• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the Broncos make a trade before the deadline?

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great analysis! I'm glad I'm not in the Bronco front office and have to deal with these issues. The one issue you haven't mentioned with all the decisions that have to be made is the salary cap reduction issue - based on this year's revenue. Teams can get in trouble with the salary cap is they don't watch out, but at the same time - when the Covid is gone - the revenues will spike and the profits will roll in (IMO).
I believe that is why Elway has been trying to carry over money from this year to next year. With all the injuries is has been tough. The Broncos currently have just under $19 million that they can carry over to next year. Last I heard the expected salary cap is supposed to fall to $175 which would be ~23 million less then this year. If the Broncos can carry over the ~$19 million it would allow them to keep a pretty much static salary cap for next year.

There are huge decisions to be made:
  • Do you pick up Von's option? Do you try to work out a new deal? Do you let him hit free agency?
  • Can you sign Simmons? If not do you tag him again?
  • Do you try to resign Bolles?
  • Do you try to sign Sutton to a contract extension?
  • What do you do with DeMarcus Walker?
  • Do you try to sign Lindsay to a multi-year deal or just go year by year until he hits UFA?
There could be a lot of money tied up in the moves above.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bouye and Casey are on the 21 roster for $24M
I just think Elway has a number for Simmons he won’t go over. Many say Justin is not the playmaker worthy of anything over $14.

however Elway's record of signing a drafted player to a 2nd contract is not good . In this case they may want to give Justin more and keep him here.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons has good ball skills. I just don’t think he has the consistency to pay him like an elite safety. I would pay him good money but not in the range of the top paid safety in the NFL. Great leader, great physical tools, good ball skills and awareness, just not elite. I think we will end up locking him up.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the 21 numbers after limited fans FO has lots of big decisions to make.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can’t tag Simmons again.
I thought a player can be tagged twice, but the second time is much more expensive. Once a player has been tagged twice in their career, they can't be tagged again.

I could be wrong.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely not. There's nobody in the Bronco organization that has any idea about talent.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely not. There's nobody in the Bronco organization that has any idea about talent.
Seriously? Jerry Jeudy is horrible? Noah Fant would be able to make another team, let alone start? Bradley Chubb washed up has been?

I get being frustrated with the loss to the Raiders. I get the disappointment as this team brought some higher expectations into the season, but falling short. The seemingly endless list of quality players getting injuries.

Don’t let your disappoint and frustrations cloud your view of this team or the talent that is on it. This can be a good team, but something is a miss. Is it coaching? Maybe. Is it too many injuries to over come? Could be. Is it an abundance of youth learning it’s way? Not out of the question.

Remember the difference between being really good and really bad is not that great.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? Jerry Jeudy is horrible? Noah Fant would be able to make another team, let alone start? Bradley Chubb washed up has been?

I get being frustrated with the loss to the Raiders. I get the disappointment as this team brought some higher expectations into the season, but falling short. The seemingly endless list of quality players getting injuries.

Don’t let your disappoint and frustrations cloud your view of this team or the talent that is on it. This can be a good team, but something is a miss. Is it coaching? Maybe. Is it too many injuries to over come? Could be. Is it an abundance of youth learning it’s way? Not out of the question.

Remember the difference between being really good and really bad is not that great.
Well, considering the deadline passed a couple weeks ago, you could say my comment was inconsequential.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Drew Lock is hampering JJ development
Put Jerry on Houston Or LV and he’d be blowing up. Pick a team with a QB who is not rated in the 30s

that’s how bad Lock is right now

also a pet peeve of mind

if you are going to be cocky back it up

Talib is cocky and backs it up
Lock was cocky until he got punched in the face .
Cocky and not being able to back it up is just sad and pathetic