• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shaun Alexander

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched a new video that was posted on Youtube yesterday about Shaun Alexander. Man oh man it reminded me of how much I really loved watching that dude play. He had a 4 years span of scoring TD's that was better than any RB in NFL history. And I totally forgot that he once had 5 TD's in just the first half of a game! Insane.

And I loved this part of the video: ".....Shaun, his wife, and their TEN CHILDREN reside in rural Virginia...." Wow, good for you Shaun. I guess you never stopped scoring even after you retired.

Alexander video

If you're feeling nostalgic for that early 2000's Seahawk team this is a fun (short) video to watch.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never forget when he first came in for a injured Ricky Watters and just destroyed the other team.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the pride of Boone County High School. Man, that team was awesome back in those days.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alexander was great and produced like no other for some time. However he wouldn't have been as successful if not for by far the best offensive line that the Seahawks have ever put on the field. Jones-Hutch-Tobek-Gray were all there for the majority of Alexander's career, with Locklear probably being the best RT during that run. We've never had that continuity on the OL before or after.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched a new video that was posted on Youtube yesterday about Shaun Alexander. Man oh man it reminded me of how much I really loved watching that dude play. He had a 4 years span of scoring TD's that was better than any RB in NFL history. And I totally forgot that he once had 5 TD's in just the first half of a game! Insane.

And I loved this part of the video: ".....Shaun, his wife, and their TEN CHILDREN reside in rural Virginia...." Wow, good for you Shaun. I guess you never stopped scoring even after you retired.

Alexander video

If you're feeling nostalgic for that early 2000's Seahawk team this is a fun (short) video to watch.
Max strong made him. As soon as max was gone, alexander fell hard. Max was the best run blocking fullback ever imo.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alexander was great and produced like no other for some time. However he wouldn't have been as successful if not for by far the best offensive line that the Seahawks have ever put on the field. Jones-Hutch-Tobek-Gray were all there for the majority of Alexander's career, with Locklear probably being the best RT during that run. We've never had that continuity on the OL before or after.

Max strong made him. As soon as max was gone, alexander fell hard. Max was the best run blocking fullback ever imo.
Alexander did have a great supporting cast, but he was also an extremely skilled RB in his own right. He set national high school records and set college records at Alabama long before he got behind Mack Strong and that Hawk O-line.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alexander did have a great supporting cast, but he was also an extremely skilled RB in his own right. He set national high school records and set college records at Alabama long before he got behind Mack Strong and that Hawk O-line.
Well, no doubt he had skillz, lol. Please call him by his cyborg name....Max......Strong......beep.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many consecutive games with a 10+ yard carry?

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally true. It's just too bad that he didn't have a couple more quality years in him to get more HOF consideration. He was a touchdown machine though.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally true. It's just too bad that he didn't have a couple more quality years in him to get more HOF consideration. He was a touchdown machine though.
I guess, but the HOF is a bit of a mystery to me. It often seems like a popularity contest as much as anything to do with how impressive a player was. Look at Terrell Owens for example. His stats scream HOF but people didn't like him so he has to wait. I think there is some of that at play with Alexander too. He really got shit for his "stabbed in the back" comment and nobody ever forgot it. If you go on stats alone Alexander can make a solid case for the HOF. Alexander's numbers are better than some other players that are already in the HOF (Jim Taylor, Earl Campbell, Gale Sayers).

He at least compares with the averages of the greatest ever. And when it comes to TD's he set himself apart. He's 17th all time in TDs and there are only 8 other RB's ahead of him on that list.

Shaun Alexander0 SB1 AP3 PB7 yrs as starter70 career avg123 G96 GS2187 att9453 yds100 TD

Average HOF RB1 SB3 AP6 PB10 yrs as starter95 career avg151 G137 GS2552 Att10991 yds86 td

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaun was awesome. He got great blocking, had superb vision and shiftines, and had a nose for the end zone. Very fast decision making. The Minny game when he had 5 TDS( I think in the 1st half) and the game at Husky when he went off for 260+ against the Raiders. 2 of the greatest games by Seahawk RBs.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess, but the HOF is a bit of a mystery to me. It often seems like a popularity contest as much as anything to do with how impressive a player was. Look at Terrell Owens for example. His stats scream HOF but people didn't like him so he has to wait. I think there is some of that at play with Alexander too. He really got shit for his "stabbed in the back" comment and nobody ever forgot it. If you go on stats alone Alexander can make a solid case for the HOF. Alexander's numbers are better than some other players that are already in the HOF (Jim Taylor, Earl Campbell, Gale Sayers).

He at least compares with the averages of the greatest ever. And when it comes to TD's he set himself apart. He's 17th all time in TDs and there are only 8 other RB's ahead of him on that list.

Shaun Alexander0 SB1 AP3 PB7 yrs as starter70 career avg123 G96 GS2187 att9453 yds100 TD

Average HOF RB1 SB3 AP6 PB10 yrs as starter95 career avg151 G137 GS2552 Att10991 yds86 td

Most of the HOF is a popularity contest. Jeter 1 away from UNANIMOUS!? Give me a fuckin' break. He was a decent shortstop in terms of hitting but generally sub par defense. But it was the Yankees and he had some highlight plays and banged every supermodel in town without cheating on a wife... so YAH, GOTTA GET HIM IN.

Point being, if Jeter played for the Mariners and put up the same stats (no WS which is a TEAM win) he'd probably been a 3rd ballot. Likewise put Edgar on the Yankees and he'd been in years ago.

I know I'm talking baseball, but same thing with the Seahawks. The Seahawks were NOT a hot commodity during Shaun's years and EVERYONE LOVED Tomlinson and just attributed Shaun's stats to Walter Jones/Hutchinson. Didn't help that once Hutchinson left Shaun got injured and was never the same. So everyone just further said, "SEEE SEEE!"

snoopgoofdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact, Speed and offensive line were what made him. Not much power, When hutch left for Minnesota Alexander went to shit.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no doubt that SA was a soft runner but it was his ability to make quick decisions at the line that made him so productive... He was excellent between the tackles... He averaged 4.5 ypc running to the right side so it wasn't just Hutch/Jones that made him who was...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch some Highlight films from 2001-2003 and you see that Shaun was not a power runner but he had power and would break tackles often. Then Holmgren who even said this to the press. He didn't want Shaun fighting for that extra 1-2 yards because he was to important to the team. He said go out of bounds or go down so you can play for the long haul, Don't get hurt just trying to get 1 more yard as it's not worth it in the long run because that's when people get hurt.

This is when Shaun started to go down at first contact.

Matter of fact they use to always say " Power and speed" when talking about Shaun "pre 2004"

Last edited:

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network has an NFL Films Presents wirh him and Charissa Thompson. I watched it last night. The guy always had to wait in line but he was really down to earth. Real soft spoken but confident. A lot to like about Shaun but the injuries really cut his career too short. The dude was just a touchdown machine from the first tine he stepped on the field as a kid. 2005 is still one of the best years a RB ever had. Sadly ended in disappointment. Fun show to watch though.
I'm happy for him that he got out pretty healthy and is happy in his life.