• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shame, Shame

67RedSox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see where that for the second time in a week another of Baseball's prospects has been charged with a driving offence. Last week it was the Yankees turn when one of their prospects was charged in Florida for speeding, and misdemeanour DUI. Yesterday it was the Dodger's turn when their guy, the $42M - Cuban, Yasiel Puig was charged. Apparently he has been charged with speeding ( 97 mph in a 50 mph zone ), reckless driving and driving without proof of insurance...and get this - he was the designated driver.
Also last week, Brewer starter, Yovani Gallardo was charged with DUI. he was almost three times over the limit at .22 vs .08. The sad part is under Wisconsin law a first offence is merely a citation...neither a misdemeanour nor felony.
MLB has to deal with this...but if they won't deal with PEDs you know they won't deal with this.

smf52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are not going to deal with this at all but certain clubs will depending upon their commitment to civic responsibility and moral behavior. As much as I complain about the Rockies front office, this is one area where I laud their quick response to this type of behavior and condemn it. I wish more clubs would do the same.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers say they will mete out punishment internally. This probably means there will be little consequence. I agree that players, in fact everyone, needs to obey the law. Players should be held accountable, but, as opined, I see little prospect of anything happening.

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puig's behavior is an embarrassment to the Dodgers organization and Dodgers fans. I guess that's what happens when you give a 22 year old $42 million and turn him loose in a free nation. Having raised 3 kids of my own, I know young people make mistakes. When you have that much money at your disposal and that much testosterone flowing, the potential consequences of those mistakes can be enormous. I ceretainly hope this is a one-time learning experience for Puig and he doesn't ruin his career before it is hardly started.