• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Silicon Valley

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ed Chambers needs to come back. They retired Jared's alter-ego waaaaay too quickly.
Nah. They can't have competence showing up in Pied Piper. If they had anyone who didn't have their head firmly inserted up the bunghole, the show wouldn't work.

Jared, in particular, needs to be meek and afraid of his own shadow.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. They can't have competence showing up in Pied Piper. If they had anyone who didn't have their head firmly inserted up the bunghole, the show wouldn't work.

Jared, in particular, needs to be meek and afraid of his own shadow.
hell no! Jared is best when they look into how fucked up he really is. His past life as a fratboy playing limp bizkit or his alter egos make him such a good character! His meekness is great and all, but when they established "This guy fucks!" it was great!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hell no! Jared is best when they look into how fucked up he really is. His past life as a fratboy playing limp bizkit or his alter egos make him such a good character! His meekness is great and all, but when they established "This guy fucks!" it was great!
As a flash, sure.

But if "Ed" shows up more often, than Jared would end up being a CLEAR asset to the company. And if he were to stay, and just become an ass causing problems at every turn, he would make Bachman redundant.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a flash, sure.

But if "Ed" shows up more often, than Jared would end up being a CLEAR asset to the company. And if he were to stay, and just become an ass causing problems at every turn, he would make Bachman redundant.
but Bachman has moved on! Jared has already shown to be a clear asset to the company! He is the only one who actually reads the Terms of Service shit or knows the minute details that the other nerds don't get.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but Bachman has moved on! Jared has already shown to be a clear asset to the company! He is the only one who actually reads the Terms of Service shit or knows the minute details that the other nerds don't get.
And the three programmers are clearly geniuses. That isn't my point.

If you transition Jared into Ed (at least part time), than Jared becomes super-employee. And just because Bachman is not current with PP does not mean he is off the show. What we have seen if Ed is just an uber-competent Bachman, and we don't need that on the show.

Don't get me wrong. I thought Ed was hillarious, and I think it was a stroke of genius for Zach Woods to bring him out for his career. After Office and Silicon Valley, he was certainly type cast and "Ed" tells all producers that he actually has some range as an actor.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh I don't want it full time, but I definitely want to see the "Ed" persona peek out again beofre this season is over.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh I don't want it full time, but I definitely want to see the "Ed" persona peek out again beofre this season is over.
Maybe we are in agreement.

I liked the occasional flashes of competance we saw from Michael on the Office. But if we saw that more often, it would have ruined the show. To only show it once a season or so reminded the audience why DM put up with his buffoonery, without diminishing said buffoonery. He was a HELL of a salesman.

Bringing out "Ed" just once a season (or so), would serve the same objective.

Reactions: ill

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else notice that when the guys were breaking the news to Richard about the VR deal falling through Jared was wearing the same sweater that Monica wore when she had to break some bad news that one time? Nice little touch.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait... TJ Miller is gone? For good?

/Show.
I liked his character, but they can replace him. I am sure of it.

His incubator was pretty much empty anyways.

Kenny

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just caught up last week and just found this out. Sucks. Show is gonna go down hill from here.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how they replace him.

The show could use a female foil....

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. My life is over.
I'm sorry to hear that.

RIP Bridgeburner

when I was a kid I would say the idiom "we'll cross that bridge when we get to it" with burn in there instead of cross. It made sense to me...