• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shanahan Not Impressed

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The WR's dropped way too many footballs that should have been catches. The rookies had some of the more important catches in the game a silver lining I guess. But Pettis has been a big let down so far. At the end of the day I expect Goodwin, Pettis, Samuels, and Hurd to be four of the WR on the roster. Bourne, Matthews, Taylor, and James would seem to be the four guys battling for maybe two spots.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The WR's dropped way too many footballs that should have been catches. The rookies had some of the more important catches in the game a silver lining I guess. But Pettis has been a big let down so far. At the end of the day I expect Goodwin, Pettis, Samuels, and Hurd to be four of the WR on the roster. Bourne, Matthews, Taylor, and James would seem to be the four guys battling for maybe two spots.
As pussified as that oft-injured group is, we better keep all the backups. Goodwin and Pettis for sure will be out by week 4.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As pussified as that oft-injured group is, we better keep all the backups. Goodwin and Pettis for sure will be out by week 4.

Well it's a roster numbers game they probably won't keep 8 WR 6 seems the most likely.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's a roster numbers game they probably won't keep 8 WR 6 seems the most likely.
Agreed. Adding Samuel and Hurd is going to cost two guys their jobs. I'd guess James and Bourne but I would not be sorry to see Pettis go in place of one of them. He just doesn't seem to get it.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Adding Samuel and Hurd is going to cost two guys their jobs. I'd guess James and Bourne but I would not be sorry to see Pettis go in place of one of them. He just doesn't seem to get it.

No he doesn't but being a 2nd round pick a year ago probably means he makes the roster as well. It might be a good thing to keep a guy like Matthews simply because he's a quality veteran and most of the WR are pretty young.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I'm guessing Taylor starts the year on the PUP list so they keep James, then Matthews and Bourne is the odd man out. Of course Matthews or James could be gone when Taylor comes back.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he doesn't but being a 2nd round pick a year ago probably means he makes the roster as well. It might be a good thing to keep a guy like Matthews simply because he's a quality veteran and most of the WR are pretty young.
Are you watching Hard Knocks now with the Raiders? Gruden doesn't give a shit what round you were drafted in or how much bonus money they owe ya. He'll cut your ass in a minute if you "don't get with the program". I like that. I wonder if most teams do that.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I'm guessing Taylor starts the year on the PUP list so they keep James, then Matthews and Bourne is the odd man out. Of course Matthews or James could be gone when Taylor comes back.
Could be since he has a mysterious foot injury.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you watching Hard Knocks now with the Raiders? Gruden doesn't give a shit what round you were drafted in or how much bonus money they owe ya. He'll cut your ass in a minute if you "don't get with the program". I like that. I wonder if most teams do that.

Well Thomas is still around so that leads me to believe Pettis will get the benefit of the doubt.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gruden is probably looking mostly at the former GMs draft picks. It is always easier to get rid of picks that were not yours. I think most GMs in the league give their high drafts more rope than late ones because they have more invested in those players and don't want to admit they screwed up.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden is probably looking mostly at the former GMs draft picks. It is always easier to get rid of picks that were not yours. I think most GMs in the league give their high drafts more rope than late ones because they have more invested in those players and don't want to admit they screwed up.
This was one of their #1 draft picks this year, Abrams. Dude got froggy when Gruden told him he wanted him to stop hitting people on the walkthrough. Gruden cussed him out and it shut the rook up quick.
Having said that, that dude looks like a player and Gruden wouldn't dare cut him.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was one of their #1 draft picks this year, Abrams. Dude got froggy when Gruden told him he wanted him to stop hitting people on the walkthrough. Gruden cussed him out and it shut the rook up quick.
Having said that, that dude looks like a player and Gruden wouldn't dare cut him.

The reason we are seeing stuff like this is with Gruden is because of Hard Knocks but I am sure this kind of stuff happens elsewhere but doesn't make the news.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason we are seeing stuff like this is with Gruden is because of Hard Knocks but I am sure this kind of stuff happens elsewhere but doesn't make the news.
Yeah, Gruden curses a lot. He needed to tone that down on TV I guess.