• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle looking like a serious Superbowl repeat contender

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about the Seahawks is that all of their players are so young. Many of them can still get better and they've been the most efficient team in football for the past two years. Their defense got better from 2012 to 2013 and even though they are missing guys this year it doesn't look like their d has fallen much while their offense looks much improved. If they were playing this week, maybe Denver and some other teams have a shot but by the time the playoffs roll around....yeah, they are def the favorites if they stay healthy.

And really thats what its about now. Health.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks have the best roster in the league and they always play with great intensity. Of course they're contenders. They have the best secondary in the league, a top 5 lb'er corp, a good pass rush, a top 5 (at the very least) rb, a ridiculous play-maker in Harvin, and a strong QB in Wilson. They also have great depth. The one thing that's the big question mark is whether or not Harvin can last a full season because he opens up the offense so much.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to hawks fans. We were saying were the defacto favorite all off season, its just the mediots who said we wont repeat just cause. I saw about 20 talking and writing heads say GB was their NFC favorite....well your nfc favorite just got beat by 20. Boom

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
flyerhawk;5478247[B said:
][/B]It's not like the Seahawks came out of nowhere last night. They are the defending Super Bowl champions who had the best record in football last year. And they just beat a Super Bowl hopeful by 20.

Until proven otherwise they are the de facto team to beat.

I am certainly aware of how good a team Seattle has and what a remarkable season they had last year. If you consider them the de facto team to beat this year, then knock yourself out. Personally, I think it's foolish to consider any team "the team to beat" a full one game into the regular season. For example, wouldn't it make better sense to wait at least until after Philly, NO, SF, Indy, NE, and Denver have all played a single game before crowning a particular team the team to beat? LOL

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am certainly aware of how good a team Seattle has and what a remarkable season they had last year. If you consider them the de facto team to beat this year, then knock yourself out. Personally, I think it's foolish to consider any team "the team to beat" a full one game into the regular season. For example, wouldn't it make better sense to wait at least until after Philly, NO, SF, Indy, NE, and Denver have all played a single game before crowning a particular team the team to beat? LOL

We can only deal with the present. It is entirely possible that the Seahawks collapse and wind up 8-8 and not in the discussion as Super Bowl contenders. But as of right now is there any reason to argue that they aren't still the team to beat?

always

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to hawks fans. We were saying were the defacto favorite all off season, its just the mediots who said we wont repeat just cause. I saw about 20 talking and writing heads say GB was their NFC favorite....well your nfc favorite just got beat by 20. Boom

Talking heads try and romanticize the game and the individual. Guess what, football is a team sport. These idiots think that because Green Bay has Rodgers that they are the favorites.

Don't take it out on people just cause the talking heads get their heads up their asses.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can only deal with the present. It is entirely possible that the Seahawks collapse and wind up 8-8 and not in the discussion as Super Bowl contenders. But as of right now is there any reason to argue that they aren't still the team to beat?

Only if one thinks, as I mentioned above I do, it foolish to call any team the team to beat after one of two-hundred and fifty six regular season games.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless, of course, as mentioned above, one thinks it foolish to call any team the team to beat after one of two-hundred and fifty six regular season games.

Thinking of the Super Bowl after week 1's game especially when only 1 actual game has been played is getting way ahead of ourselves. Seattle looked good on both sides of the ball and look like a tough team moving forward. At this point that is about all I take from this game. Next week we could see a totally different team on the field that looks very beatable. Kind of how the NFL goes these days. I remember last year with Seattle in Seattle losing to Tampa Bay and really should have lost that game. Yet then I saw them destroy a team like San Fran and New Orleans at home. Each week brings a different challenge.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were saying were the defacto favorite all off season, its just the mediots who said we wont repeat just cause. I saw about 20 talking and writing heads say GB was their NFC favorite....well your nfc favorite just got beat by 20. Boom

Only the simplest of minds pays credence to the "talking and writing heads"

LooseChange

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle looked good last night but there are 255 games left to be played. Lets let a few more play out before we start crowning the champion. I just wish Sherman would follow the opposing team's best WR around instead of lining up on the same side every play. It's hard to claim that he's the best in the league when he's not even covering the best WR on the opposing team.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if one thinks, as I mentioned above I do, it foolish to call any team the team to beat after one of two-hundred and fifty six regular season games.

Why is it foolish to say that there is a team to beat going into the season?

Personally I didn't think that was a controversial statement. Of course the team to beat this season is going the team that curb stomped their opponent in the Super Bowl and had the best record in football last year.

That doesn't mean they will be the best team in football this year. But until proven otherwise, it is simple fact right now that they are the team to beat.

Not sure why you find this comment so objectionable but to each their own.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle looked good last night but there are 255 games left to be played. Lets let a few more play out before we start crowning the champion. I just wish Sherman would follow the opposing team's best WR around instead of lining up on the same side every play. It's hard to claim that he's the best in the league when he's not even covering the best WR on the opposing team.

I would rather have him force the best QBs in the league to play football with only half the field. Makes them MUCH more predictable.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Pete Carroll and Dan Quinn are more concerned about the defense playing well than they are about giving Sherman bragging rights.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disclaimer: I'm not looking to argue best CB in the NFL.

I'll juts point out that GB's decision to abandon his side of the field and throw a sacrificial WR out there means something too.

LooseChange

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Pete Carroll and Dan Quinn are more concerned about the defense playing well than they are about giving Sherman bragging rights.

I understand all that. As a fan, I wish Sherman would cover the best receiver on the opposing team..that's all.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

disagree.....the defending super champs are always the team to beat

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was just saying this at lunch today. Peter King has GB over Indy in the Super Bowl!

:lol::L

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
disagree.....the defending super champs are always the team to beat

Were the defending champion Ravens the team to beat before they lost by more than 20 points in Week 1 last year? Were they still the team to beat after that game, or were they already out of contention?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit...SEA will probably go 8-0 @ home...they have some tough road games though...but hard to bet against them coming out of the NFC the way they looked last night.