• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle NHL

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You totalling killed my vibe lol. Red and black?

giphy.gif
That's what that one article was inferring by the color scheme of the promotional stuff they were giving out.

Also getting mixed reviews from you... on one hand you say "I like it"... on the other 'red + teal is eye bleeding'.
The sockeye stuff. Should stay with those colors, and not mix red with teal. Or indeed, teal with anything.

I agree that Phillys colors are awful.
:thumb:

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sockeye stuff. Should stay with those colors, and not mix red with teal. Or indeed, teal with anything.

But the original Sockeye concept uni I posted (that you quoted) had a reddish color and teal lol. I agree that teal should not be the main color. I think I really like that uni specifically because it is used as an accent color.

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the original Sockeye concept uni I posted (that you quoted) had a reddish color and teal lol. I agree that teal should not be the main color. I think I really like that uni specifically because it is used as an accent color.
I just hope it isn't something stupid. Teal's bad, but a bad name would be worse. We had a good indication from the Golden Knights owner before he bestowed the name what it might be, but there's no such hint from the Bonderman-Bruckheimer group.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a big hockey fan since growing up in Washington I didn't have a team. I enjoy a Coyotes game from time to time, but more of a fan of watching the game live rather than a fan of any one team. I claim the Coyotes while living in AZ, but make no mistakes about it this Seattle team will make a real hockey fan out of me.

If I'm still in Seattle, I'd consider getting or sharing season tickets with someone. I had so much fun when I went to a Canucks game and I don't care about any team that doesn't have Seattle in front of it's name. I know nothing about hockey or the NHL, but I'm sure I'll become a big fan once our team starts playing.

For the record I love the idea of the Kraken as a team name. For whatever reason I care a lot more about the theme/team name than I do the color scheme. Would be so cool to hear "RELEASE THE KRAKEN" with some sort of pirate theme'd horn or something.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm still in Seattle, I'd consider getting or sharing season tickets with someone. I had so much fun when I went to a Canucks game and I don't care about any team that doesn't have Seattle in front of it's name. I know nothing about hockey or the NHL, but I'm sure I'll become a big fan once our team starts playing.

For the record I love the idea of the Kraken as a team name. For whatever reason I care a lot more about the theme/team name than I do the color scheme. Would be so cool to hear "RELEASE THE KRAKEN" with some sort of pirate theme'd horn or something.

The games are a blast and the best family environment of all major sports. As soon as Seattle has the team I'll follow them just as I follow the Hawks and M's.

I agree, I'm hoping for the Kraken. That would be killer!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when i was Younger we got to go to Thunderbirds games all the time. I Like hockey but i would much rather go see a Basketball game which BTW i have not done since the Sonics got jobbed in the playoffs against The Suns. That game was so FIXED! No if ands or butts about it and look how people cry now-a-days. If they were around then when the Suns shot 64 freethrows for a Jordan Vs MVP Barkley Finals that had a commercial shot using both Jordan and Barkley even before Both teams were in the finals. Don't think there was something going on there? Fuck the NBA but i still would enjoy a basketball game more than a Hockey game. ( Just not NBA )

PS
NBA :finger2:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW

Seattle Seawolves is a rugby team, i did not know that, To bad though. That name is off the boards :'(

Yep i had no clue Seattle had a rugby team. Never cared and never was a fan of rugby so in one ear out the other.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you get the chance try to attend an NHL game and it'll get you hyped. Last year my friend convinced me to go up to Vancouver to see a Canucks game and I had a great time. It was my first time ever watching hockey, but I had a great time and assume I'll become a big NHL fan once we land a team.

You will become a big fan. I go to a couple of Devils game each year and yes they suck ass again but it's a fun atmosphere.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when i was Younger we got to go to Thunderbirds games all the time. I Like hockey but i would much rather go see a Basketball game which BTW i have not done since the Sonics got jobbed in the playoffs against The Suns. That game was so FIXED! No if ands or butts about it and look how people cry now-a-days. If they were around then when the Suns shot 64 freethrows for a Jordan Vs MVP Barkley Finals that had a commercial shot using both Jordan and Barkley even before Both teams were in the finals. Don't think there was something going on there? Fuck the NBA but i still would enjoy a basketball game more than a Hockey game. ( Just not NBA )

PS
NBA :finger2:

I think once the NHL has been in town for a couple of seasons, the NBA will bring the Sonics back. I was at the Sixers/Raptors game 4 and that arena was rocking till the end of the game.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the name Kraken, even though it comes across somewhat ostentatious. I liked the logos and I have seen all of those concepts before, but none look nearly as good as that Sockeye one I posted. But that's me, I really like that one. I really despise that uniform with all the stripes. That's one of the worst.

