• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SF trade offer

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone offered me Zeke and Trubs for Barkley. One of my QBs is Mayfield (uggg). I'm thinking about accepting. Thoughts?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmm..tough..

I trust Zeke to play a full schedule..although I have my doubts as to his effectiveness. It won't be what it once was, but it can certainly be better than it has been given he's been hobbled much of the past year..active, but hobbled

I trust Barkely..well I don't trust Barkely, not to stay healthy, not to produce in that offense when he is healthy--side note, if you think there's a high likelihood he gets traded, and/or leaves rather than extending, and you wanna ride that out..that changes things.

Trubs as a starter ain't much better than Mayfield currently effectively unemployed so that's not really a consideration. But I'd take Zeke over Barkley today, tomorrow that could change

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmm..tough..

I trust Zeke to play a full schedule..although I have my doubts as to his effectiveness. It won't be what it once was, but it can certainly be better than it has been given he's been hobbled much of the past year..active, but hobbled

I trust Barkely..well I don't trust Barkely, not to stay healthy, not to produce in that offense when he is healthy--side note, if you think there's a high likelihood he gets traded, and/or leaves rather than extending, and you wanna ride that out..that changes things.

Trubs as a starter ain't much better than Mayfield currently effectively unemployed so that's not really a consideration. But I'd take Zeke over Barkley today, tomorrow that could change
Zeke is going to be 27 so he's not going to get better, but should at least be able to maintain decent stats for a bit, but IDK what a bit works out to. Barkley was a major disappointment last season, on a crappy team and with a bad OL it's not encouraging, but he'just turned 25 and is being shopped by the Giants ( doubt they find a trade partner though).
Trubs should end up starting for the Steelers for a season any how and I need help at QB as my QBs are RW, Mayfield ( who doesn't have a job), Keenum ( who doesn't have a job) Rudolph ( who is going to lose his opportunity to Trubs I think). Yeah I'm in deep trouble.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% zeke vs barkley for me. Whoever u like is what im taking, trubs doesnt move the needle for me, but its a nice toss in. Man, i wanna say barkley

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke is going to be 27 so he's not going to get better, but should at least be able to maintain decent stats for a bit, but IDK what a bit works out to. Barkley was a major disappointment last season, on a crappy team and with a bad OL it's not encouraging, but he'just turned 25 and is being shopped by the Giants ( doubt they find a trade partner though).
Trubs should end up starting for the Steelers for a season any how and I need help at QB as my QBs are RW, Mayfield ( who doesn't have a job), Keenum ( who doesn't have a job) Rudolph ( who is going to lose his opportunity to Trubs I think). Yeah I'm in deep trouble.
its a tough call for sure.

Barkley hasn't been "BARKLEY-esque" since Danny Dimes took over though. Even when healthy he wasn't what he was with even the rapidlky declining Eli. Unless he gets outta there, or they revamp the offense around him, with a better QB, I'm not too sure he can outperform Zeke, even a disappointing, but still solid Zeke.

Honestly close though, like splitting hairs close. I guess if I think I'm in a position to win a title, I'm going with Zeke, his situation for '22 is just better, and a better track record of availability. If I'm a year or two away, I likely ride out the Barkley saga and hope for a change one way or the other.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a tough call for sure.

Barkley hasn't been "BARKLEY-esque" since Danny Dimes took over though. Even when healthy he wasn't what he was with even the rapidlky declining Eli. Unless he gets outta there, or they revamp the offense around him, with a better QB, I'm not too sure he can outperform Zeke, even a disappointing, but still solid Zeke.

Honestly close though, like splitting hairs close. I guess if I think I'm in a position to win a title, I'm going with Zeke, his situation for '22 is just better, and a better track record of availability. If I'm a year or two away, I likely ride out the Barkley saga and hope for a change one way or the other.
Earlier I thought I was a contender but things have gone south so IDK. Chubb, Kamara, Barkley Jefferson, Waddle, Lockett Hockenson RW Mayfield. Man this is a tough call.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earlier I thought I was a contender but things have gone south so IDK. Chubb, Kamara, Barkley Jefferson, Waddle, Lockett Hockenson RW Mayfield. Man this is a tough call.
Got some roller coasters in there-
RW probably looking up..his coach will no longer demand to 'establish the run' every year, still has real good weapons, even if they aren't on par with DK.
you know I think the world of Chubb and his potential, which I personally believe will be slightly better with Watson and a true threat outside the numbers, and a QB who can and will utilize it.
dido on my thoughts about Jefferson..he's amazing

Waddle I'm neutral on, I think the pros and cons negate each other after the Hill acquisition

but then, Kamara..is he gonna be suspended, and if so, for how long?
Barkley we've covered
Locket, takes a massive downturn, even if they do acquire Mayfield or veteran QB X. Doesn't appear to be a rookie on the horizon that could step in and be better than Lock from jump..maybe, but nothing jumping off the page to feel great about.
And yeah, Mayfield..best case scenario for him is he lands in Seattle. He could start elsewhere, I'm sure he could beat out Marriota and Winston or Wentz, but outside of Houston, everyone else has already made that investment.

If the Kamara question works out for the best, or at least close to the best..maybe a light suspension 2-3 games, you are certainly a playoff contender imho

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone offered me Zeke and Trubs for Barkley. One of my QBs is Mayfield (uggg). I'm thinking about accepting. Thoughts?

I’d accept. Trubs might work out well. Then you made a steal. If not, even trade.

Remember, you can always work on moving Zeke for younger talent as the season goes.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm leaning to no. Don't think I'm going to be a contender either way and a younger Barkley has me leaning towards decline. Risky Barkley may not get back to his old self.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm leaning to no. Don't think I'm going to be a contender either way and a younger Barkley has me leaning towards decline. Risky Barkley may not get back to his old self.

I know you are not me. So you would never let this trade sit on your pending shelf. But this is a perfect trade to let sit. I would let the other owner know you need time to decide. But I’d wait for the standard barkley value spike. As it always spikes because he is barkley. People dream of the number one fantasy rb potential he has.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you are not me. So you would never let this trade sit on your pending shelf. But this is a perfect trade to let sit. I would let the other owner know you need time to decide. But I’d wait for the standard barkley value spike. As it always spikes because he is barkley. People dream of the number one fantasy rb potential he has.
I usually don't let offers sit, but I've let this sit for now.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would do the trade, but only if you can get Pollard also. With Zeke right now Pollard is a must have.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would do the trade, but only if you can get Pollard also. With Zeke right now Pollard is a must have.
He doesn't own Pollard and he just cancelled the offer, which takes the decision out of my hands and that's OK.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turns out another offer he had out was accepted. Zeke for Mitchell straight up. On my Zeke stock has dropped a lot.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow..I'm a firm believer in the Niners run game, but Mitchell didn't show me that much yet.
Yeah that was a deal for the owner dealing Mitchell, but you never know it could work out.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take that and run.
Barkley has not played a full season since his rookie year (2018).
That wouldn't be so bad, but 32 RB had more scrimmage yards than Barkley in 2021 (in 13 games).

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take that and run.
Barkley has not played a full season since his rookie year (2018).
That wouldn't be so bad, but 32 RB had more scrimmage yards than Barkley in 2021 (in 13 games).
Yeah maybe I should of, but I'm doubting Zeke future production. Barkley had a series of injuries in 2021, not a good sign I admit , but another year and only 25 I'm still hoping.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was curious if you even noticed my D2 offer, but after a month or more of pending, I withdrew.

Recent Adams and Hill moves certainly make me glad you let it ride. ;)