• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle looking like a serious Superbowl repeat contender

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of games coming up this weekend. Let's see if some others get giddy. I suspect we'll see a few folks getting giddy, besides Seahawks fans.

Nope. All the other fan bases won't even talk about their week one game, I mean there is 15 more!!!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giddy is one thing but claiming true sb contenders after one game come on fellas thats a stretch you have to admit that

long long time ago I felt that way about my team and since I travel to Pittsburgh on business often the last 20 years or so, I'd say many felt that way once upon a time in Pittsburgh too.

Super Bowl contenders is fine with me being the defending super bowl champs and all, no question it's marathon and often the lead dog doesn't make it. Health has a bigger role than ever before in pro football. Stuff can change in weeks, no question there either

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giddy is one thing but claiming true sb contenders after one game come on fellas thats a stretch you have to admit that

At any point there are popular favorites and dogs. Seattle was a popular favorite before the season, and last night provided at least some validation to that. Does that mean they're going to win the SB? No, but AT THIS POINT I like their chances better than anyone else.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
long long time ago I felt that way about my team and since I travel to Pittsburgh on business often the last 20 years or so, I'd say many felt that way once upon a time in Pittsburgh too.

Super Bowl contenders is fine with me being the defending super bowl champs and all, no question it's marathon and often the lead dog doesn't make it. Health has a bigger role than ever before in pro football. Stuff can change in weeks, no question there either

health is a big thing .. look what happened to GB after their center got hurt last night ..they fell apart

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
health is a big thing .. look what happened to GB after their center got hurt last night ..they fell apart

Yes Sir it is........Dallas wasn't going anywhere with their defense, but that last injury in week 16 sealed the deal of no playoffs last season

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At any point there are popular favorites and dogs. Seattle was a popular favorite before the season, and last night provided at least some validation to that. Does that mean they're going to win the SB? No, but AT THIS POINT I like their chances better than anyone else.

well there will be 15 more winning teams after sunday.. all of the winners will be tied

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Talk of SB contenders starts in the offseason. Teams like the Packers, Saints, and 49er, have their fans talking SB contenders. You can throw in a half a dozen teams that could be dark horses, talking about if this and this happens, then who knows.
Isn't this what a sports forum is about? Everyone gets to throw out his IMO.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well there will be 15 more winning teams after sunday.. all of the winners will be tied

Not all wins are created equal. If Seattle had played and beat TB by 3 yesterday I wouldn't be as thrilled with the performance.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of games coming up this weekend. Let's see if some others get giddy. I suspect we'll see a few folks getting giddy, besides Seahawks fans.

Highly doubt anyone will be placing their team in the superbowl after 1 road win

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks WON the Superbowl with the youngest(?) roster ever and managed to return practically the entire core roster minus some OLinemen (and our OLine was terrible), some rotational Dlinemen, and Golden Tate. And in our first game back from that Championship we beat GB by 20 points (a team that won their division despite not having ARod for half the season and came very close to the team that we would have had to play in the NFC Championship game).

Our core has not yet peaked, so is it a stretch to think that we are mere contenders for the Superbowl again this year? :scratch:

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks WON the Superbowl with the youngest(?) roster ever and managed to return practically the entire core roster minus some OLinemen (and our OLine was terrible), some rotational Dlinemen, and Golden Tate. And in our first game back from that Championship we beat GB by 20 points (a team that won their division despite not having ARod for half the season and came very close to the team that we would have had to play in the NFC Championship game).

Our core has not yet peaked, so is it a stretch to think that we are mere contenders for the Superbowl again this year? :scratch:

but wilson wasnt the youngest QB to ever win a sb was he ?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Cowboys have sucked for two decades so I've forgotten how it feels to be giddy.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me are Saints a SB contender?

You do realize saying a team is a superbowl contender and placing your team in the superbowl are 2 different things right? The OP was not saying that Seattle is a SB contender. Everyone knows that Seattle is a superbowl contender. He was putting Seattle in the superbowl because they won one home game against a good team.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure they are win by 1 point or 100 its a win in the books and thats all that counts

I know that sounds good at all. But you can't honestly sit here and say that you will feel the exact same about the state of the Steelers if they beat the Browns by 1 rather than 30.