• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seguin sent packing

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just might score that much now that he's in his natural position (center) in the wide-open Western Conference. I suspect he'll succeed in Dallas, if he gets serious and focused back on his game. He just wasnt worth the 5.75 mil a year in salary to keep him around.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a surprise we ship away another one of our stars. first thorton, then kessel, now seguin. watch him score 40 goals a season for a decade. whose next? my money is on krug being a penguin next year.

Not to argue but have Thorton or Kessel hoisted a cup??

Now that the B's landed Iggy I am happier.

Krejci - Iggy - Lucic

Bergy - Marchand - Eriksson

Pretty potent 1 and 2nd line combo

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a surprise we ship away another one of our stars. first thorton, then kessel, now seguin. watch him score 40 goals a season for a decade. whose next? my money is on krug being a penguin next year.

Exactly. I understand they needed to get the Bergeron and Rask deals done but maybe they could have done some creative math. I guess we refuse to learn from history.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to argue but have Thorton or Kessel hoisted a cup??

Now that the B's landed Iggy I am happier.

Krejci - Iggy - Lucic

Bergy - Marchand - Eriksson

Pretty potent 1 and 2nd line combo

no but they have proven to be studs after the trade i dont see anything different with seguin he will go on to be a stud. thornton had like 6 consecutive 90+ point seasons after the trade. kessel is a dangerous scorer. plus these guys are franchise type players and the fans like them, it would be like ovechkin getting traded or crosby. almost the faces of the franchise i believe seguin would have grown into that.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I understand they needed to get the Bergeron and Rask deals done but maybe they could have done some creative math. I guess we refuse to learn from history.

i would have dealt 31 year old sidenberg and his -10,000 playoff +/- and let the young defensmen krug and hamilton take over and start, use sidenberg 3+ mill cap for some more offense. trading away a 21 future face of the franchise is stupid. oh well.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no but they have proven to be studs after the trade i dont see anything different with seguin he will go on to be a stud. thornton had like 6 consecutive 90+ point seasons after the trade. kessel is a dangerous scorer. plus these guys are franchise type players and the fans like them, it would be like ovechkin getting traded or crosby. almost the faces of the franchise i believe seguin would have grown into that.

I should have stated in my reply that I hated the Thornton trade. I always liked him as a player. Still do.

Seguin who knows. I feel ya though he may be a huge stud at some point.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briz ... u really need to wake up and smell the coffee burning. Seids is a GREAT D-man who is worth every $$$ he is paid.

:L

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briz ... u really need to wake up and smell the coffee burning. Seids is a GREAT D-man who is worth every $$$ he is paid.

:L

he is a good technical player but i dont like his game. gives up too much ice and lets plays develop, puts too much pressure on the goalie to make saves. theres no excuse for his +/- in the playoffs, he simply got schooled. its not acceptable to me, defense is supposed to be our bread and butter and he is a weak link in my eyes. id rather have krug starting with chara without question, and if thats the case then i dont see the point paying sidenberg the money hes getting. go chara, krug line 1 and boychuck hamilton line 2. coulda used sidenberg cap to bring some guys in and not have to ship seguin out.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can get on board with Briz on this one. Seids has slowed down. Now I am not aware of any injury reports after the SCF involving him but to say that he was less then great is a stretch

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would have dealt 31 year old sidenberg and his -10,000 playoff +/- and let the young defensmen krug and hamilton take over and start, use sidenberg 3+ mill cap for some more offense. trading away a 21 future face of the franchise is stupid. oh well.

Ummmm ... Seids had a +1 rating in playoffs. You are wrong, as usual, Briz ... just as on the ESPN boards. You are always shooting your mouth off w/o doing any research. Not to stir anything up with you, but cmon man, dont come over here and start making yourself look silly all over again. Seids is still considered one or our top 3 D-men and is worth the 3 million for a quality D-man ... get off his nads for crying out loud. Chara folded alot during the end of the playoffs, also ... I think both of them were just way fatigued with a condensed season and alot TOI in the playoffs. Should we trade aging Chara, also? Jus sayin.

