• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't watched that yet. Nor did I see the Falcon & Winter Soldier show... Still on my watch list. Do you think watching the Eternals is essential to the MCU? Honestly doesn't look all that exciting to me.

Really lookin forward to seeing the new Spiderman.
I have some real structural issues with Eternals. The movie was entertaining enough (it has been panned by many as not being ”fun”, I don’t really agree with that), but the story was just too big to belong in the MCU as just a movie. It should be a complete stand along film that happens to be in the MCU, or it should have been a much larger story (Thanos-level story, meaning multiple phases).

It deals with the creation of reality itself and has god-level entities fighting each other. How can anything in the MCU ever compete with that scale of a story?

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,979.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1712192346-Who-is-Awkwafina-the-rapper-featured-in-the_hires.jpg

ataste.jpg

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcon/Winter Soldier really only deals with them coming to terms with their own identities. It doesn’t really do anything to move any other story forward.

Scarlet Witch and Loki both advanced the overall story, so they are both worthwhile watches as part of the bigger whole.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't watched that yet. Nor did I see the Falcon & Winter Soldier show... Still on my watch list. Do you think watching the Eternals is essential to the MCU? Honestly doesn't look all that exciting to me.

Really lookin forward to seeing the new Spiderman.

No, its not essential. You could easily just read a recap and be just fine. It's also not anything special (some cool visuals though) so you're not missing out on anything if you don't see it right away.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, its not essential. You could easily just read a recap and be just fine. It's also not anything special (some cool visuals though) so you're not missing out on anything if you don't see it right away.
It does introduce a new major character coming up. But that too can be read about or seen through spoilery recaps.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcon/Winter Soldier really only deals with them coming to terms with their own identities. It doesn’t really do anything to move any other story forward.

Scarlet Witch and Loki both advanced the overall story, so they are both worthwhile watches as part of the bigger whole.
WandaVision was good. Loki was fantastic.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawkeye's not bad

So far, Hawkeye is the best of the bunch, imho.
Hawkeye is good, but the heavy lifting is done by Renner. Steinfeld as Bishop is good & charming, but her character takes quite a leap of faith to believe in her abilities. Plenty of time left to build a better background though so we’ll see. The show’s story is cool though. Glad to see some light shed on the Ronin days.

Loki’s plot & story was way more compelling.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. The Loki plot was too fantastical for my tastes. I like the real, gritty depiction of “superhero stories” more than the complete letting loose of realism.