• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

should there be a change made?

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually most teams will give the visiting team a day game on the last of a 3 game series if the visiting team has a game the next day. The Angels don't. Rangers went to sleep at 7 am this morning after flying into Minn from LA. Not sure about other divisions, but everyone in the West does it besides LAA. I would think the league would want to put the best quality out as possible on the field, any thoughts? It is what it is to me, but I know a lot of the players get pissed about it, and understandably so.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the "get-away" game times are set by the league when the schedules are made... I just perused the Angels schedule and found a bunch of early games during the week. So I doubt there was any bad intent. (especially since Cali had to hop on a plane after the game, too)...

There may have just been someting else goin on in the city yesterday that prevented the day game....

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the "get-away" game times are set by the league when the schedules are made... I just perused the Angels schedule and found a bunch of early games during the week. So I doubt there was any bad intent. (especially since Cali had to hop on a plane after the game, too)...

There may have just been someting else goin on in the city yesterday that prevented the day game....
I never really gave it much thought thinking it was a league thing. But during the broadcast they kept talking about it. I don't listen to everything Tom Grieve says, but being a former GM and now broadcaster thought he might know that aspect of the team/leauge.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This reminds me of a time a few years back, where there was some rain during the day, the Mets had a 7 o'clock start time and a makeup doubleheader in St. Louis the next day. The rain stopped around 6 o'clock, everyone was in the stadium and around 7:30 they called the game. Those fuckers knew 100% they were not playing that game, that game was cancelled well in advance so that they could hop on a plane early to St. Louis. They just wanted the money for parking and concessions. Thieves I tell ya.