• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shazam! 2: Fury of the Gods (2023)

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shazam! 2 will be the 13th 14th 12th film of the DC Extended Universe (DCEU), following Aquaman 2: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom Black Adam and preceding Aquaman 2: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom The Flash. The film's release date was announced today: Friday, April 1, 2022. Update: delayed 7 months as a chain reaction from other covid-related delays to Friday, November 4, 2022, and then delayed again to Friday, June 2, 2023, and then moved up to Friday, December 16, 2022, and then delayed again to Friday, March 17, 2023.

Zachary Levi will be returning as the lead.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Black Adam being Shazam’s main villain I hope we get an appearance from him in this film, you think with Shazam 1 and then Black Adam setting up that character they would face off in Shazam 2.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shazam! 2 postponed by 7 months to release on Friday, November 4, 2022 as a chain reaction from delays caused by the covid-19 pandemic. This means it has been rescheduled to come after instead of before The Flash.

Last edited:

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full title announced at DC FanDome: Fury of the Gods!

EgEDXJfUEAATkT3.jpg:small

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish it come out earlier

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Director's teaser:

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SDCC trailer:

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WB has announced that Shazam! 2 will be delayed to Friday, March 17, 2023.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New poster:

yz2cfw5i9ky91.jpg

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trailer 2:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder Woman comes back? Just saw a preview

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder Woman comes back? Just saw a preview

DC / WB are such a right-hand-doesn't-know-what-left-hand-is-doing trainwreck, holy shit. They can't get out of their own way. This is DC self-spoiling Doomsday in the final trailer for Batman v Superman all over again. It's just such a contrast to Disney/Marvel's tightly-controlled, disciplined, everything-by-design marketing campaigns.

So Shazam 2 has been doing horrible pre-release tracking numbers, among the worst if not the absolute worst of any DCEU film so far. The film is basically dead-on-arrival because its sort-of-spinoff Black Adam was a box office failure and the next film, The Flash, is going to be rebooting the universe for James Gunn's new universe.

Out of desperation to sell tickets, some WB marketing executive (in a desperation last-minute decision, as seen by how Wonder Woman had been carefully kept out of the earlier trailers and promos) got the bright idea to spoil Wonder Woman's appearance in the film in a television spot to try to get people to go see the movie. The director didn't want this and is pissed at marketing spoiling the appearance. And hey, now a major movie surprise is ruined for the audience. Way to go, WB!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC / WB are such a right-hand-doesn't-know-what-left-hand-is-doing trainwreck, holy shit. They can't get out of their own way. This is DC self-spoiling Doomsday in the final trailer for Batman v Superman all over again. It's just such a contrast to Disney/Marvel's tightly-controlled, disciplined, everything-by-design marketing campaigns.

So Shazam 2 has been doing horrible pre-release tracking numbers, among the worst if not the absolute worst of any DCEU film so far. The film is basically dead-on-arrival because its sort-of-spinoff Black Adam was a box office failure and the next film, The Flash, is going to be rebooting the universe for James Gunn's new universe.

Out of desperation to sell tickets, some WB marketing executive (in a desperation last-minute decision, as seen by how Wonder Woman had been carefully kept out of the earlier trailers and promos) got the bright idea to spoil Wonder Woman's appearance in the film in a television spot to try to get people to go see the movie. The director didn't want this and is pissed at marketing spoiling the appearance. And hey, now a major movie surprise is ruined for the audience. Way to go, WB!

So... I take it you are a fan of this movie

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still, it's a dead movie on a dead universe... and Gadot will not be Wonder Woman anymore.

Really, I don't see the point of this movie. They should have sold it to netflix or released directly on HBO.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, it's a dead movie on a dead universe... and Gadot will not be Wonder Woman anymore.

Really, I don't see the point of this movie. They should have sold it to netflix or released directly on HBO.
They had 3 movies (Flash, Shazam and Aquaman) in the can when they finally decided to bite the bullet and start fresh. Not a lot they could do at that point to try to salvage what was already done.

I am no DC apologist. I think the whole DCEU has been a complete shitshow from day 1. But they need a tab bit of leeway in the transition. The guy they have at the helm has a good track record. I will trust him until I am shown that I can’t trust him.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had 3 movies (Flash, Shazam and Aquaman) in the can when they finally decided to bite the bullet and start fresh. Not a lot they could do at that point to try to salvage what was already done.

I am no DC apologist. I think the whole DCEU has been a complete shitshow from day 1. But they need a tab bit of leeway in the transition. The guy they have at the helm has a good track record. I will trust him until I am shown that I can’t trust him.

Also Blue Beetle, which is so dead that nobody even remembers it.

I understand them needing to get some money from these movies. I liked Shazam 1 so I will be watching this one, but it seems like it will be a disaster at the BO.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Blue Beetle, which is so dead that nobody even remembers it.

I understand them needing to get some money from these movies. I liked Shazam 1 so I will be watching this one, but it seems like it will be a disaster at the BO.

Blue beetle hasn't come out yet...

and I am still confused... I saw no confirmation that it is a full reboot of DC universe... just batman and superman... I don't really think they need to start over everywhere...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How is it bad? After day 1 with all the clips of Superman having a cameo in Black Adam I guarantee got more people to go see it.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue beetle hasn't come out yet...

and I am still confused... I saw no confirmation that it is a full reboot of DC universe... just batman and superman... I don't really think they need to start over everywhere...

Well, Superman and Batman are by far the most important characters, and it seems like they will also recast Wonder Woman, but it seems like they will keep Peacemaker, and if The Flash does well, I wouldn't be surprised if they kept Ezra Miller.

In the end, it all depends on what's succesful, and the universe overall was a mess full of financial flops.