• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the NCAA Force Power 5 Teams to Stop Scheduling FCS Opponents?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most UGA fans I know were bitching about this past season's OOC being the worst in UGA's history. I'm not sure what happened to cause it to be what it was, but I'm on record saying I didn't like it.
This is the answer IMHO. Until the ticket paying fans send the message to the AD/Pres, it probably won't change.

And it my have to be the BMDs that send the message. It doesn't seem to matter to the powers that be if the stands aren't full. As long as TV money AND BMD money is rolling in, it doesn't seem like they give a shit.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did yall play Florida Atlantic before UCLA and Army before Baylor?

Zero difference.
Should have done them the other way around.
FAU>UCLE
Army>Baylor.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. College football needs an ACTUAL governing entity that removes conference realignment and scheduling from the hands of the schools. Remove school autonomy in order to make the sport better.

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they should not. All FBS vs. FCS games should only be allowed as exhibitions. Team, Coaching and Player records should not count for anything (positively or negatively).

I really like having those once in a lifetime moments like Appalachian State vs. Michigan though. Imagine if all of that happened and the game didn’t even count. That’s what college football is all about.

I don’t really see the big deal with placing FCS teams for one game a year, not like one game will make our break your season. Any more than that is excessive though. For the FCS players, it may be the only time in their lives when they get to play in front of 70,000+ people.

Tortilla Launcher

Defense is boring
Hoopla Cash
$ 354.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I do think there needs to be some guidelines however.

The FCS school should have to show they are taking football seriously at that level and maybe had some success in recent years.

And show what the money would be used for.

Like TTU should NOT have been playing Lamar this past season. TTU was clearly a pretty bad team and we still won like 70-0... Lamar was a losing record FCS team. That is just not good football nor safe.

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I do think there needs to be some guidelines however.

The FCS school should have to show they are taking football seriously at that level and maybe had some success in recent years.

And show what the money would be used for.

Like TTU should NOT have been playing Lamar this past season. TTU was clearly a pretty bad team and we still won like 70-0... Lamar was a losing record FCS team. That is just not good football nor safe.

Lamar actually went on a 6-game winning streak to end the season and made the FCS playoffs lol. They're usually pretty terrible though.

You never really know what you're going to get playing some of these FCS teams. Drake nearly knocked off Iowa State in their last game of the regular season.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool article on it.

What say you?

Personally I have always said if a P5 team plays FCS or Division 2 opponents, they shouldn't be eligible for the playoff / championship. They can still play in the post season in a bowl. Just not for the natty.

LINK
I dont think any P5 team has ever played a DII school

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think any P5 team has ever played a DII school

I wouldn't say never because I feel sure it happened when the divisional system was implemented but it's been a while.

Doesn't stop the ignorant from thinking it happens every year though.

Jtrain80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. College football needs an ACTUAL governing entity that removes conference realignment and scheduling from the hands of the schools. Remove school autonomy in order to make the sport better.

Another governing body like the NCAA or the Playoff committee?

Also, we need things to argue about.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. Since everyone already agrees about Auburn and goats, we need other more divisive topics to discuss!

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND has never scheduled an FCS opponent. Only 3 programs can say this, ND, USC, UCLA.

Texas had to schedule freakin' Sam Houston State at the last minute back in '06 b/c Utah backed out of our home and home (or it might have been Wisconsin), but other than that, Texas does not schedule FCS teams and that's the only one i know of unless you count North Texas back in like '90.

I don't really give a shit if other teams schedule FCS teams; those games just shouldn't count towards bowl eligibility and shouldn't count period on their schedule. Sumlin padded his wins playing a fuck ton of that FCS weak shit......

_rolltideroll_

4 out of 3 people have trouble with basic math...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with not playing FCS teams. It would however, eliminate a anti-SEC bullet point which seems contrary to the adenda...

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, so now it's equal teams...Here's a news flash North Dakota State would've waxed Ball St.

LOL, there is not a safety concern between FCS and FBS, that is some lame ass shit right there. There are plenty of talented athletes at the FCS level, they are not trotting out Corky. If we were talking about D3 you might have a point, but we're not. A guy is playing FCS because he runs a 4.7, not because he's going to get destroyed playing a FBS athlete. Based on your logic Oregon State should quit playing tomorrow due to safety concerns.

NDSU would wax KU, KSU, Tennessee, Arkansas, CU, Oregon State, Rutgers, Indiana, Illinois, L'ville, and UNC if they played tomorrow.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm fine with the NCAA doing it, but we seriously need to revamp the game in my opinion from the scheduling and realignment to some of the rules. Problem is that the NCAA has no balls and the schools don't want to give it up. It doesn't need to be the same as the NFL because the NFL has tons of its own problems, but it should be run in a similar fashion. But that's me.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Since everyone already agrees about Auburn and goats, we need other more divisive topics to discuss!
While Auburn may better with goats, there are a whole lot of people that think them boys in Stillwater and/or Bryan-College Station are better far superior with sheep and cattle.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas had to schedule freakin' Sam Houston State at the last minute back in '06 b/c Utah backed out of our home and home (or it might have been Wisconsin), but other than that, Texas does not schedule FCS teams and that's the only one i know of unless you count North Texas back in like '90.

I don't really give a shit if other teams schedule FCS teams; those games just shouldn't count towards bowl eligibility and shouldn't count period on their schedule. Sumlin padded his wins playing a fuck ton of that FCS weak shit......
SHSU>my guys some years...LIKE THE LAST THREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with the NCAA doing it, but we seriously need to revamp the game in my opinion from the scheduling and realignment to some of the rules. Problem is that the NCAA has no balls and the schools don't want to give it up. It doesn't need to be the same as the NFL because the NFL has tons of its own problems, but it should be run in a similar fashion. But that's me.
Instead of jacking with the playoff, I'd prefer something be done about OOC shit.

We need A LOT more interconference play among the P5s so the committee can better evaluate teams. JMO

But, it ain't gonna happen so I'm wishing in one hand and crapping in the other.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of jacking with the playoff, I'd prefer something be done about OOC shit.

We need A LOT more interconference play among the P5s so the committee can better evaluate teams. JMO

But, it ain't gonna happen so I'm wishing in one hand and crapping in the other.
Don't clap