• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sidney Rice Torn ACL

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More bad news for seattle. They really need Harvin back.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They hardly used him anyway. No biggie.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many torn ACL's. I don't get it.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For perspective our number three is Miller with 13

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think this is a bigger deal than people realize. Obviously it won't be as big of a deal once Percy gets back on the field, but until then there was NOBODY behind Rice on the depth chart. And Rice has 11 first downs, 5 catches over 20 yards & 3 TDs this season. So although he isn't the focal point of the offense (Lynch is), any hit to an already weak receiving corps is a pretty big deal.

Their OL problems are a more dire issue than their problems at WR, but they should eventually get both of their tackles back.

With Rice's past injury problems, his might spell the end of his career. He almost certainly has played his last snap in Seattle.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a bigger deal than people realize. Obviously it won't be as big of a deal once Percy gets back on the field, but until then there was NOBODY behind Rice on the depth chart. And Rice has 11 first downs, 5 catches over 20 yards & 3 TDs this season. So although he isn't the focal point of the offense (Lynch is), any hit to an already weak receiving corps is a pretty big deal.

Their OL problems are a more dire issue than their problems at WR, but they should eventually get both of their tackles back.

With Rice's past injury problems, his might spell the end of his career. He almost certainly has played his last snap in Seattle.

Tate and Baldwin are good players. Rice has been an injured bum for a long time now.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Tate and Baldwin are good players. Rice has been an injured bum for a long time now.

They're ok. I wouldn't call them "good." Especially not Baldwin.

Harvin is good (good to great). I'm not looking forward to his return.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're ok. I wouldn't call them "good." Especially not Baldwin.

Harvin is good (good to great). I'm not looking forward to his return.

When healthy Rice is a deep threat, I still think maybe Baldwin and Tate are "good" because there has to be attention on Rice. As to Harvin, someone said on the radio today that he had some pain last week in trying to work so he might be a while longer.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rice is putting up Randy Moss numbers from 2012 when everyone said he was washed up.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Rice is putting up Randy Moss numbers from 2012 when everyone said he was washed up.

And it would've been a big deal if the Niners lost him for the season because there was nothing behind him. Just like it was a big deal when the Niners lost Ted Ginn & Morgan the year prior & went with Kyle Williams & Chad Hall. Rice is no longer the same, but he's still better than the guys behind him like Jermaine Kearse.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it would've been a big deal if the Niners lost him for the season because there was nothing behind him. Just like it was a big deal when the Niners lost Ted Ginn & Morgan the year prior & went with Kyle Williams & Chad Hall. Rice is no longer the same, but he's still better than the guys behind him like Jermaine Kearse.

I was throwing that out there for the Rice is a deep threat people

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle likes to take Injury bums from Minn and pay them a lot. (Rice and Harvin)

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rice going down hurts Harvin coming back. Russel has not shown enough for teams to be scared of him throwing on them. Rice was probably the only outside threat on the team due to his ability to go up for the ball. Now that Rice is gone teams will just double and press with coverage over the top on Harvin all game and force Wilson to find other options. Harvin is a bit overrated. You could say he never had a QB in Minny after Farve, but it's more than that. Harvin is a small and speedy WR that needs the ball in space. Where is that space going to be when Seattle can't spread the field for him? I'm sure he will make some big plays, but I see him getting contained for the most part.