• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle NHL

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, exciting stuff. Not sure if it's in that article, but I guess tomorrow we also find out if we get the team in '20 or '21.

Took a skim read. 2020 is what the ownership group is pushing for and most likely what their gunning for.

The writer, who is pretty knowledgeable in the inner workings, mentioned about road games to start 2020

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took a skim read. 2020 is what the ownership group is pushing for and most likely what their gunning for.

The writer, who is pretty knowledgeable in the inner workings, mentioned about road games to start 2020
That would be awesome. I think not long ago there was some talk about a hangup with arena construction timeline and that it may jeopardize a 2020 start. Havent heard anything more on it lately.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL Seattle primer: What fans need to know about expansion hockey team

but rumors on Tuesday focused on an old name: Metropolitans, (I Hate the name)

As for colors, Leiweke indicated that the usual Seattle scheme of blue and green is likely out of the question because it’s what the Canucks use, and speculation is that black and red (that sounds awesome) could factor in prominently considering how much it has been used already by the NHL Seattle group.

DtjCKPVW4AEB54h

the ownership group is set to build a sprawling training center in the Northgate neighborhood that it hopes will become a hub for the growth of hockey in the region. Believe it or not, there are no permanent public ice rinks inside the Seattle city limits, but that will change with the training center, which will feature a grand total of three rinks. The main rink will have seats for 1,000 fans, while the other two will seat 400. Perhaps most notable is that in addition to housing the NHL team, the facility will also host adult and youth hockey, training camps, tournaments, figure skating and public ice skating.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL Seattle primer: What fans need to know about expansion hockey team

but rumors on Tuesday focused on an old name: Metropolitans, (I Hate the name)

As for colors, Leiweke indicated that the usual Seattle scheme of blue and green is likely out of the question because it’s what the Canucks use, and speculation is that black and red (that sounds awesome) could factor in prominently considering how much it has been used already by the NHL Seattle group.

DtjCKPVW4AEB54h

the ownership group is set to build a sprawling training center in the Northgate neighborhood that it hopes will become a hub for the growth of hockey in the region. Believe it or not, there are no permanent public ice rinks inside the Seattle city limits, but that will change with the training center, which will feature a grand total of three rinks. The main rink will have seats for 1,000 fans, while the other two will seat 400. Perhaps most notable is that in addition to housing the NHL team, the facility will also host adult and youth hockey, training camps, tournaments, figure skating and public ice skating.

On the radio they’re saying that the team is not going to be the Metropolitans. They were speculating that the league is telling them they can’t use it - but like everything else about the name, that’s speculation.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the radio they’re saying that the team is not going to be the Metropolitans. They were speculating that the league is telling them they can’t use it - but like everything else about the name, that’s speculation.

I really hope so, Metropolitans just sounds boring. I get the throwback, but let that be a special game night, like bobbhead night for the Ms. To me the best name was the Mighty Ducks till they changed it to the ducks. I'd like the kraken or totem, anything other than metropolitans.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope so, Metropolitans just sounds boring. I get the throwback, but let that be a special game night, like bobbhead night for the Ms. To me the best name was the Mighty Ducks till they changed it to the ducks. I'd like the kraken or totem, anything other than metropolitans.

Agree... Metropolitans would be a horrible name... I'd rather be called the Koala Bears rather than Metropolitans...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeti

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the team name should reflect the rich Native American history of the PNW while also being empowering towards women.

The Seattle Fightin' Squaws

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the team name should reflect the rich Native American history of the PNW while also being empowering towards women.

The Seattle Fightin' Squaws
Nothing for the LGBTQ+ community, eh? What a burn!

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the sockeyes... You can market that w/ hockey in so many ways...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Seattle fans on your new hockey team.

Reactions: JMR

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the sockeyes... You can market that w/ hockey in so many ways...
By far my fave as well. You can have a mean looking fish in a jersey with his dukes up, black eye, ready to rumble. Would look great as a logo on pretty much anything.

Not really a fan of most of the other ones thrown around, especially Kraken & Totems.