• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

serrano-taylor

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, these women are badass.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was an awesome fight. :thumb:
it's a shame the judges scorecards aren't made public until the end of the fight.

compustat looks like total junk.

according to compustat, serrano threw @250 more punches, yet landed only 26 more.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's a shame the judges scorecards aren't made public until the end of the fight.

compustat looks like total junk.

according to compustat, serrano threw @250 more punches, yet landed only 26 more.
looking at the highlights I think Taylor should have won. ( a close fight) but figured they were gonna give the more aggressive fighter the victory. I dont give points to aggression when you are walking into punches. If Taylor would have been heavy handed Serrano may not have finished the fight.
Serrano did have the best round (completely one sided) which I think if you take that round away she finished with less landed. 1st three rounds & last three I would have given to Taylor. didnt really see any 4th round highlights. One of those middle rounds didnt look like either did anything. Would have been fine with that as a draw round. (I know they dont like that)

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looking at the highlights I think Taylor should have won. ( a close fight) but figured they were gonna give the more aggressive fighter the victory. I dont give points to aggression when you are walking into punches. If Taylor would have been heavy handed Serrano may not have finished the fight.
Serrano did have the best round (completely one sided) which I think if you take that round away she finished with less landed. 1st three rounds & last three I would have given to Taylor. didnt really see any 4th round highlights. One of those middle rounds didnt look like either did anything. Would have been fine with that as a draw round. (I know they dont like that)
serrano, the featherweight, walked taylor down the entire fight, and threw 250 more punches. serrano nearly put her away in the 5th, and in the 10th. taylor gets hit and knee buckles at the end of the 10th, and she clinches to stay up. all the judges gave the 10th to taylor. the 5th should have been a 10-8 round on all cards too. otherwise they gave every close round to taylor