• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shock Dissapointment

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets getting a win would be a shock.

SomeGuy

Christian Conservative
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the most realistic 'shock' would be the Falcons missing the playoffs.

NFC South is always so even...its an impossible division to pick yet everyone is picking the Falcons because it looks right. But the Bucs and Panthers look like trendy bounceback teams according to the usual data and common sense suggests that the Saints should be better.
Man I am hoping you are right but this division should be interesting.

My shock would be that the Bucs don't finish at the bottom of the division but 2nd. Yes, i have no facts to back that up.

RonBorges

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Steelers and Bears struggling to get 7 wins.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at all the wishful thinking by the Seahawks haters and provide 0 justification for those calls. Your tears of jealousy taste delicious.

I say the Pats and 49ers take a step back due to injuries and roster losses over the offseason. But Pats could make the playoffs simply because of the div they play in.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at all the wishful thinking by the Seahawks haters and provide 0 justification for those calls. Your tears of jealousy taste delicious.

I say the Pats and 49ers take a step back due to injuries and roster losses over the offseason. But Pats could make the playoffs simply because of the div they play in.

Aren't you kind of doing the same thing with having wishful thinking about the 49ers. Right now Crabtree is the only major injury and he should be back before the season is over and Gholdston looks like the major loss from the roster yet they drafted a guy in the 1st round plus added quite a few pieces to the defense to add to the overall depth.

I agree the Patriots look like they could have a few more struggles than usual but the 49ers I would say is pretty much wishful thinking.

Now with people saying the Seahawks could take a step back there are many reasons why. Russell Wilson could have the sophomore slump. The team will no longer catch people off guard as Sherman has kind of put a target on their back. Team suspensions. Hardest division in football could cause them to miss the playoffs with a few tougher games than other teams. Seahawks decided to go with some big risk reward kind of players so depending whether they actually pay off or not remains to be seen. Those are just a few reasons I can see why people are seeing the Seahawks take a step back this year.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints make a comeback and win their division. The Falcons go 8-8 and miss the playoffs. You heard it here first !

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shock: Jamarcus Russell makes a roster.

Disappointment: The Colts. Will probably even be a better team than last year. But, they don't get the last place schedule this year.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be shocked if Bengals don't win their division. K.C. will shock everyone and get the last AFC wildcard.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't you kind of doing the same thing with having wishful thinking about the 49ers. Right now Crabtree is the only major injury and he should be back before the season is over and Gholdston looks like the major loss from the roster yet they drafted a guy in the 1st round plus added quite a few pieces to the defense to add to the overall depth.

I agree the Patriots look like they could have a few more struggles than usual but the 49ers I would say is pretty much wishful thinking.

Now with people saying the Seahawks could take a step back there are many reasons why. Russell Wilson could have the sophomore slump. The team will no longer catch people off guard as Sherman has kind of put a target on their back. Team suspensions. Hardest division in football could cause them to miss the playoffs with a few tougher games than other teams. Seahawks decided to go with some big risk reward kind of players so depending whether they actually pay off or not remains to be seen. Those are just a few reasons I can see why people are seeing the Seahawks take a step back this year.

See. There you go. That's actually some legit analysis to back up a claim. Nicely done.

For my call, the 49ers could take a step back because:

1). Crabtree accounted for about 50% of Kaep\Smith comp%. It's a huge blow to their offense losing your #1 wideout. I dont see him coming back from a blown achilles this season. Boldin was a nice pickup, but he's not the fast downfield threat Crabs was. Thus having Kaep run more to make up for that is a recipe for a RG3 blown knee in the NFL. Big risk.

2). Gore is on the wrong side of 30.

3). Kaep only started half a season. The sophomore slump could bring him back to earth as well.

4). Gholdston was a big loss and the only real baller for their DBs. Ried is a rookie and gets burned in pass coverage all the time. I see the 9ers secondary getting torched in the pass happy NFL a lot in 2013.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointment: The Colts. Will probably even be a better team than last year. But, they don't get the last place schedule this year.
I actually think the Colts making the playoffs would be a big shock

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See. There you go. That's actually some legit analysis to back up a claim. Nicely done.

For my call, the 49ers could take a step back because:

1). Crabtree accounted for about 50% of Kaep\Smith comp%. It's a huge blow to their offense losing your #1 wideout. I dont see him coming back from a blown achilles this season. Boldin was a nice pickup, but he's not the fast downfield threat Crabs was. Thus having Kaep run more to make up for that is a recipe for a RG3 blown knee in the NFL. Big risk.
I actually think Boldin is generally more talented than Crabtree but something has to be said for WRs making transitions to new teams and systems. Boldin certainly was more limited in Baltimore compared to Arizona and there is a long list of WR Free Agents and Trades that didn't work out. Its almost cliche for a WR pickup to bust. So while I think that there is a decent possibility that Boldin won't be a downgrade for the Niners, there is a really good possibility that there will be some growing pains.

Attractive and Rich

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle Seachickens...

All the hype, all the shit talk from Sherman and they dont make it, as a matter of fact, both ST.Loius and Arizona play better then them.....

What a joke. The team with the best offense AND the best defense in the league is going to miss the playoffs? YEAH right...... and the Cardinals and Rams of all teams will be ones to knock them out. Give me whatever you are on right now.

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say the Redskins. They went 10-6 with five of their wins coming from their division with a weak Eagles and Cowboys team. Not saying they will suck but I don't think they'll be as good as last year.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons not making the playoffs after this last season run.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a joke. The team with the best offense AND the best defense in the league is going to miss the playoffs? YEAH right...... and the Cardinals and Rams of all teams will be ones to knock them out. Give me whatever you are on right now.

I can see them possibly having the best defense this year but best offense? There are some pretty darn good ones out there that they have to compete with for both offense and defense. The odds of them having both is pretty unlikely.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seattle was 17th in total yards and 9th in points on offense. They were 4th in yards and 1st points on defense.

I could see the claim to best defense, but not the best offense. Very good and probably going to be better, but not best.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no real opinion on the Seahawks yet as a front runner. They are obviously a very solid and complete team. Unfortunately, my Colts play @SF and have the Seahawks at home. I will have a better read after they both play the same opponent.