• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sellers At The Deadline

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even being a Tigers fan, I want them to be sellers this year to rebuild their farm system and get younger, while hopefully shedding payroll as well. That being said, who are the realistic candidates to be dealt, should they become sellers? JD Martinez is obvious and maybe Justin Wilson, but who else?

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even being a Tigers fan, I want them to be sellers this year to rebuild their farm system and get younger, while hopefully shedding payroll as well. That being said, who are the realistic candidates to be dealt, should they become sellers? JD Martinez is obvious and maybe Justin Wilson, but who else?

You might have to eat some money, but no one should be safe (I do know there are no trade clauses). I like our players, so I hope they can go to the National League so that I could still root for them.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't be shedding a lot of payroll with J. Wilson ($2.7 million), and it would be stupid to give up one of our few reliable bullpen arms unless some other team makes us an absurdly good offer.

Besides J.D., I could see Kinsler going somewhere. The Tigers have a $12 million option on him for 2018. He still plays younger than his age, and could definitely help a contending team.

If Verlander puts together a few more good starts, the Tigers may get some nibbles on him. We'll never unload his full contract, but if some team would even take on half of it, the Tigers could benefit from the extra cash flow over the next two seasons.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't be shedding a lot of payroll with J. Wilson ($2.7 million), and it would be stupid to give up one of our few reliable bullpen arms unless some other team makes us an absurdly good offer.

I agree except that over the last year or so teams have paid a kings ransom for good relievers. So I'm thinking if he was available he could fetch a hefty return.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Besides J.D., I could see Kinsler going somewhere. The Tigers have a $12 million option on him for 2018. He still plays younger than his age, and could definitely help a contending team.

If Verlander puts together a few more good starts, the Tigers may get some nibbles on him. We'll never unload his full contract, but if some team would even take on half of it, the Tigers could benefit from the extra cash flow over the next two seasons.

That could be part of a package deal.

I also think that Fulmer, Norris and Boyd (even though Boyd sucked so far this year) are kinda untouchable.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD
Kinsler
The Wilsons
Maybe Shane Greene
Avila
Iggy
Upton, if he'd agree to something crazy with his contract. Which won't happen.

Not going to get value from the big price tag guys. You'd have to give them away.

KRod might get cut before he can regain the next to no value he had.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romine wouldn't bring much but he'd help a lot if teams.

I'd love if someone wanted Castellanos. But they won't.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upton, if he'd agree to something crazy with his contract. Which won't happen.

Upton has the option to pursue free agency again after this season, but he'd have to have a monster year to get more money than the Tigers are paying him now. Sucks, but it appears we are stuck with him and Zimmermann for the duration of their contracts.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upton has the option to pursue free agency again after this season, but he'd have to have a monster year to get more money than the Tigers are paying him now. Sucks, but it appears we are stuck with him and Zimmermann for the duration of their contracts.
Yep.

Three more years. Could be worse. He's good.

dengel6

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who signed all these losers to such idiotic contracts? Mr. I??????????:L