• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ San Francisco 49ers

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I have to say I was really surprised that Bevell told Wilson to throw a pick to start the game and tell the receiving corps to drop 5 balls in the 1st half. That is really bad coaching.

Bevell is his coach, at some point when the same problema are constantly recurring and his qb is making bad throws early in games the coach has to take responsibility.

In all these years under bevell they have not figured out how to be effective in the first half. They either have poor game plans or no game plan and certainly they do not script plays.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MrSnuggles2k2 said:
Lets say we go 10-6 and miss the playoffs, will anything change? I really doubt it. It will lead to excuses and rationalizing and nobody will get fired. Homers on this site will be perfectly happy with that

What would make you happy? go 13-3 and win the SB every year?

Football teams go thru cycles. If your lucky you hire a good GM/HC and you start from the bottom. You get rid of everyone making money, you draft from the top of the draft, you use your cap space to add players as your getting close to putting it together. Then if everything goes right you might , maybe win a SB. After that it's a battle of attrition. Your no longer drafting from the top of the draft, but from the bottom. Your players now are entering there second contract and guess what? They want to see the money. You starting having to let players walk and your in a tougher position to replace them, because you got no cap money and your drafting at the bottom of the draft.

Now if your unlucky your the Cleveland Browns. Who remain at the bottom of the league. You regularly fir coaches because "things got to change" you cycle through QBs because " they aren't performing up to expectations" " too many mistakes" and they keep changing things because well....things aren't going good.

You sound like you could actually be the Browns owner. 10-6 Your all fired! Seahawks are at the end or very near the end of the crop of players that took them to the SB ( except the QB of course). Things well get tough as they go through the process of replacing some players that are very, very hard to replace. If, big if, things go well the Seahawks can once again win a SB, unless of course they start acting like the Browns that is.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bevell is his coach, at some point when the same problema are constantly recurring and his qb is making bad throws early in games the coach has to take responsibility.

In all these years under bevell they have not figured out how to be effective in the first half. They either have poor game plans or no game plan and certainly they do not script plays.
You are a fool if you think Bev caused that terrible throw to start the game. You only see the bad so note that...
The Seahawks have actually been outscored in the first three quarters of games this season, but they're 7-4 thanks to their dominance in the fourth. They've scored an NFL-best 104 points in the fourth quarter of games this season, outscoring opponents by a league-best 58 points.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As i thought, 10-6 and no playoffs is perfectly acceptable.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets say we go 10-6 and miss the playoffs, will anything change? I really doubt it. It will lead to excuses and rationalizing and nobody will get fired. Homers on this site will be perfectly happy with that

So you say.

Again, I've said ad nauseum that I'm A-OK with firing either of your two whipping boys. Just do it right, and have top flight candidates lined up.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a fan the only thing unacceptable is having Ken Behring type owner. All I ask is a honest effort to win and don't move the team away.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10-6 to 11-5 is where I had Seattle going into this season. If they can get to 10-6 with all the injuries they've had this year I'll be pretty happy but obviously not quite as much if they don't make the playoffs.

Catching the Rams is not out of the question, but it is unlikely IMO. Falcons and Panthers both have real tough schedules the last five weeks though. Either one goes 2-3 and Seattle has a shot.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From ESPN:

i

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just do not sound like a fan of the team. You sound like a critic of the team.
No one said they would be happy with 10-6 and no playoffs, except you.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you serious? You're going to blame Bevell for RW not throwing accurately into the wind? You've allowed HATE for Bevell to really cloud your judgement...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course it would be disappointing but the other side of the coin is the fact that it would be "understandable" due to all the injuries we've endured this season... That's the part you can't comprehend...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, "understandable" and not a reason to fire the offensive coaching staff despite the almost non-existant productivity.

Hey, at least we were 10-6 and have pretty good excuses why we missed the playoffs.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start at your conclusion, and ignore everything that doesn't fit. NEVER GETS OLD.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoffs or not, I give Cable the boot after the season.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the subject of injuries and the impact they've had on this team, I just spotted this article and even though I haven't read it yet, the title gives you a pretty good idea of what the team is dealing with. The injuries don't account for or excuse some of the other issues the team has had, but some of those issues have been issues for years and could be overcome.

Seahawks 3rd-most injury-impacted team in NFL, according to ESPN

There was a graphic that was put up on the screen the other day showing the record that the Seahawks have had thru 10 (or was it 11?) games over the past several years and they looked remarkably similar to the record the Hawks currently have. All of those teams suffered from a poor offensive line. All of those teams dealt with the same playcaller on offense and the same guy leading the offensive line. All of those teams suffered from an abundance of penalties called against them as well. Obviously they're going into the final month of the season this year without guys that they've had available to them in the past, making it more difficult to overcome some of the issues they've been able to overcome in the past, and previous records are not the best indicator of future production, but the point is that the Seahawks have always made a December push since at least 2012. It might be a tougher feat this year than it has been in more recent years, but it can be done.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, "understandable" and not a reason to fire the offensive coaching staff despite the almost non-existant productivity.

Hey, at least we were 10-6 and have pretty good excuses why we missed the playoffs.

So how was our team record and offense from 2006-2010? ... Post SB till Bevell... You willing to sacrifice horrible seasons again while trying to find the right coaching staff? Be careful what you wish for...

2006: 9-7 / #19
2007: 10-6 / #9
2008: 4-12 / #28
2009: 5-11 / #21
2010: 7-9 / #28

We're on pace for six straight double digit wins in a season and you want to fire sell the entire coaching staff outside Carroll? How many teams have been able to do that?

If we change coaches we could go 4-12; 5-11, etc and have to listen to you on how they hired the wrong coaches, again...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks 3rd most impacted team in the NFL this year when it comes to injuries...

Seahawks 3rd-most injury-impacted team in NFL, according to ESPN

Props to coaches, players for continuing to press through, play hard and not give up en route to another double-digit season... Speaks volume to this team regardless of what a few fans may say...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An example to the Bevell naysayers...

upload_2017-11-28_20-58-3.png

They want to blame Bevell for the 1st half woes but won't credit him for the 2nd half adjustments... It's not RW's fault in the first half, it's Bevell's but it's all RW in the 2nd half... Sorry, RW is a big part of the reason for our slow starts in the 1st half... RW has not looked good in the 1st half via his accuracy and decision making... For example, was it Bevell who said to only target Baldwin 1x in the first half of the game vs the Niners? I doubt it... It was poor decision making on RW's part... Haters just going to hate... It's ridiculous...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bevell cant coach this 1st half problem out of wilson? Its been going on for years, its not new.