These are okay even though they are the Sea Lions
Seattle-Sea-Lions-Concept-590x546.jpg

Seattle Metros
img_6695.jpg

Seattle Kraken (different ones), I like these too.
seattle-kraken.jpg

However.... DO NOT GO WITH THIS PLEASE. SO UGLY. Terrible logo.
1.png

Seattle Totems. These are pretty good for having stripes.
mq7utdwhob221.jpg

Seattle Kraken. Not a big fan of these.

First one reminds me of the Hartford Whalers color scheme.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of Sockeyes or Kraken etc, although I do like the color scheme in the OP. Similar to the Kelowna Rockets of the WHL. I'd definitely prefer to see them go old school with either Totems or Metropolitans, although I would be OK with something like Emeralds or Rainiers too. But I'll be a fan of the team regardless of what name they choose.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind these, but off the bat I think they are too similar to Dallas. Need another shade or color than JUST green and white.

45365861474_3692c40a7f_h.jpg

I posted this one in a different thread, but I like these too.

Z9bvla9.jpg

eX0IpVR.jpg

The Seattle uni design awards revealed

Seattle Sushi... are you shitting me?

45365863094_55666f6943_h.jpg

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are kind of cool too. Kind of a combo between that Sockeye uni with the totem logo... shouldn't have made the entire background the same color though.

45365861434_c0183ef682_h.jpg

I like the away sweaters, but not the home ones. I am not big on that many stripes.

ray-ferraro-mention-the-old-seattle-totem-s-hockey-team-and-how-good-their-jerseys-were.jpg

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are kind of cool too. Kind of a combo between that Sockeye uni with the totem logo... shouldn't have made the entire background the same color though.

I like the away sweaters, but not the home ones. I am not big on that many stripes.

ray-ferraro-mention-the-old-seattle-totem-s-hockey-team-and-how-good-their-jerseys-were.jpg

I'd use the striped one as a 3rd or alternate Jersey. Something like "Striped Saturday".

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will become a big fan. I go to a couple of Devils game each year and yes they suck ass again but it's a fun atmosphere.
The format for hockey/NHL is THE best for the live experience I think, outside of maybe baseball. And I'm not a big hockey fan or anything, but I'll always take an opportunity to catch an NHL game live. Lots of non-stop action for 20 minutes, then you get 20 minute beer break before 20 more minutes of action, and repeat. There's not a bunch of TV timeouts or extended lengths of time where not much is going on. Just a great live format.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really excited for when we get a team. I can't force myself to watch the NHL without a team since I have no vested interest, but I know I'll become a diehard once our team hits the ice.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really excited for when we get a team. I can't force myself to watch the NHL without a team since I have no vested interest, but I know I'll become a diehard once our team hits the ice.

Hockey wasn't something I watched until the Devils played Detroit one day on ESPN a long time ago. I was bored so I watched it and they lost badly but I really enjoyed it. So I became a Devils fan. Never did I think that team would go on to win 3 cups and have one of the greatest goalies to ever play the game.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The format for hockey/NHL is THE best for the live experience I think, outside of maybe baseball. And I'm not a big hockey fan or anything, but I'll always take an opportunity to catch an NHL game live. Lots of non-stop action for 20 minutes, then you get 20 minute beer break before 20 more minutes of action, and repeat. There's not a bunch of TV timeouts or extended lengths of time where not much is going on. Just a great live format.

I was surprised how much I enjoyed the Canucks game. Initially I just figured it would be a fun place to get drunk at, but man I loved it. Out of all the sporting events I've gone to - and I go to a lot of them - I'd say that was probably one of the best live game experiences I've had, and that was despite not caring who won or lost.

It was a good thing my buddy convinced me to go because it made me super excited to get an NHL team.

Even if I'm not in Seattle for the first match, I'll definitely do my best to attend the game irrespective of the ticket prices.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the bottom one is the logo then they need to go back to real Seattle roots and go Totems.