• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle looking like a serious Superbowl repeat contender

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize saying a team is a superbowl contender and placing your team in the superbowl are 2 different things right? The OP was not saying that Seattle is a SB contender. Everyone knows that Seattle is a superbowl contender. He was putting Seattle in the superbowl because they won one home game against a good team.
Anything can happen during a 16 game season.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that sounds good at all. But you can't honestly sit here and say that you will feel the exact same about the state of the Steelers if they beat the Browns by 1 rather than 30.

He may not feel the same but by the time wednesday come around you think he would give a shit that they won by 1 point? A win is a win at the end of the day. Some wins are prettier/uglier than others but they all count the same

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize saying a team is a superbowl contender and placing your team in the superbowl are 2 different things right? The OP was not saying that Seattle is a SB contender. Everyone knows that Seattle is a superbowl contender. He was putting Seattle in the superbowl because they won one home game against a good team.

No, the OP is not writing them in for the SB. He just says that they're legit contenders. But of course, you're blinded by your butt hurt of all things Seahawks.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may not feel the same but by the time wednesday come around you think he would give a shit that they won by 1 point? A win is a win at the end of the day. Some wins are prettier/uglier than others but they all count the same

Yeah. They all count the same. But quality of performance counts for something too.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just peeked at the title and it says the Seahawks look like serious repeat contenders. You need to quit twisting things.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win is a win in my opinion.

Quality of performance means nothing?

You've never watched your team win an ugly game against a team they should have smashed and thought "they won, but they better fix come shit"?

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that sounds good at all. But you can't honestly sit here and say that you will feel the exact same about the state of the Steelers if they beat the Browns by 1 rather than 30.

sure I can .. its a win I dont care about stats or how many points as long as we win .. the score on the board at the end of the game is the only thing that counts in the grand scheme of things

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quality of performance means nothing?

You've never watched your team win an ugly game against a team they should have smashed and thought "they won, but they better fix come shit"?

Yes...yes they have, but they aren't going to admit it.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh was it ben ?
Big Ben is a great QB. I was a big hater on him because early in his career he was more of a game manager because that is what the Steelers needed with their nasty D and great run game. He definitely proved me wrong. Ben and RW have a ton of parallels

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure I can .. its a win I dont care about stats or how many points as long as we win .. the score on the board at the end of the game is the only thing that counts in the grand scheme of things

Yes. But you had problems last year that you are hoping see fixed this year. A slight win with those problems still evident would bother me more than a dominating win where they show that they improved in their weaknesses.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. But you had problems last year that you are hoping see fixed this year. A slight win with those problems still evident would bother me more than a dominating win where they show that they improved in their weaknesses.

sure you want to see improvement .. thats the only way that your gonna get to the big dance

Last edited by a moderator:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the OP is not writing them in for the SB. He just says that they're legit contenders. But of course, you're blinded by your butt hurt of all things Seahawks.

My main point was that the Seahawks don't look as if they have regressed one bit, something a lot of people believed that they would.

The Packers should win 10 games this year, they have one of the NFL's best QBs and an outstanding 2nd year running back with an extremely bright future. Their offense looks lethal and they have some talented players on defense, the beat down that the Seahawks gave the Packers should illustrate that the Seahawks don't appear to have regressed as badly as some people want to believe that they had.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to like the Seahawks but the boom, the twelfth man shit, Sherman's crap and Wilson's "go hawks" tourette tick are starting to get to me.
Good! They are doing something right then. Few ever hate an irrelevant team. Just a fact.
We're all so distraught over losing you

So basically what you're saying is you liked the Seahawks before they were good and you had to hear about them?
:clap:
Ahh fuck it.
Let's cancel the entire season and just give them the Lombardi trophy and the hardware again.

Why even bother playing all these meaningless games. It's a given, written in the stars, etched in stone.

Fuhgettabodit !!!

:L
Because people are saying they look like a contender now, not a slam dunk SB winning team? Talk about overreacting.
you know what if your team falls flat on their faces your the first person that im gonna look for to rub it in
but a little humility would go a long way
So you want others to have humility and yet vengeance is perfectly acceptable? :whistle:
Highly doubt anyone will be placing their team in the superbowl after 1 road win
Again, many Seattle fans say their team looks like contenders/favorites/etc and all of you come out as if they said there is no way they don't repeat. That's a huge leap from what is actually said.

There is a HUGE difference between being a favored team at this point and actually winning it all and pretty much every fan you all chide have said that. In fact I'm tired of having to * every post with a if they stay healthy, anything can happen because it's a long season, etc. We know it, we understand it, and aren't denying it. So stop being such dipshits with this 'lets not play anymore games and just crown them' bullshit.

Seattle is among 3-4 favorite teams in the NFC and coming out of the gate hot only reinforces that. Nothing in that statement says, nor implies they can't end up not winning the NFC or the SB.