• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the NFL Require All Players and Staffs to Be Vaccinated Against Covid ??

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but they need to wait their turn like everyone else. They get enough special treatment as it is. Finish vaccinating the elderly, medical staff, school teachers, and the at-risk folks first.
That's not done yet? If you fit one of those categories in Ohio, and you haven't had your shot yet, it's because you don't want it.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making up shit again? While I do (kind of) agree that football players get away with things in the classroom, about half the players in the NFL have a degree.
Link??

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they should All be required...

Yes there should be exemptions...

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not done yet? If you fit one of those categories in Ohio, and you haven't had your shot yet, it's because you don't want it.
Good for Ohio. But the NFL is in a lot more states than Ohio. Not all the states have their shit together.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Ohio. But the NFL is in a lot more states than Ohio. Not all the states have their shit together.
Based on what I've seen on this board, as well as on Facebook from friends in other states, Ohio is far from being alone

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just think they are players in the National Fascist League if they can “require” it.

there is no difference between required and heavily suggested...

Making a definitive stand is a good thing, and it would make the NFL look good...

having exemptions allows for players to decide whether they really want one...

Its a win win situation...

If you want the exemptions to be anonymous that's another debate...

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is no difference between required and heavily suggested...

Making a definitive stand is a good thing, and it would make the NFL look good...

having exemptions allows for players to decide whether they really want one...

Its a win win situation...

If you want the exemptions to be anonymous that's another debate...
It’s totally unnecessary for world class athletes. That demographic is hardly at risk. Most wouldn’t take it(even if they could require it-which they can’t).

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s totally unnecessary for world class athletes. That demographic is hardly at risk. Most wouldn’t take it(even if they could require it-which they can’t).

But they already to covid testings every week... you don't think that NFL as a company would want to protect their players... especially when having Covid means you don't play...

the business would be dumb not to require it... especially in a sport where people are in constant contact with eachother and they travel across the country...

this is not a political decision... its a business decision... and an optics decision...

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they already to covid testings every week... you don't think that NFL as a company would want to protect their players... especially when having Covid means you don't play...

the business would be dumb not to require it... especially in a sport where people are in constant contact with eachother and they travel across the country...

this is not a political decision... its a business decision... and an optics decision...
Having the vaccine wouldn’t stop the testing. And, again, they can’t require it anyway. It would never get through the Player’s union.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what I've seen on this board, as well as on Facebook from friends in other states, Ohio is far from being alone
Here in Delaware they're basically allowing everyone to sign up for the shots. They've done the at risk people who want it. But there are a lot of people here who don't want to be guinea pigs for these experimental drugs, either.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having the vaccine wouldn’t stop the testing. And, again, they can’t require it anyway. It would never get through the Player’s union.

Players union has always been about give and take.... If NFL wants it they will figure out a way to do it... and sure, it wont stop testing,... But it theoretically should prevent players missing games for Covid…

if you have the vaccine, you don't get coupled in with contact tracing....

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, it's not much of a business decision, either. The shots won't stop the testing, and won't stop positive results, either. So teams will still have outbreaks, even if no one gets sick. When players get sidelined for positive test results, even false positive results, we see another aspect of perpetual lockdowns.

The teams are getting plenty of money from TV revenue. You won't see any owners driving around in an 8-year-old Corolla.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The school teachers here in Washington state are not in the exception category. They had to wait until the shots became available to the general public. If that is true here in Wa, which is one of the most libtarded states in the country, then it is probably true in most blue states.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The school teachers here in Washington state are not in the exception category. They had to wait until the shots became available to the general public. If that is true here in Wa, which is one of the most libtarded states in the country, then it is probably true in most blue states.
One of my friends in California (not essential) posted something about either getting his first shot or scheduled it soon the other day.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got every vaccine there was when I was a kid, and I ate peanut butter before I was 21 too.
My kids have gotten every vaccine available including HPV.

Except Covid.
Yet.

I will and they will when the vaccines have been perfected.

This is my exact situation. I'm not in a rush to get the vaccine yet. I'll let everybody else be the guinea pigs.

That said, I have to travel out of the country for my job so I'll likely be getting it sooner than laster whether I like it or not.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is why didn't you google it first?
I did......There is no exact number on how many graduate prior to the draft and hiw many complete their degrees after they start or complete their careers.

The best I could find was

46%

As of the beginning of the 2017 season (sorry, that's the most recent data I could find) a full 46% of NFL players received at least a Bachelor's degree from their college or University where they played ball. This is by far the highest percentage of college graduates among the Big Four American Sports leagues. It's niot known for sure whether degrees were completed prior, while or after plying in the NFL.