• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

sec east??? off-year ... or???

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh please. You tried some basic level trolling and failed miserably.

Florida grew rapidly after the advent of affordable air conditioning. People from Ohio or not, it was always going to grow rapidly once air conditioning became affordable.
Let me repost since you didnt seem to comprehend the first time.

"By the way, those "Ohio people" and others like them are the reason most in FL have jobs. You are welcome."

WPS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC East did have a winning record this past season against the SEC West.
First time in a very long time....and to all you East guys....you’re welcome! Couldn’t have happened without us

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me repost since you didnt seem to comprehend the first time.

"By the way, those "Ohio people" and others like them are the reason most in FL have jobs. You are welcome."

You trying to claim credit for "Ohio people" for the entire population growth of the state post WWII?

JayVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You trying to claim credit for "Ohio people" for the entire population growth of the state post WWII?
Yankees are gross. They should take their pasty skin and insufferable accents north instead.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you joking? Every advantage you claim a visiting team gains by not having to travel far is also gained by fsu the very next year. How is it you don’t get that? Why do you cling to the notion that it’s great advantage for only one program in a home and home contract with a nearby school?

You are arguing a completely different thing than I am, AGAIN.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How am I misrepresenting? I literally showed you what opponent inwhat year and what their ranking was. I didn’t make up anything. I showed you the bare facts.

Once again, distance does not matter. It isn’t counted in any SOS formula. It isn’t counted by the selection committee. Any advantage gained by UF in one year due to fsu being close is gained by fsu the next year due to UF being close.

It’s not my fault you are fixating on something none of the selectors value AND somehow think only UF benefits from a home and home contract with a nearby rival.

Setting up some impossible standard nobody lives up to rather than comparing UF’s OOC schedule to every other program in order to claim that UF’s OOC schedule is bad is the real epitome of wrong.

You are not giving the full facts. There is a huge difference from playing someone 2 driving hours away in a home and home and playing someone 6 flying hours away across the country.

Distance does matter, it’s not my fault you don’t understand this because your team doesn’t travel outside the state of Florida for an OOC game.

Calling an OOC schedule good when the best they can do is 1 good team out of 4 or 25% of their OOC schedule is an absolute joke. Once again it’s not shocking you don’t realize this.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Travel does not matter. No SOS formula counts it not does the selection committee.

Trying to claim that advantage only works one way, only works to the benefit of one school in a HOME AND HOME CONTRACT is......absurd, nonsensical, surreal, etc.

Travel does matter. It absolutely can effect if a team Wins or not. An the difficulty in winning.

An again you are arguing something completely different which is absurd, nonsensical and not really surreal because you are a Florida fan and traveling OOC is something you probably don’t understand.

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can talk SOS, or how many great team you play in the last 25 years ….

The facts, stats, and results remain the same … 3 Big12 teams played 3 sec east teams and the sec team lost … years from now you may look it up … it remains the same...

Last edited:

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that 90 billion in tourism dollars does nothing for the job market.

Once again you seem to like to cherry pick rather reading a whole statement. Reading is fundamental

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees are gross. They should take their pasty skin and insufferable accents north instead.
Without their dollars you would new unemployed in your trailer park. You are welcome.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are arguing a completely different thing than I am, AGAIN.

How so? We are discussing whether its an advantage to play HOME AND HOME vs a nearby opponent rather than one that is far away.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are not giving the full facts. There is a huge difference from playing someone 2 driving hours away in a home and home and playing someone 6 flying hours away across the country.

Distance does matter, it’s not my fault you don’t understand this because your team doesn’t travel outside the state of Florida for an OOC game.

Calling an OOC schedule good when the best they can do is 1 good team out of 4 or 25% of their OOC schedule is an absolute joke. Once again it’s not shocking you don’t realize this.

*sigh*

OK. Let's go over this again. You obviously don't understand.

Let's say UF plays fsu and Texas plays UCLA.

Year 1. Huge advantage for UF. They only have to travel 2 hours to play in Tally while Texas has to board a plane and travel a few more hours to fly out to LA. Different time zone too. They are therefore more tired so they're at a big disadvantage relative to UF when playing at that away stadium.

Year 2. Huge advantage for Texas. UCLA has to board a plane and travel a few more hours to fly all the way out to Austin. Different time zone too. They are therefore more tired so they are at a big disadvantage relative to fsu when playing at that away stadium.

Get it yet? Home and home. Whatever advantage one team gets one year their opponent gets the second year. Thus it does not matter. It balances out over a 2 year cycle. That's even if we were to buy the notion that air miles matter which I think is way overblown.

Do you think the advantage only goes to the team which plays a nearby opponent home and home? Have you forgotten that their opponent gets that very same advantage the next year since they too are nearby?

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Travel does matter. It absolutely can effect if a team Wins or not. An the difficulty in winning.

An again you are arguing something completely different which is absurd, nonsensical and not really surreal because you are a Florida fan and traveling OOC is something you probably don’t understand.

You are arguing that a difference of an hour or two in travel time is a big deal (which I don't agree with). Yet you completely refuse to grasp that their opponent then gets that very same advantage the next year.....since they too are nearby. That's why I keep emphasizing home and home. It balances out. How is it you cannot see that fsu gets an advantage over a normal traveling team because they are only 2 hours from Gainesville?

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that 90 billion in tourism dollars does nothing for the job market.

Once again you seem to like to cherry pick rather reading a whole statement. Reading is fundamental

You think all the tourists are from Ohio? Tourism has long been one of the 2 biggest industries in the state. Given its warm tropical beaches, that was always going to be the case.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think all the tourists are from Ohio? Tourism has long been one of the 2 biggest industries in the state. Given its warm tropical beaches, that was always going to be the case.
You do have problems reading comprehension. I never said all tourist are from Ohio How did you get that in your little head?

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do have problems reading comprehension. I never said all tourist are from Ohio How did you get that in your little head?

LOL! You sure do like to imply things......then insist on being taken absolutely literally when questioned on any of it.

OK, I can play this game too. Show me where I said you said that. I only asked if you said that. Reading comprehension is fundamental.

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC East did have a winning record this past season against the SEC West.

Providing more proof the sec conference as a whole sucks this year ...

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! You sure do like to imply things......then insist on being taken absolutely literally when questioned on any of it.

OK, I can play this game too. Show me where I said you said that. I only asked if you said that. Reading comprehension is fundamental.
You think just because you have sex with men only standing up you are not gay? See how stating something like that is leading and implies that you made that statement? Reading comprehension is fundamental.