• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sign Davis or Weiters now

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bundy, Gausman, Rodriguez top Baseball America's list of Top 10 Orioles prospects - baltimoresun.com

With 6 of 10 top prospects being pitchers if the O's can manage to sign either Davis or Weiters than the Os will be a contender for the next 5 years in my opinion. I understand Boras is a pain and Angelos is cheap, but I will always maintain a faith in this team.

Davis will get the extension, but I get the feeling that Wieters just doesn't want to be in Baltimore. He was offered contract extensions at the end of 2011 and 2012, and turned both offers down. He did not have a good year last year, therefore he is not deserving of a contract extension. While his defense is superb(it sucked a bit in 2013), his bat is just too unpredictable and can not be depended on. Time to trade him for whatever decent return can be brought back, and find a new catcher.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets just Balfour signed so we know theres a reliable closer. Then hopefully they add in one more SP and DH type. Wouldnt mind Burnett for a year until Gausman/DB get ready.

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Burnett too, should be interesting to see if we can get him, because while in Toronto he was decent, and same with Pittsburgh. Just couldn't handle NYC, which very few can. I like the addition of Balfour because if for nothing else him entering a field is AMAZING. Can we get OPACY rocking like this [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKBzP9-_H4A]BALFOUR RAGE!!!! - YouTube[/ame] haha

Mr. Oriole

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be great to see O's fans this excited when their closer enters the game. Hope we get his deal finalized and carry on with this in OPACY.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. well gone is 2 mill nate , 6 or 7 mill hammy and 4 million Feldman . another 6 million jj .yet we have signed really no one !!! that is close to 20 million and we have signed no one . did I say no one ??? Wilson and alexi and the 10 million brob oh that is up to 35+

cam1001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. well gone is 2 mill nate , 6 or 7 mill hammy and 4 million Feldman . another 6 million jj .yet we have signed really no one !!! that is close to 20 million and we have signed no one . did I say no one ??? Wilson and alexi and the 10 million brob oh that is up to 35+

Haha. This is so true. Some of that will go for arbitration, etc., but not even close to 35 mill. What the hell are they going to do with all of that surplus? Sign a closer and get a DH already. Adding a starter wouldn't hurt. Faak!

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis seems like a good guy through-and-through.. I really hope we push hard to sign him. While Wieter's numbers aren't the major-league 'WOW' I was originally led to believe, he does seem to handle pitchers well.. it's all a matter of how much he wants. I've historically been the kind of fan who wants to hold on to our players (especially the home-grown ones), but with him I'm completely neutral on this this time around. If he and Boras ask too much.. let him find his destiny elsewhere. Though I hope they can come to a reasonable meeting place.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping the cubs would have traded for Weiters, since we need pitching and catching, but Shark is probably as unpredictable as Weiters and really the Baltimore strength.