• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle looking like a serious Superbowl repeat contender

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 game

What superbowl winner hasn't looked like a serious repeat contender after the opening game? Can't remember the last time the superbowl winner was defeated in their home opener

Yes it was only 1 game but they looked damn good! If Harvin can remain healthy Seattle will be ridiculously good!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were the defending champion Ravens the team to beat before they lost by more than 20 points in Week 1 last year? Were they still the team to beat after that game, or were they already out of contention?

yes, I think they were still the team to beat.
1 of 16 is just that

always an exception here and there but to me, the defending world champions are just that till they are out of the playoffs the next season

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 game

What superbowl winner hasn't looked like a serious repeat contender after the opening game? Can't remember the last time the superbowl winner was defeated in their home opener

Totally unimpressive and predictable win. That's why you had Seattle in the pick 'em this week right? :whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many Seattle chest-thumping threads on here after one game played this season. The truth is that GB was pumped up by the media to be contenders for the SB when clearly they are not. A great game by the 'Hawks no doubt but can we at least get through the first week of games before this is discussed? Seattle wins at home....shocker!!!

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 game

Odd.
Why did you pick GB in the vcash pick`em thread?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A great game by the 'Hawks no doubt but can we at least get through the first week of games before this is discussed? Seattle wins at home....shocker!!!

So a thread say the Seahawks look like a serious Superbowl repeat contender is presumptuous in your eyes? You don't think that the Seahawks are a serious Superbowl repeat contender?

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many Seattle chest-thumping threads on here after one game played this season. The truth is that GB was pumped up by the media to be contenders for the SB when clearly they are not. A great game by the 'Hawks no doubt but can we at least get through the first week of games before this is discussed? Seattle wins at home....shocker!!!
I doubt GB has too many more losses this year. They play the NFCSouth, AFCEast, CAR, PHI, and their division.

They may very well lose to PHI, NE, and NO but should win the rest out their out-of-division games. Should be a 10+ win team. They just aren't on the same level that the Hawks are. I doubt anyone will be though, with the possible exception of the Broncos. Time will tell but yes the Hawks are the team to beat right now

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You really think that the game last night is so telling that you can say GB is not a SB contender? Totally disagree with that, even more so than concluding from last night's game that Seattle is "the team to beat". The NFL regular season is a long haul. New starts emerge, former stars play poorly and get injured. Teams come together and teams fall apart. Very little is learned about how the season will end from a single regular season game, let alone the very first game of the season.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a thread say the Seahawks look like a serious Superbowl repeat contender is presumptuous in your eyes? You don't think that the Seahawks are a serious Superbowl repeat contender?
After one game against a over hyped team at the Clink? Yes ,I would for now. The 'Hawks are the favorites anyway in the NFC to win it all but one game in the regular season does not get the Lomardi.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers went 15-1 after their last SB, making the rest of the league look like HS teams in the process only to lose in the first round. Just saying.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think that the game last night is so telling that you can say GB is not a SB contender? Totally disagree with that, even more so than concluding from last night's game that Seattle is "the team to beat". The NFL regular season is a long haul. New starts emerge, former stars play poorly and get injured. Teams come together and teams fall apart. Very little is learned about how the season will end from a single regular season game, let alone the very first game of the season.
The Packers need work in many areas so I fail to see how they can be considered SB contenders other than they win their week division and make the playoffs.

StoningtonQB

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously... the fudgepackers looked horrible last night

Last year all anyone could talk about was how great the Chefs were all the way up into midseason

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After one game against a over hyped team at the Clink? Yes ,I would for now. The 'Hawks are the favorites anyway in the NFC to win it all but one game in the regular season does not get the Lomardi.

So the Seahawks are the favorites to win in the NFC but calling them Super Bowl contenders is presumptuous?

tumblr_mpbt4eeQMl1qzgmx3o1_400.gif

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers went 15-1 after their last SB, making the rest of the league look like HS teams in the process only to lose in the first round. Just saying.

This is very true certainly. The Packers were a vastly better team than the one that beat them. But, as is true with any tournament, anyone who is in the tournament can win it.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Seahawks are the favorites to win in the NFC but calling them Super Bowl contenders is presumptuous?

tumblr_mpbt4eeQMl1qzgmx3o1_400.gif
Keep thumping that chest for that one win. The 'Hawks are the favorites to win and that has nothing to do with myself or you...just Vegas odds and opinions by the sports media.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep thumping that chest for that one win. The 'Hawks are the favorites to win and that has nothing to do with myself or you...just Vegas odds and opinions by the sports media.

I haven't said boo about that one win. I considered the Seahawks favorites to return to the Super Bowl for some time. Last night gave a little validation for that but that's about it. It is one of the harder games on our schedule, along with Denver and San Fran. Good solid win. If we win the next two I think we have a great chance of being 13-3 again.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't said boo about that one win. I considered the Seahawks favorites to return to the Super Bowl for some time. Last night gave a little validation for that but that's about it. It is one of the harder games on our schedule, along with Denver and San Fran. Good solid win. If we win the next two I think we have a great chance of being 13-3 again.
Good response. Don't get me wrong here about the 'Hawks chances to reach another SB. There are injuries,suspensions and other unknown factors that happen in a season. All I'm saying is don't put the crown on the head of even a division winner so early in the season. Only one game has been played...be happy about that one game the Hawks won.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly am not assuming that we will win the division. Russell Wilson goes down and we are an 8-8 team again.