Silicon Valley, and there was no massive crash and burn. No moronic, last second fail. No snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Did they show some other program in the SV time slot?

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 6 teaser:

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
caught up on the first two episodes on the final season last night. Going to miss this show.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.
Gifted ensemble.
Guilfoyle meeting his match was fun to watch.
I don't like Dinesh being jacked. Ever since he did the movie with Batista, he's all in shape and shit and it doesn't work with his character.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Dinesh being jacked. Ever since he did the movie with Batista, he's all in shape and shit and it doesn't work with his character.

Dinesh is kind of reduced to being amusement for Guilfoyle.
It's too bad TJ Miller went off the rails.

One of my favorite moments was Binding Arbitration when they put Erlich on the stand and he gets grilled on how bad his decisions have been.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dinesh is kind of reduced to being amusement for Guilfoyle.
It's too bad TJ Miller went off the rails.

One of my favorite moments was Binding Arbitration when they put Erlich on the stand and he gets grilled on how bad his decisions have been.
maybe he shows up again in the final season? He was a pretty necessary part of the show. Now there is too much Gavin at times.

I also want to see the 3-Commas guy.

source.gif

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe he shows up again in the final season? He was a pretty necessary part of the show. Now there is too much Gavin at times.

I also want to see the 3-Commas guy.

source.gif

Yeah, Gavin is only funny when he doesn't realize he's the joke.
It was funny to see his two deputies working to avoid getting moved to Georgia.
That was a funny bit that fooled me.

Monica does nothing now, but it was nice to see Lori back in the picture.
Maybe they'll bring back a lot of former characters to say farewell?

Reactions: ill