• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Signing: Jim Vandermeer a Shark

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One year contract. No news on the monetary value. He made $2.3 last season with EDM.

Veteran defensive dman. A little slow for my liking, but physical, stay-at-home shot blocker.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 year 1 million

Can't ask for anything better than that when considering he's a young vet (31). He was in a top 4 role at the end of last season with EDM, way above his head. He can round out the third pairing nicely imo. Love that it's 1 year for $1.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dig it, a solid presence and he will definitely be needed if Demers/Braun don't pan out or go through rough stretches. Vandermeer will remind Sharks fans of Craig Rivet, he stands up for his teammates and brings it every night. Good job Dougie, now time to focus on the forwards.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His salary went from $2.3 last season to $1. The one year deal makes me think he wants to use this season to propel his salary for next year.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vandy signing means Braun isnt going to get in the line up, i think sending him down to the AHL and letting him dominate would be the best option for him, bring up Petrecki let him learn the pro game in the practices and the box, get him in a few here and there then recall Braun.

That would be ideal, i think it would help them both out development wise.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vandy signing means Braun isnt going to get in the line up, i think sending him down to the AHL and letting him dominate would be the best option for him, bring up Petrecki let him learn the pro game in the practices and the box, get him in a few here and there then recall Braun.

That would be ideal, i think it would help them both out development wise.

Mike Moore is on a one-way deal starting this coming season so as of now I'd expect him to be the favorite for the 7th dman spot.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mike Moore is on a one-way deal starting this coming season so as of now I'd expect him to be the favorite for the 7th dman spot.

YEah but don't you think they should throw Petrecki a bone? I mean i know he struggled early in the AHL, but maybe give him extra incentive? Of course the whole contract thing with Moore is an issue to, so i guess its wait and see

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
YEah but don't you think they should throw Petrecki a bone? I mean i know he struggled early in the AHL, but maybe give him extra incentive? Of course the whole contract thing with Moore is an issue to, so i guess its wait and see

I'm think Petrecki will see some spot duty with the big club but I don't think it's unlikely he'll take over as the 7th dman much less start the season as the 7th dman this year.

Moore or Braun for the last D spot may depend on how much DW spends to round out the forward group. If he needs the extra cap space for injury call ups down the road it will be Moore.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm think Brian Mahoney Wilson will see some spot duty with the big club but I don't think it's unlikely he'll take over as the 7th dman much less start the season as the 7th dman this year.

Moore or Braun for the last D spot may depend on how much DW spends to round out the forward group. If he needs the extra cap space for injury call ups down the road it will be Moore.

For old times sake lol