• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Vs White Sox Series

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Katz turn White Sox pitching monsters into Frankenstein's? Stay tuned.

I had forgotten somehow - what jolt of energy Tim Anderson brings to this team. The last game of the Tiger series certainly showed that. During the radio broadcast DJ pointed out (from my memory) - that since 2019 - the Sox are 87-48 in wins when Anderson get one hit - if Anderson gets two or more hits the Sox go 58-14.

The are showing some depth on the field.

Go Sox!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Katz turn White Sox pitching monsters into Frankenstein's? Stay tuned.

I had forgotten somehow - what jolt of energy Tim Anderson brings to this team. The last game of the Tiger series certainly showed that. During the radio broadcast DJ pointed out (from my memory) - that since 2019 - the Sox are 87-48 in wins when Anderson get one hit - if Anderson gets two or more hits the Sox go 58-14.

The are showing some depth on the field.

Go Sox!
I still go with the old cliches of Abreu being the heart and soul of the team, but Timmay is the straw that stirs the drink. It's hard to imagine the Sox going anywhere deep into the playoffs without him in the lineup.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox better beat Seattle with a pillowcase full of batteries in this series. Seriously.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Important win today as tomorrow could be tough vs Robbie Ray. Ray is inconsistent, but when his command is on he is just about unhittable.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, very interested in seeing how Kuechel looks tomorrow. I am not getting my hopes up. However, I think there's a chance he can have a bounce back season similar to his 2017 after falling off of a cliff in 2016 following his Cy Young.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time he slides head first into a base I cringe thinking the worst. We need to wrap him in bubble wrap.
I have no problem with the head first slide unless it's at home on a close play. It gets you faster to the bag and some guys know how to do it without hurting themselves. You can hurt yourself on a feet first slide as well. Although, it is less prevalent, obviously.

Where I get nervous is these guys playing in a small ball park and constantly playing fly balls near the wall. It seems like how our guys get hurt a lot. With Eloy, forget it. I don't even want him going 100% for a ball at this point unless it's a big out in the 9th or in October.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with the head first slide unless it's at home on a close play. It gets you faster to the bag and some guys know how to do it without hurting themselves. You can hurt yourself on a feet first slide as well. Although, it is less prevalent, obviously.

Where I get nervous is these guys playing in a small ball park and constantly playing fly balls near the wall. It seems like how our guys get hurt a lot. With Eloy, forget it. I don't even want him going 100% for a ball at this point unless it's a big out in the 9th or in October.
I feel like the head first slide into first is still pretty taboo.

Speaking of Eloy, after the game, Ozzie said Eloy weighed 300 lbs, which is hilarious.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the head first slide into first is still pretty taboo.

Speaking of Eloy, after the game, Ozzie said Eloy weighed 300 lbs, which is hilarious.
I wasn't even thinking about the head first slide into first. As it's just the dumbest thing ever. Only reason I've ever seen is if the first baseman has to come off of the base and try to tag. Then, I suppose I understand sliding under it. When people just dive head first to beat the throw, though? That's wildly stupid. It slows you down.

Yeah, only about 60 pounds off. lol. That's a very Ozzie thing to say, though. Not shocked.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the headfirst slide allows Robert evade the tag and touch the base. Robert wears a giant protector pad on his base touching hand - so the slide is intentional. Just don't start the slide 45 feet out and belly flop his chest on the ground.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the headfirst slide allows Robert evade the tag and touch the base. Robert wears a giant protector pad on his base touching hand - so the slide is intentional. Just don't start the slide 45 feet out and belly flop his chest on the ground.
It's also proven to get you faster to the bag. All around, the headfirst slide is better. The invention of the sliding mitt makes it a lot safer as well.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there was a game last year - the White Sox would have won like they did yesterday. The Sox won on a manufactured run.

Too bad Eloy has to beat out the fielder's choice rather than hit a sac fly. Eloy hit groundballs all last season - too - there must be a reason for it. I just disagree with it as a strategy.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to think Keuchel can regain his form, but it seems to me the White Sox don't think so based on where he is in the rotation.

Still his problems last year weren't spin rate or velocity - it was control - that would seem to be something that can be fixed or found again.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greetings from Memphis TN, home of BB King and THE King. It's the last of our multi-day stops as we make our way back to Sin City. We arrived about an hour before a torrential rainstorm hit, which is still going strong. Looks like no Beale St for us tonite. Interestingly enough, our hotel room directly faces the Redbirds stadium across the street. They're the AAA team for the Cards.

I'm guessing with this humongoid storm here in Memphis, the Sox game might get rained out, altho I haven't seen or read anything to confirm or contradict this.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to think Keuchel can regain his form, but it seems to me the White Sox don't think so based on where he is in the rotation.

Still his problems last year weren't spin rate or velocity - it was control - that would seem to be something that can be fixed or found again.
I mean, you're not going to promote him in the rotation until he proves that he deserves it. I don't think it's from a lack of belief that he can. As much as it is that he simply hasn't done it yet.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greetings from Memphis TN, home of BB King and THE King. It's the last of our multi-day stops as we make our way back to Sin City. We arrived about an hour before a torrential rainstorm hit, which is still going strong. Looks like no Beale St for us tonite. Interestingly enough, our hotel room directly faces the Redbirds stadium across the street. They're the AAA team for the Cards.

I'm guessing with this humongoid storm here in Memphis, the Sox game might get rained out, altho I haven't seen or read anything to confirm or contradict this.
I don't really do Twitter, but Kevin Roth is one of the only dudes I'll check it for. He's your follow for all football/baseball weather reports. He's a meteorologist where that is legit his only gig. Follow sports weather.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6:55 PM CT first pitch

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything going well thus far. Every guy in the lineup scorching the ball. A shame that many have gone directly at defenders.