• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle NHL

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope it's either the Sockeyes or the Steelheads. I definitely am not excited about the Kraken or Totems.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They need to get one soon lol. Their expansion draft is in June and they shouldn't be worried about the team name heading into 2020 in my opinion.

Not to regurgitate my previous posts, but these are my favs in order...

1. Sockeyes
NG2Ul1D.jpg

2. Pilots
mzFqcRK.jpg

3. Sawbucks
45365861394_643b33d5ae_h.jpg

4. Metros
img_6695.jpg

And yes, I realized that not all of these were on that list, but I still like these.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found these new ones too while I was hunting those pictures down and I think the unis actually look pretty cool.

Grunge

sbd-jersey-c.jpg

D0hvW6NX4AEauux.jpg

Cougars
sbd-jersey-a.jpg

I like everything here except that damn 'cougar' emblem lol.

Lumberjacks
6726288393_b77ba8632a_m.jpg

Stealth
Interesting color scheme, would like to see it in motion on ice before passing judgment. Probably still look better with a blue instead of grey though.
seattle stealth.png

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to get one soon lol. Their expansion draft is in June and they shouldn't be worried about the team name heading into 2020 in my opinion.

Not to regurgitate my previous posts, but these are my favs in order...

1. Sockeyes
NG2Ul1D.jpg

2. Pilots
mzFqcRK.jpg

3. Sawbucks
45365861394_643b33d5ae_h.jpg

4. Metros
img_6695.jpg

And yes, I realized that not all of these were on that list, but I still like these.
Definitely prefer these to the second group you've posted. Sockeyes or Sawbucks has a nice ring to it. Hopefully they don't screw this up. Nothing can be worse than the XFL franchise name.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely prefer these to the second group you've posted. Sockeyes or Sawbucks has a nice ring to it. Hopefully they don't screw this up. Nothing can be worse than the XFL franchise name.

I'm still crossing my fingers that it's the Kraken, although it doesn't really matter. Wish we could've had the color scheme of the Canucks, but obviously that's not an option.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah the sockeye one is my favorite, but I do think the plaid is a cool design as well as the cougar one, though I don't like the cougar emblem.

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Steelheads. Maybe with the old Seahawks blue and silver with a solid logo.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to hockey I know absolutely nothing other than the fact that the games are a blast to attend.

That being said, is there any sort of resource anyone can offer that's the equivalent of "Learning hockey for idiots?"

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to hockey I know absolutely nothing other than the fact that the games are a blast to attend.

That being said, is there any sort of resource anyone can offer that's the equivalent of "Learning hockey for idiots?"

Whatcha wanna know?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatcha wanna know?

The issue is I don't even know where to begin. I don't even know what I don't know lol.

I'm actually considering buying the latest NHL game because when I was a kid I learned how football worked through Madden as funny as that sounds.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue is I don't even know where to begin. I don't even know what I don't know lol.

I'm actually considering buying the latest NHL game because when I was a kid I learned how football worked through Madden as funny as that sounds.

I'll use 2 players from the New Jersey Devils, Jack Hughes and Taylor hall, and a New York Islander, Matt Brazal, for reference

Let's start with Icing:

When Hughes tries to pass to Hall but Hall can't reach before Brazal reaches the Isles end. A penalty can nullify Icing.

Offsides:

If Hall is past the Blueline and touches a Hughes pass. Can be nullified by Hall recrossing the line.

Penalties:

Tripping, Hooking, Holding, Slashing and holding the stick are self explanatory.

Interference: Is a huge grey area penalty( I get called for it alot in video games). Basically it states that you can't intentionally in a way or hit a opposing player who doesn't have the puck.

Goalie interference: another grey area. Basically you can't do anything to impeded the goalie process to save the puck or hit the a goalie that has saved the puck.

Exhibit A: Sean Avery, I hate using this piece of shit, is in the blue, red and White in front of the net. Marty Brodur is in the Red, black and white.

There is a penalty that states a goalie,who is playing the puck, can't go over 2 thin red lines behind the net. Cant remember what it is called though.

Charging: a penalty in ice hockey. Rule 42 of the NHL rulebook dictates that charging "shall mean the actions of a player or goalkeeper who, as a result of distance traveled, shall violently check an opponent in any manner. A 'charge' may be the result of a check into the boards, into the goal frame or in open ice."

