• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

sign Tuney

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
draft pitts or smith in the 1st. what do you think?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really starting to fall in love with the Pitts pick, but I am still on the fence as they say Sewell can also play a good RT. If we can get a Thuney and replace Hart with Sewell, that is a hell of an upgrade. I don't like how Sewell has sat out an entire year, that does bother me a bit.

I didn't watch a lot of college football this last year so I have no idea who the good TE's are besides Pitts.

I think we need to still sign Lawson, and we need to ante up for Bates now long term before we get to free agency with him.

Lost Dunlaps contract, we should lose Green's contract, if we kick Hart to the curb that saves another 7 million. We should be able to find money for Lawson and Bates, along with sign at least 1 good offensive lineman. If that lineman is a tackle, then I don't think Sewell is needed as much. We can draft one in the 2nd or 3rd round. Lots of good guards available this year from what I am hearing. Which opens up our pick to Pitts again.

I know Smith is a dynamic player, but I do not like how small he is frame wise. I would rather have Chase than Smith.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smith built like R. Moss. Chris Collinsworth?....yea skinny, but he was a man among boys talent wise. haven't seen much of chase yet, but higgins appears to be a stud.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smith built like R. Moss. Chris Collinsworth?....yea skinny, but he was a man among boys talent wise. haven't seen much of chase yet, but higgins appears to be a stud.
I am with you. Where Moss and Collinsworth differentiate from Smith though is their height in my opinion. You can live with the stick figure a bit if they got the height to also add some weight without slowing down their game. Maybe Smith can do that for sure. I am just saying at this time, while I would be perfectly happy with Smith, I think I would prefer Chase.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea thought he was taller, now I like pitts. better. Should be a nightmare to cover. Great TE may be harder to find than a great receiver

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea thought he was taller, now I like pitts. better. Should be a nightmare to cover. Great TE may be harder to find than a great receiver
For the draft portion, for me, it comes down to which area does the pick improve the most - and which area can the Bengals find a relatively close comparison late on (either draft, or F/A). Assuming that the WR's and Pitts all grade out relatively close to the same.

With Boyd and Higgins already pretty much sitting at 1a and 1b - adding either Smith or Chase would be good, but the WR's are already pretty good at the 1/2 spots. Smith, to me, is more of a slot guy right now - and Chase has nice play on tape, but for a top 5 pick - I'd like him to be in that Julio Jones/AJ Green range with his size. I think it does matter. Also, I do like Tate. He's got to stay healthy, but as a 3rd WR - his size and catch radius have really flashed. I think he was getting a good connection going for a bit there with Burrow until his injury.

When you look at Pitts - then look at the Bengals TE room...it's clear they need offensive talent added. The upgrade at TE would dwarf the addition of either Smith or Chase at WR. Honestly, to tell you how much talent is needed at this position - I have to keep looking up who the hell is on the roster at TE. I can't remember, and I've probably looked it up 50 times while looking up stuff on Pitts and the Bengals roster in general.

Then when you look at the later rounds of the draft or FA - it would be much easier to find a 3rd/4th WR that would better compliment the current roster construction at WR than it would to find a guy that could do what Pitts can do.

Also, PFF had Pitts graded out in the 90's when split out wide. The guy really is a TE/WR hybrid that allows for a ton of offensive utilization.

And yes - my love for Pitts knows no bounds by this point...LOL

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitts would likely line up as the slot receiver, with someone like Uz playing TE
if we were in a goal line situation he could fill in for Higgins

I wouldn't consider him a great run/pass blocker, but a taller version of Shannon Sharpe
yes, he can block, no, that's not why he's famous.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitts would likely line up as the slot receiver, with someone like Uz playing TE
if we were in a goal line situation he could fill in for Higgins

I wouldn't consider him a great run/pass blocker, but a taller version of Shannon Sharpe
yes, he can block, no, that's not why he's famous.
Agreed.

He may be a token blocker - or some day become somewhat of a "not that bad" blocker for a TE - but in no world should he need to worry about blocking on more than 10% of his snaps. His value is all about the mismatch he creates as a route-runner. Too big for DB's, and too fast for LB's who can match his size.