I agree thought that Krug, Barkowski and Hamilton should see some more ice time next year ... they are certainly some good looking young D-men ... no doubt about that from I've seen so far, but they should be brought along easily and not rushed into a lineup, unless needed, like they were last year with all of the starters getting injured. I was particularly impressed with Krug ... wow.

GOOOO B's!!!!!

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmm ... Seids had a +1 rating in playoffs. You are wrong, as usual, Briz ... just as on the ESPN boards. You are always shooting your mouth off w/o doing any research. Not to stir anything up with you, but cmon man, dont come over here and start making yourself look silly all over again. Seids is still considered one or our top 3 D-men and is worth the 3 million for a quality D-man ... get off his nads for crying out loud. Chara folded alot during the end of the playoffs, also ... I think both of them were just way fatigued with a condensed season and alot TOI in the playoffs. Should we trade aging Chara, also? Jus sayin.

I agree thought that Krug, Barkowski and Hamilton should see some more ice time next year ... they are certainly some good looking young D-men ... no doubt about that from I've seen so far, but they should be brought along easily and not rushed into a lineup, unless needed, like they were last year with all of the starters getting injured. I was particularly impressed with Krug ... wow.

GOOOO B's!!!!!

craig sides +/- was pretty much the worst on the whole team outside seguin and jagr or something. he was the worst defensman. chara was legitametly injured according to the coach.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoffs +/-

Horton 20
Krejci 13
Lucic 12
McQuaid 9
Chara 7
Campbell 7
Krug 5
Marchand 4
Paille 4
Boychuk 4
Thornton 3
Bergeron 2
Redden 2
Ference 2
Seidenberg 1
Jagr -1
Seguin -2
Kelly -7
Peverley -8

we lost the stanley cup because of Seidenburg and Seguin and Jagr didnt score. :gaah: Jagr is old as dirt he gets a pass plus out top lines like lucic, horton, krejci all came through. Seguin gets a pass because hes a young 21 year old just coming into his prime. Seidenburg does not get a pass from me!

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoffs +/-

Horton 20
Krejci 13
Lucic 12
McQuaid 9
Chara 7
Campbell 7
Krug 5
Marchand 4
Paille 4
Boychuk 4
Thornton 3
Bergeron 2
Redden 2
Ference 2
Seidenberg 1
Jagr -1
Seguin -2
Kelly -7
Peverley -8

we lost the stanley cup because of Seidenburg and Seguin and Jagr didnt score. :gaah: Jagr is old as dirt he gets a pass plus out top lines like lucic, horton, krejci all came through. Seguin gets a pass because hes a young 21 year old just coming into his prime. Seidenburg does not get a pass from me!

Wow ok ... that +1 in the playoffs and, btw, +18 during the regular season for Seids is a far cry from the -10000 you insinuated he had in your original post. Glad to see you finally did some research by checking the stats that time. Soooo ... again, should we trade 36 year old Chara (due 8 million next year who had a +14 during season) along with Seids (due 3.5 millions next year) ? ? ? ?

You blaming 3 players like Seids, Sequin and Jagr for losing the Cup is just plain ridiculous. It was a team failure ... not JUST THOSE THREE. Alot of people share the blame for folding at the end and that includes Chara. Our D-men were gassed with the stress, fatigue and TOI during the playoffs. It wasn't just those three that you claim. :L

Last edited by a moderator:

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow ok ... that +1 in the playoffs and, btw, +18 during the regular season for Seids is a far cry from the -10000 you insinuated he had in your original post. Glad to see you finally did some research by checking the stats that time. Soooo ... again, should we trade 36 year old Chara (due 8 million next year who had a +14 during season) along with Seids (due 3.5 millions next year) ? ? ? ?

You blaming 3 players like Seids, Sequin and Jagr for losing the Cup is just plain ridiculous. It was a team failure ... not JUST THOSE THREE. Alot of people share the blame for folding at the end and that includes Chara. Our D-men were gassed with the stress, fatigue and TOI during the playoffs. It wasn't just those three that you claim. :L

maybe if they play better the whole playoffs they wouldnt be tired at the end. letting toronto and such go to 7 games etc. these guys produce like they should have we have enough energy to win the cup. everyone else did their job these guys let us down.