• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the 2020 season be cancelled?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The owners and players don't care for the fans, just their greedy self-interests.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. And this idea of instituting the DH on both sides makes me sick. Fuck 'em.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idk... I am on the fence... I kind of wish the season would be canceled.... But not baseball... Would love a exhibition tournament...

maybe 15 to 20 teams... have a round robin, of a 2 or 3 game series each... and then seed the teams that way, and have a playoff...

All I know, is if you are changing the rules of baseball, just to have baseball, it is not really going to be baseball...

BIGBLUE 49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea of determining a WORLD SERIES championship off of 60 games is a farce. MLB is going to turn baseball into a quaint sideshow event like the x-games if they keep this crap up. Sad sad day in AMERICA.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been mostly on the owners side which is not the norm for me...that was a mistake.

While I still don't think players should have any say in how many games are played less than 162+ playoffs, the owners continue to BS around with the prorated salaries so you can't really blame players much at this point. Okay owners...you're going to lose some money this season...millions of business owners are going to lose money this year....what the hell did you do with all the profits from the last decade or so?

The diehard baseball fans will come back and the owners realize that, but I've never seen a sport care less about the paying fans than MLB.

Reactions: GNG

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea of determining a WORLD SERIES championship off of 60 games is a farce. MLB is going to turn baseball into a quaint sideshow event like the x-games if they keep this crap up. Sad sad day in AMERICA.

It might yield an unlikely champion with the ultra shorten season, but for the game...what would be better? No season?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The diehard baseball fans will come back and the owners realize that, but I've never seen a sport care less about the paying fans than MLB.
MLB just cares about how much money they can take.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good bye MLB.

BIGBLUE 49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ATL96Steeler Never thought i would ever say this....but...yes...i think it would be better than a "gimmick"WORLD SERIES champion who ends up with the title because some contenders who would ultimately win it by earning it.....fail to qualify by the happenstance of their "slow start" out of the gate.
That is why the 162 games season is so great as it gives a team a chance to overcome a slump to even force a 163'rd game......not so in a "gimmick" season of just 60 games. I was on board with 75 or 89 games.....not with 60.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ATL96Steeler Never thought i would ever say this....but...yes...i think it would be better than a "gimmick"WORLD SERIES champion who ends up with the title because some contenders who would ultimately win it by earning it.....fail to qualify by the happenstance of their "slow start" out of the gate.
That is why the 162 games season is so great as it gives a team a chance to overcome a slump to even force a 163'rd game......not so in a "gimmick" season of just 60 games. I was on board with 75 or 89 games.....not with 60.

We have had teams recently that were maybe ten games above .500 get hot and win it all

A competition is a competition

The winner is the winner

BIGBLUE 49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Stakesarehigh That which establishes the quality of a championship is the calibre of the opponent defeated....and what you had to go through to obtain it. A 60 game "gimmick" season could result in the happenstance elevation of an inferior team and a truncated season that does nothing to provide a team testing challenge due to it's brevity. Not all wins are subject to being heralded as great contests. It's like the difference between cubic zirconia and a real gem(diamond).

BIGBLUE 49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Stakesarehigh One final offering as to your contention that all wins are equal. Could you with a straight face compare the cache of a championship produced after a 60 game gimmick season with the Cubs winning after more than a century....the Red Sox breaking the curse by going through the Yankees after trailing 3-0 in the alcs.....and the Nationals beating down the Houston A-holes by winning every game in their park? Really?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I'd rather just see the minor leagues get a couple of months in.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

162 is a true marathon, and 95% of the time the most talented team wins...this was never going to be a normal season. While I get it's slightly longer, but I'm not sure what the additional 15 or even 30 games more than 60 will accomplish relative to a full season....the sample is still way too small.

Now more than any other time in my life...MLB is background TV while I'm on the grill, or I catch the Braves in a tight game late, I might watch it til the end. So I can really take it or leave it now (been to one live game since the strike...a freebie to the new Braves park) and I used to go to 8 to 10 a season when they were down at Fulton Co. stadium.

That said...I would rather the 60 than none. Summer with no baseball would just add to the "this is not normal" world we're in now.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
162 is a true marathon, and 95% of the time the most talented team wins...this was never going to be a normal season. While I get it's slightly longer, but I'm not sure what the additional 15 or even 30 games more than 60 will accomplish relative to a full season....the sample is still way too small.

Now more than any other time in my life...MLB is background TV while I'm on the grill, or I catch the Braves in a tight game late, I might watch it til the end. So I can really take it or leave it now (been to one live game since the strike...a freebie to the new Braves park) and I used to go to 8 to 10 a season when they were down at Fulton Co. stadium.

That said...I would rather the 60 than none. Summer with no baseball would just add to the "this is not normal" world we're in now.
I would say that the best team in baseball rarely wins. The playoffs are basically who gets hot at the right time. 5 and 7 gm series are a crapshoot