• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SF backfield or AJ Green?

??

• Breida and McKinnon

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • AJ Green

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I traded him in the one dynasty league I owned him. He’s a big ? mark. Waited long enough to get a decent return. IDK if I did the right thing though.
He'll be back on the block once he signs if you want him back! ;)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question is does it hurt or help his value
My opinion is that's entirely dependant on where he lands ..their coach, the system, the line..etc.
But, I think the price tag to get him was closer to worst case than best case, so, to me, the value couldn't slip too much, but yea, maybe a little

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be back on the block once he signs if you want him back! ;)

Don’t think I’ll be looking to get him back, he’s left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Could not believe he would pass up 15 million and sat out the whole year.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion is that's entirely dependant on where he lands ..their coach, the system, the line..etc.
But, I think the price tag to get him was closer to worst case than best case, so, to me, the value couldn't slip too much, but yea, maybe a little
Think you’re totally correct. Just being a pgh fan I don’t think ppl realize how few long runs bell breaks he sits behind the line squirming and the pops the hole, our line would block for along time for him, and knew his weird ass style. We have a top 3 line or had. He’s not gonna get that again

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how long before he signs? Could end up being a long wait, given what he thinks he’s worth.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how long before he signs? Could end up being a long wait, given what he thinks he’s worth.
Well the news that they won't tag him certainly helps, but could definitely take some time, I'm sure hell want to make the rounds and get schmoozed by as many teams as possible, soaking up as much glory as he can

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the news that they won't tag him certainly helps, but could definitely take some time, I'm sure hell want to make the rounds and get schmoozed by as many teams as possible, soaking up as much glory as he can
Enjoy. :rolleyes:

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not disputing the big money on RB vs super bowl history, but finding a Tom Brady is rare too. Those days of elite QB are dwindling. Teams will have to spend money other key positions to have a fighting chance IMO. If they can't be elite at QB they should be elite at another position.

My :2cents: on the subject
The Pats are actually one of the bigger spenders on RBs over the last couple years 15.2 million in 2017(4th in the league) and 13.5 million in 2018(4th). The Rams were 1st last year at 23.2 million. Average RB cash for the league was 7.9 million in 2017 and 7.1 million in 2018. RBs have shorter careers and are far less likely to get a 2nd or 3rd contract than other positions, but if you have a good one there's nothing wrong with paying him.

Mckinnion TD dependent 3rd down back that got a much bigger contract than he deserved, but someone will probably overvalue him based on the off season hype he was getting last year. Pretty sure he won't get cut until the 2020 off season his 2019 salary is fair.

Brieda I think he has a ton of upside like him a lot

Green Boom/Bust player that seems like he's constantly hurt and is on the downside of his career.

Bell My guess is he gets a smoke and mirrors contract(much like what the Steelers offered him last year) that is some thing like 5y 80 million with his salary becoming guaranteed at the start of each league year. Shefter and Rap will bill the contract as 50 million guaranteed, but in reality it'll be a 1 year contract with 4 years of team options.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the deal is done
Sent away McKinnon and Brieda for AJ Green and Duke Johnson
Overall happy, and cautiously optomistic

Thanks for everyone's thoughts and opinions, they did help

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some food for thought (unless I completely whiffed on my assessment of NFL contract details):

I think people are WAY overestimating the contract McKinnon signed last offseason.
11.7 of the 30 mil (only 18mil guaranteed) was already paid out last yr through signing bonus/contract, and it will only be a 6mil dead cap hit this yr if they cut him.

Seems like the perfect 'out clause' if they knew they'd be flush with cap space and that several decent RBs would be available in FA, or Shanahan can work the family magic on a 6th round pick in the draft.
either way, I view the SF RB situation as way too volatile in FEB '19 to take that gamble over a proven commodity that prob has a good 2-3 seasons left before he calls it quits in AJ Green.
I was about to post this. Although, I will take it a step further. With Bell sitting out a year and rumors of him being out of shape, why not keep McKinnon this year in case there is some rust. He held out most of the season before and put up duds in the first couple games. He's been out a year, so it may take him a little longer to get back to his old self. Next offseason, San Fran can cut McKinnon (or trade him if he has a good season) and only eat $2 million in dead space and save almost $7 million against the cap. If they wait until June 1 this year, I think they can still save around $5 million.

But, I think I go Green anyway. His floor is in Cincy and he may get blessed and get traded out of there if they go into a rebuild mode. He deserves to go to a contender. Imagine how his value goes up if he went to Green Bay or New Orleans or New England or something.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the deal is done
Sent away McKinnon and Brieda for AJ Green and Duke Johnson
Overall happy, and cautiously optomistic

Thanks for everyone's thoughts and opinions, they did help
And now you can just pickup whomever Shanahan actually goes with at RB.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now you can just pickup whomever Shanahan actually goes with at RB.
ha, not unless its someone currently not on their roster. Last I checked, not only was Wilson owned, but Mostert even too...pretty sure by the same dude I just traded Brieda and McKinnon to.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ha, not unless its someone currently not on their roster. Last I checked, not only was Wilson owned, but Mostert even too...pretty sure by the same dude I just traded Brieda and McKinnon to.
It'll be even funnier then when you start undrafted rookie alfred morris 2.0 against him.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rotoworld reporting the 49ers may be looking at Bell. You got out just in time.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rotoworld reporting the 49ers may be looking at Bell. You got out just in time.
Having just acquired Bell in that league, and after two years of holding onto/trading for guys like Joe Williams, Brieda, McKinnon, even McNichols, in a desperate attempt to have Shanny Jr.'s RB, nothing could make me happier

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having just acquired Bell in that league, and after two years of holding onto/trading for guys like Joe Williams, Brieda, McKinnon, even McNichols, in a desperate attempt to have Shanny Jr.'s RB, nothing could make me happier
Well if Bell ends up in SF, I'm calling it right now... Treff will win a fantasy title this year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if Bell ends up in SF, I'm calling it right now... Treff will win a fantasy title this year.

Bold ! You don't even know the rosters in the league where he has Bell.