• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SI Article Regarding The Seahawks

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listened to them talk about it and interview the writer. I doubt I'll read the article, but I find it interesting that despite making 2 SBs, 5 straight double digit winning seasons, and along with NE the only team in the NFL that made it to at least the div round every year from 2012-2016, it's the Seahawks that are the "dynasty that never was" and not a team like GB who has QB that will be regarded as one of the best ever, yet they have been to only 1 SB and it was like 8 years ago now. Why don't the Packers get more criticism for not doing more with Aaron Rodgers' prime? Instead, it's Seattle with a stud QB who is just entering his prime. How many times have the Patriots re-made their team under Brady? The Steelers have made SBs and have contended with completely different casts around Ben as well. But the talk on the Hawks is that it's all over. I hope RW hears that disrespect.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty damning.

I think if We go under .500. Pete needs to go.

Let the players be the players, not coddle one over others

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty damning.

:puzzled:
This season and next are restocking years, yet your ready to fire his ass for a under .500 season?:sad2:

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty damning.

The most successful coach and GM this team has ever seen and you want to kick them to the curb? :tsk:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty damning.

Let the players be the players? Not exactly sure what you mean by that, but I think one of the risks of Pete's style of letting players be themselves is you get what eventually happened to this team -- the loud personalities became too big for the team. The reward of making 2 SBs was worth it, in my opinion, but it doesn't mean we don't have some sort of issue to address now on the back end of the run with that particular core group.

I'll worry about what happens after a losing season when it gets here. Russell's worst win total in 6 seasons is 9, and it took an infamously horrid OL and disastrous kicking game to pull him down there. Brees has had 5(!!!) 7 win seasons in 12 years with Sean Payton in NO, just for some context.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the article. I have a Huge issue with the coddling of Wilson because that creates tension.

I think it if someone is playing like a dipshit, then don't say. "Boy, how resilient was Billy Joe today". You don't give out any participation trophies. You call the out on their shit. That is what the great coaches do.

You don't create a philosophy where one guy is bigger than the others, especially when one is being compared to the best ever units.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article is interesting but not terribly surprising.

The Seahawks had a defense full of stars. That is uncommon in today's NFL. They believed they were the team.

Richard Sherman is one of my favorite Seahawk players. But he definitely let his ego get the best of him. His job, along with Bennett and McDaniel and Avril, was to play defense. His job was not to tell Pete Carroll how to run the team or to tell the offense what they were doing wrong.

It's interesting that they talk about Ifedi and questioning why he kept getting chances and why they didn't bring in a FA to fill that role. Well the reason is because they spent all their money on defense. The Seahawks spent less money on OL than any team in the league for the past several seasons and simply relied on Russell Wilson to overcome that. Yet somehow that gets ignored by the anti-Wilson guys.

They gripe about Wilson throwing 4 picks in the NFC championship game? Did they grip about Jermaine Kearse forgetting how to catch the football and popping it up in the air for easy picks?

What this article really tells me is that PC/JS made the right decision to clean house. Let's see how Richard Sherman likes playing for the Niners if they start off sluggish or go 6-10 and Garappollo is the next Joe Montana.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like we got rid of some of the whining bitches who couldn't just be adults and do their jobs.

Who cares if RW was treated differently? All QBs are. Plus most of the time Wilson played poorly (NFCC) he was resilient and led the team back to win the game, or at least have a chance.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the article. I have a Huge issue with the coddling of Wilson because that creates tension.

I think it if someone is playing like a dipshit, then don't say. "Boy, how resilient was Billy Joe today". You don't give out any participation trophies. You call the out on their shit. That is what the great coaches do.

You don't create a philosophy where one guy is bigger than the others, especially when one is being compared to the best ever units.
Let's face reality here: every single franchise QB is treated differently than everyone else. It's the most important single position on the team, maybe the single most important position in all of team sports. They are the most popular, most marketable, and highest paid players.

But the notion that RW was allowed to perform poorly and not get called out for it is nuts. He's started since week 1 of his rookie year and has set all sort of QB records for wins and efficiency. He's the 2nd highest rated passer of all time. He has more wins in his first X number of seasons than any other QB ever. The last 2 years he's done it with zero help from the running game and one of the poorest lines we have ever seen. He played through 3 different injuries at once in 2016 that most QBs would have missed weeks for even if they only had 1 of the 3. He scored every offensive TD this team had last year but 1. He was making peanuts his first few years in the league when other core players were getting millions. His insane playmaking ability allowed this team to come back in games they were down by 3 scores (TB, Houston, Atlanta playoffs, NFCC). All along the way, Russell has never done or said anything negative about anyone. Sounds like a bunch of jealous butt-hurt ex-Hawks to me.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman complaining someone got coddled? Is he looking in a mirror? Hard to believe anyone here buys into that garbage. I got tired of making excuses for Sherman behavior long ago.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like we got rid of some of the whining bitches who couldn't just be adults and do their jobs.

Who cares if RW was treated differently? All QBs are. Plus most of the time Wilson played poorly (NFCC) he was resilient and led the team back to win the game, or at least have a chance.

That is my issue. Treat everyone equally and shit like this doesn't happen.

You start treating one better than the other.....

You get this.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You get this.

A team is a collection of different personalities. Part of managing a team is knowing how to get through to each and get the most out of them. Pete did that for a good stretch. He still can with a new batch of talent.

To those whiners: Not everyone is treated equally in life. Get over it.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You get this.
Treating everyone equally is a fairy tale. You treat them fairly. There's a big difference. Your 3rd string guard is never going to be "equal" to your $20M+ a year future HOF QB. Shoot, probably from junior high level on, players on a team are not treated "equally."

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You get this.

You think Richard Sherman had to compete for his position every training camp?

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:wtf:

He’s the quarterback... that’s how it works on literally every team.

The irony is all the guys taking shots now that they’re gone, who you apparently want to agree with, were giant babies in their own right, who got away with way more than they should have because of their status.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then you got people that want to be the highest paid at their position then cry about where does the money come from for all the other guys after someone gets a contract ( Wilsons? ). Who was it that did that? hmm wasn't it Michael Bennett? Richard Sherman? I forget it was to long ago but they spun it into " this is a business and these choices have to be made , who do you pay because you can't pay everyone". But they said that after the realized how douche they sounded.