• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sending a message to front office management

Bulldog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many baseball fans out there are sick and tired of having their teams know nothing front office management help screw up your team? It makes no difference whether they are small are large market teams front office management affects them all. They either claim they have no money for high priced players or if they have money they piss it away paying the wrong players. These front office people have these jobs because of nepotism, someone owes someone a favor or they're simply used to be's. They belong in their job as much a George W. Bush belonged being President.

It's the fans that have to suffer through one messed up season after another because of these clowns. It's time to send these people a clear cut message. I say string up a fewe of these guys from the flag or pennent poles around the leagues and let them flap in the breeze for awhile. The message will be clear, " we're mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore. " Of course, you all know I'm just joking but the thought of it does bring a smile to my face.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me :)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if their was a team ran by the fans, that would be worse because the majority of fans know even less than these terrible Front office... Look at the all star game... when was the last time that only people who deserves to make it on the team make the team??

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if their was a team ran by the fans, that would be worse because the majority of fans know even less than these terrible Front office... Look at the all star game... when was the last time that only people who deserves to make it on the team make the team??

While I agree with you here way more than not, the All Star game will always tend to have a clunker player or two, as long as the rule stands that each team HAS TO have a guy on the team each year.

I think that I would be happier if someone like Bill James picked guys for the teams, as he seems like the type that would only look at the numbers guys have for the current season, and maybe some or all of last season to find out who to pick, as opposed to letting guys in "legacy style" ( Looking at you Mr. Jeter ).

Bulldog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't want the fans to run the team. The message is get people who know what they're doing make baseball decisions. Stop the fraternizing, bring in people that can get the job done. Front office people and coaches should be held to the same criteria players are, " what have you done for me lately." If they're not productive they have to go.

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Braves are owned by a Media Group which is the worse thing possible b/c capitalism is more important than winning. The Braves were once 3rd in payroll and 2nd in attendance records, now we're middle of the road in those categories. This bunch took a once proud organization and turned it into a max profit medium of mediocrity. Whats the point of a great front office when you cant pay for enough talent to get out of the first round of the playoffs?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love my teams FO. I remember angels fans making fun of the rangers for "fiscal responsibility" this offseason. I kept telling them the rangers make smart moves and don't piss money away. Who's laughing right now?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Braves are owned by a Media Group which is the worse thing possible b/c capitalism is more important than winning. The Braves were once 3rd in payroll and 2nd in attendance records, now we're middle of the road in those categories. This bunch took a once proud organization and turned it into a max profit medium of mediocrity. Whats the point of a great front office when you cant pay for enough talent to get out of the first round of the playoffs?

The braves have a 90 million dollar payroll this year. The ranger went to the 2010 WS with a 56 million dollar payroll, and the 2011 WS with a 96 million dollar payroll. The nats had a 94 million dollar payroll last and the reds had an 84 million dollar payroll last year. So no, the braves aren't being cheap and it isn't any guaranteed championship to try to money whip your way to a World Series. That's why everyone is laughing at the angels, Yankees, and dodgers right now.

bravesfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The braves have a 90 million dollar payroll this year. The ranger went to the 2010 WS with a 56 million dollar payroll, and the 2011 WS with a 96 million dollar payroll. The nats had a 94 million dollar payroll last and the reds had an 84 million dollar payroll last year. So no, the braves aren't being cheap and it isn't any guaranteed championship to try to money whip your way to a World Series. That's why everyone is laughing at the angels, Yankees, and dodgers right now.

Braves are 17th in payroll, it's hard to win titles when half the league is investing more into their teams. You can win at a mid market payroll but it's a lot harder and the rangers still have 0 championships. And your precious rangers spent 120 mil. this year.....so much for continuing their frugal path!

Y! SPORTS

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braves are 17th in payroll, it's hard to win titles when half the league is investing more into their teams. You can win at a mid market payroll but it's a lot harder and the rangers still have 0 championships. And your precious rangers spent 120 mil. this year.....so much for continuing their frugal path!

Y! SPORTS

The rangers have only been a too tier team for a few years now. Yes their payroll is higher right now, but it will ebb an flow. Now do I expect it to ever get back down to 56 million again? No, but that doesn't change what happened. And the fact is There are teams who do very well around the braves current payroll. Trying to buy a championship usually just results in albatross contracts that handcuff the team after their 1-2 year window closes.

bravesfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rangers have only been a too tier team for a few years now. Yes their payroll is higher right now, but it will ebb an flow. Now do I expect it to ever get back down to 56 million again? No, but that doesn't change what happened. And the fact is There are teams who do very well around the braves current payroll. Trying to buy a championship usually just results in albatross contracts that handcuff the team after their 1-2 year window closes.

That's the thing!!!!

You guys expanded your payroll when you had to stay competitive. The rangers signed Darvish and locked Andrus up. The Braves are tied to a nonflexible budget, I cant tell you have many good players the braves let walk away over the past ten years.....Furcal, Schefield, Giles, Glavine, Drew, Tex, just to name a few. Our rotation can be build around Minor, Medlen, and Beachy....but they'll let two of them walk to free agency along with J Up and Simmons

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing!!!!

You guys expanded your payroll when you had to stay competitive. The rangers signed Darvish and locked Andrus up. The Braves are tied to a nonflexible budget, I cant tell you have many good players the braves let walk away over the past ten years.....Furcal, Schefield, Giles, Glavine, Drew, Tex, just to name a few. Our rotation can be build around Minor, Medlen, and Beachy....but they'll let two of them walk to free agency along with J Up and Simmons

Will be interesting to see but people were saying the sane thing when the rangers let Hamilton and Napoli go. That's working out well so far and Justin Upton has been a huge boost for you guys so that was a smart move. The bj Upton deal was fucking awful though.