Boarding: A boarding penalty shall be imposed on any player who checks or pushes a defenseless opponent in such a manner that causes the opponent to hit or impact the boards violently or dangerously. The severity of the penalty, based upon the impact with the boards, shall be at the discretion of the Referee.

Cross Checking: an infraction in the sport of ice hockey where a player checks an opponent by using the shaft of his or her stick with both hands. In the rules of the National Hockey League, cross-checking is defined in Rule 59, while the International Ice Hockey Federation rules define it in Rule 127.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll use 2 players from the New Jersey Devils, Jack Hughes and Taylor hall, and a New York Islander, Matt Brazal, for reference

Let's start with Icing:

When Hughes tries to pass to Hall but Hall can't reach before Brazal reaches the Isles end. A penalty can nullify Icing.

Offsides:

If Hall is past the Blueline and touches a Hughes pass. Can be nullified by Hall recrossing the line.

Penalties:

Tripping, Hooking, Holding, Slashing and holding the stick are self explanatory.

Interference: Is a huge grey area penalty( I get called for it alot in video games). Basically it states that you can't intentionally in a way or hit a opposing player who doesn't have the puck.

Goalie interference: another grey area. Basically you can't do anything to impeded the goalie process to save the puck or hit the a goalie that has saved the puck.

Exhibit A: Sean Avery, I hate using this piece of shit, is in the blue, red and White in front of the net. Marty Brodur is in the Red, black and white.

There is a penalty that states a goalie,who is playing the puck, can't go over 2 thin red lines behind the net. Cant remember what it is called though.

Charging: a penalty in ice hockey. Rule 42 of the NHL rulebook dictates that charging "shall mean the actions of a player or goalkeeper who, as a result of distance traveled, shall violently check an opponent in any manner. A 'charge' may be the result of a check into the boards, into the goal frame or in open ice."

Boarding: A boarding penalty shall be imposed on any player who checks or pushes a defenseless opponent in such a manner that causes the opponent to hit or impact the boards violently or dangerously. The severity of the penalty, based upon the impact with the boards, shall be at the discretion of the Referee.

Cross Checking: an infraction in the sport of ice hockey where a player checks an opponent by using the shaft of his or her stick with both hands. In the rules of the National Hockey League, cross-checking is defined in Rule 59, while the International Ice Hockey Federation rules define it in Rule 127.

This is awesome primer, thanks man. If I ever have any questions I know who to ask. I'll probably try to take another few trips up to Vancouver with my buddy who is really into the NHL that way he can explain everything to me. He also put down a deposit for season tickets and I know I'll likely go to a lot of games with him.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is awesome primer, thanks man. If I ever have any questions I know who to ask. I'll probably try to take another few trips up to Vancouver with my buddy who is really into the NHL that way he can explain everything to me. He also put down a deposit for season tickets and I know I'll likely go to a lot of games with him.

Also. Look at the WHL for rules and play.

There about the same as NHL. Big difference is these are 16-20 year olds playing.

There are 2 near Seattle.

Everett Silvertips – Official site of the Everett Silvertips

Seattle Thunderbirds – Official site of the Seattle Thunderbirds

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also. Look at the WHL for rules and play.

There about the same as NHL. Big difference is these are 16-20 year olds playing.

There are 2 near Seattle.

Everett Silvertips – Official site of the Everett Silvertips

Seattle Thunderbirds – Official site of the Seattle Thunderbirds

Haven't considered attending a Thunderbirds or Silvertips game, but I do go up to Vancouver multiple times a year since my buddy lives up there (free place to stay lol) and will definitely attend a Canucks game or two this season.

Even though I know absolutely nothing about hockey I will say that NHL games are incredibly fun to go to and I can't wait until we have a team.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of things regarding the draft.

It is done by "lottery" with the worst team having the highest chance at #1 with 25,% and goes down from there.

You can be jumped by teams however. There are times where you can have the worst record, you can end up with #4.

If you are picking in 2020, I doubt it but still, your picking in what some are calling "best draft class in a while".

If 2021. It is a Defenseman heavy top half