• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

sec east??? off-year ... or???

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell the other gator fan to Quit trying to tell us how great Florida’s OOC is and how you’ve played more ranked OOC games than almost anyone because you have the benefit a decent rival 2 hours away. Literally you guys don’t travel at all for OOC, you haven’t in the last 20 years. That’s fine but it doesn’t make UFs OOC great.

The "benefit" of a tough rival? uhh we have to actually play them. That's not a "benefit" when they are good which they usually are. It means our OOC schedule is tougher. If we had a weaker rival like say, Pitt, we'd have faced far fewer ranked OOC opponents.

Traveling does not matter and is not an advantage net-net on a home and home contract. Any advantage we gain by not traveling far to play in Tally, fsu gets an equal advantage right back the next year by not traveling far to play in Gainesville.

MKrip

Where's my retard cat?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC East did have a winning record this past season against the SEC West.

LSU02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably pissing and moaning?:noidea:...kind of like when I go take a leak.
You should get that fixed....
HD_6439.jpg

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Distance does not matter and is not an advantage for anybody on a 2 year home and home contract - stop acting like it is some kind of advantage.

We have played well over 3 P5 teams OOC in the last 20 years. Each program fields a different team each year. How is it you fail to understand this? We've played more final ranked OOC opponents than all but a handful of other schools in the country - most definitely including yours and Texas. Stop pretending that quality opponents is not what matters - that's the only thing the selection committee or various SOS formulas take into account.

Are joking? It’s an absolute advantage when one team has to go across the country while the other team has a 2 hour drive. Stop making different comparisons. We are comparing Florida’s OOC schedule to anyone that actually travels for OOC game. Not the team playing Florida.

Please stop pretending it’s some great feat for UF to travel two hours down the road every other year. That is a huge advantage to playing home and home in different time zones.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't get the right to count the ranked opponents we play?

Air miles do not matter. Time Zones do not matter. State lines do not matter. Why is it you cannot seem to understand that nobody who matters ie those who make strength of schedule formulas or those who sit on the selection committee gives the slightest shit about those things?

Oh and trying to compare UF's OOC schedule to some mythical OOC schedule in which a program schedules 4 tough OOC games.....which nobody does....is simply ridiculous. We can only compare one program's OOC schedules to others OOC schedules. By that measure, UF plays more ranked OOC opponents than all but a handful of other programs in the country.

Oh and its 4 games vs miami and one vs Michigan with another scheduled against miami next season in 20 years.....so 6 times playing a second OOC heavyweight in that timeframe.

You are misrepresenting counting your ranked opponent. It’s literally two hours down the road. An that’s usually all ya play non conference.

Travel does matter. It’s not my fault you are refusing to see the disadvantages teams have OOC compared to Florida’s.

No one is saying you must schedule 4 heavyweights. But calling your OOC good when 75% is shit and the other 25% is against a rival 2 hours down the road is the epitome of wrong.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "benefit" of a tough rival? uhh we have to actually play them. That's not a "benefit" when they are good which they usually are. It means our OOC schedule is tougher. If we had a weaker rival like say, Pitt, we'd have faced far fewer ranked OOC opponents.

Traveling does not matter and is not an advantage net-net on a home and home contract. Any advantage we gain by not traveling far to play in Tally, fsu gets an equal advantage right back the next year by not traveling far to play in Gainesville.

Traveling does matter. It can be the difference between winning and losing. Again you should be comparing UF and FSU, you should be comparing UF to a team like Texas that actually travels across the country. You seem to want to get away from that.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just endured an endless sea of Ohio people everywhere I went today...especially dinner tonight on Ft Myers Beach. Why would we go anywhere when everywhere else is here already?

That said, if OSUx wanted to play Florida, you just KNOW our AD would jump at the chance anytime!
So nobody. Just say nobody.

By the way, those "Ohio people" and others like them are the reason most in FL have jobs. You are welcome.

WPS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the SEC will end up with 4 teams in the top 10 in the final poll.....2 from the West, and 2 of the East. I don’t think the descrepency is all that great.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this new poster is fishing with some solid bait. I don't know if the SEC east is good or bad, I just know Texas is better than Georgia.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are joking? It’s an absolute advantage when one team has to go across the country while the other team has a 2 hour drive. Stop making different comparisons. We are comparing Florida’s OOC schedule to anyone that actually travels for OOC game. Not the team playing Florida.

Please stop pretending it’s some great feat for UF to travel two hours down the road every other year. That is a huge advantage to playing home and home in different time zones.

Are you joking? Every advantage you claim a visiting team gains by not having to travel far is also gained by fsu the very next year. How is it you don’t get that? Why do you cling to the notion that it’s great advantage for only one program in a home and home contract with a nearby school?

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are misrepresenting counting your ranked opponent. It’s literally two hours down the road. An that’s usually all ya play non conference.

Travel does matter. It’s not my fault you are refusing to see the disadvantages teams have OOC compared to Florida’s.

No one is saying you must schedule 4 heavyweights. But calling your OOC good when 75% is shit and the other 25% is against a rival 2 hours down the road is the epitome of wrong.

How am I misrepresenting? I literally showed you what opponent inwhat year and what their ranking was. I didn’t make up anything. I showed you the bare facts.

Once again, distance does not matter. It isn’t counted in any SOS formula. It isn’t counted by the selection committee. Any advantage gained by UF in one year due to fsu being close is gained by fsu the next year due to UF being close.

It’s not my fault you are fixating on something none of the selectors value AND somehow think only UF benefits from a home and home contract with a nearby rival.

Setting up some impossible standard nobody lives up to rather than comparing UF’s OOC schedule to every other program in order to claim that UF’s OOC schedule is bad is the real epitome of wrong.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Traveling does matter. It can be the difference between winning and losing. Again you should be comparing UF and FSU, you should be comparing UF to a team like Texas that actually travels across the country. You seem to want to get away from that.

Travel does not matter. No SOS formula counts it not does the selection committee.

Trying to claim that advantage only works one way, only works to the benefit of one school in a HOME AND HOME CONTRACT is......absurd, nonsensical, surreal, etc.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By the way, those "Ohio people" and others like them are the reason most in FL have jobs. You are welcome.

LOL Good thing Ohio people move to Florida or there’d be no jobs there.

Seems legit. :lol:

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's strange. Everyone had a job in the mid 80s when Sw FL was 50k people...and was paradise. Now it's a million people and kinda' sucks.

All the Ohio peeps are the reason we have trailer parks, not jobs.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's strange. Everyone had a job in the mid 80s when Sw FL was 50k people...and was paradise. Now it's a million people and kinda' sucks.

All the Ohio peeps are the reason we have trailer parks, not jobs.
Wait so you are saying without people from Ohio the population in FL would be the same as the 80's?
Traiper parks are for the locals. Those from up north sell their expensive houses, but cheaper houses in FL and live off the rest of their profit.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Good thing Ohio people move to Florida or there’d be no jobs there.

Seems legit. :lol:
I didn't say move. Reading is fundamental.

As far as those that do move they bring a great deal of money to the state which creates jobs.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think each case is different but I think the Big 12 as a whole probably had better coaching than the SEC East and that has probably been true for years now.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say move. Reading is fundamental.

As far as those that do move they bring a great deal of money to the state which creates jobs.

Oh please. You tried some basic level trolling and failed miserably.

Florida grew rapidly after the advent of affordable air conditioning. People from Ohio or not, it was always going to grow rapidly once air conditioning became affordable.