• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ship Sticks

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get why anybody would use them.

More expensive than taking them on a plane and way slower. What a deal.

I priced out using them to take my clubs to my parents, and I would have had to ship them today to have them to play over the weekend. But I want to play tomorrow morning. One day was $139 each way.

If I worried about the airline damaging my clubs, I could purchase a new hard case every single time I flew and still end up paying less than Ship Sticks.

Anybody use them?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get why anybody would use them.

More expensive than taking them on a plane and way slower. What a deal.

I priced out using them to take my clubs to my parents, and I would have had to ship them today to have them to play over the weekend. But I want to play tomorrow morning. One day was $139 each way.

If I worried about the airline damaging my clubs, I could purchase a new hard case every single time I flew and still end up paying less than Ship Sticks.

Anybody use them?

Yes...several years ago, but it wasn't nearly as much as you were quoted...I paid like $100 round trip.

Still had them in my hard case...the good, no lugging them thru the airport, when I got to the course, my clubs were already there at the clubhouse.

The bad...there was really nowhere to store the hard case since we were playing several courses...end up in the trunk of a small rental...barely...and it took a lot longer to get them back home....I was home 4 or 5 days before they made it back.

For $280 round trip...no, I'd rather take them with me. With Delta and Southwest (the 2 carriers I fly the most) I get one check in free so I try to make sure I pack light enough for my carryon to work.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...several years ago, but it wasn't nearly as much as you were quoted...I paid like $100 round trip.

Still had them in my hard case...the good, no lugging them thru the airport, when I got to the course, my clubs were already there at the clubhouse.

The bad...there was really nowhere to store the hard case since we were playing several courses...end up in the trunk of a small rental...barely...and it took a lot longer to get them back home....I was home 4 or 5 days before they made it back.

For $280 round trip...no, I'd rather take them with me. With Delta and Southwest (the 2 carriers I fly the most) I get one check in free so I try to make sure I pack light enough for my carryon to work.

I have had a BagBoy travel case (soft) for years and have flown with it about a 1/2 dozen times. It is big enough to stuff most of the clothes I need for 4 or 5 days in with the clubs which makes for some good padding and the rest of my gear goes into a sweet backpack that I have.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have had a BagBoy travel case (soft) for years and have flown with it about a 1/2 dozen times. It is big enough to stuff most of the clothes I need for 4 or 5 days in with the clubs which makes for some good padding and the rest of my gear goes into a sweet backpack that I have.

I've had a hard case going on 10 yrs now...it's great for protection and it holds everything in the bag, but when it's full, it's full, no stuffing anything extra in there...lol.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had a hard case going on 10 yrs now...it's great for protection and it holds everything in the bag, but when it's full, it's full, no stuffing anything extra in there...lol.

You must have one of those ginormous Tour Bags. I like the small lightweight bags and even after I fill the large side pockets with socks, underwear and a shaving kit there is still plenty of room in the travel case for shorts, jeans, shirts etc.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must have one of those ginormous Tour Bags. I like the small lightweight bags and even after I fill the large side pockets with socks, underwear and a shaving kit there is still plenty of room in the travel case for shorts, jeans, shirts etc.

No...it's a regular stand bag...but the hard case is not one that can hold a Tour Bag...even some oversized cart bags I've had in the past it struggles to close if they're full to the max....essentially the hard case is designed to hold a stand bag...if I start jamming the side pockets, the hard case can be a challenge to close.

Ideally I'd like to get larger hard case or a club glove, but the hard case I have is in great shape. I've yet to run into a situation where I needed more than one checked bag.