• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

sid pronger

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You think after pronger done for the year sid sits out?

Gotta make suspensions more then 2-3 games. have to be 10

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolute. If your a first time offender, and you are Truely at fault minimum 5, every occupancy after that you double the previous amt.

However, neither the pronger incident nor the sid (last year or this year) were suspendable incidents. If I recall correctly the refs completely missed the high sticking call there should have been on the pronger one, and i really do wish pronger luck that was scary shit, but it warrants that 4 minute maybe a major penalty but nothing more.
And both times with sid there was nothing suspendable. The steckel play was a collision not a hit. The one in Boston was almost literally nothing which raises my eyebrow because i see him go out again now do easily and one just has to worry that is he capable of really playing? Right now at least I mean I'm sorry its just not safe for him

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree the hits weren't penalty or susspendable but something should be done. There has to be a clear black and white. That hit on zubrus by meyers should've been one. But its a gray area trying to make judgement on peoples intent? I say any hit to a head intentional or not 5 game ban.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Don't you think people would take advantage of that? Already, players at the last second are purposely turning their backs to an oncoming check to get that hit from behind penalty.
I agree something has to be done.
My suggestion is larger rinks to match what they have in the Olympics. The players today are bigger and faster. Its like putting a bunch of guys into a little swimming pool. Time to expand as its not like players will start getting smaller and slower. Its too tight in the rink.
I know bigger rinks will not totally prevent these concussions, but the talented players will have a lot more time and room. You will also see more smaller skilled players as opposed to border line checking players.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cup, just so I'm clear...you're fine with players being suspended for clean hits?

RP, bigger rinks would never happen...the owners wouldnt want to lose that money.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think that handing out suspensions based on injury is a bad, bad idea.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
ideally the best case would be to increase the size of the rinks but that really wont happen. but something needs to be done...players are obviously bigger faster stronger the equipment is bigger something has to give. i'm not saying making injuries on hits suspendable and im not saying to suspend players that dont break the rules in hits TODAY. but im all for changing the rules any hit to the head 5 games if the player is hurt or not.

JUST IMO so there really shouldnt be any arguments here...everyone has their own thoughts people

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, got ya now