• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the Pro Bowl go away?

Should the pro bowl go away?

• Total voters

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just reading this article: Arian Foster on improving the Pro Bowl: Goodell?s not taking the hits | ProFootballTalk.

Texans running back Arian Foster says he respects the fact that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell wants players to play harder in the Pro Bowl. But he thinks that’s a lot easier for Goodell to say than for the players to do.

“I see both sides of the coin, I really do,” Foster said on NFL Network. “But in all honesty, with all due respect, Mr. Goodell? He’s not out here taking these hits.”

Foster said he’d hate to see the Pro Bowl go away, but he also doesn’t think it’s realistic to expect players to hit each other at full speed in an exhibition game at the end of the season.

Do you really want your franchise's best players out there risking injury in a meaningless game?

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they should still name a team, but not play the game. They could still invite some of the top players at each position to Hawaii for a skills competition similar to the college football all star challenge at the end of the year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they should still name a team, but not play the game. They could still invite some of the top players at each position to Hawaii for a skills competition similar to the college football all star challenge at the end of the year.

^^^This.

No point in playing a game if they are half assing it out there. Skills competition would be fun to watch.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously don't understand why they don't have a skills competition. I'd watch just to see certain guys run the 40. And you know they would enjoy doing it and bragging about who's the fastest, strongest, etc etc. Get the Sports Science guys out there to measure shit and make it into a big show

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. A skills comp. would be much better than that charade they call the pro bowl.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never understood why NFL always plays their 'all star' game at the end of the season. I think if they went the way of MLB, NBA and the NHL and play the 'all star' game in the middle of the season, the public and players would be much more interested.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see how it's possible to have a good all star game in football. Kill it and get it over with.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see how it's possible to have a good all star game in football. Kill it and get it over with.

I agree with you and the others in this thread. Given the nature of the game and the potential seriousness of injury (having a potential impact on the next season), the game is not played at the same tempo and ferocity as a normal game would be.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pro Bowl is so freakin boring. Can't remember the last time I really watched it. Are they having one this year?