• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle looking like a serious Superbowl repeat contender

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks wouldn't have traded Harvin if they were off to a better start and then they would have put up with his so called problems. Seattle is just using Harvin as the scapegoat. Just saying.

Well I'm guessing Harvin's refusal to play at the end of the Cowboy game might have had a bigger impact.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More information is coming out about Harvin and locker room issues. Also they have been shopping him before they had lost the last couple games. Latest rumor is without a trade, he would have been outright cut.
The rest of the league is just as smart as anyone else. When you have a playmaker with that kind of talent and the best you can get is a conditional mid round pick that should tell you something.

The coaching staffs league wide know each other and share a lot of info

The bigger deal now is can the Seahawks put the chemistry back together? Its almost comical if you are outside the NFC west. A lot of people expected the Niners to implode from locker room issues and it turns out the Hawks have beaten them to the punch!

And the Cards quietly are in first place with a big game this weekend. In spite of all the injuries.

In hindsight, yeah, the trade to bring him here was not what we expected. But we still like the fact that the front office will admit it and move on.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks wouldn't have traded Harvin if they were off to a better start and then they would have put up with his so called problems. Seattle is just using Harvin as the scapegoat. Just saying.

That might be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not that another response to this ridiculous statement matters at this point but CMON MAN.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not that another response to this ridiculous statement matters at this point but CMON MAN.

I'll give it a shot.

Is Malibu short for Malibu Barbie?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle has been the most overrated team in the league the last 2 years.

yeah sure like the 85 Bears. When you have a team dominate all season, and not back into a playoff thats overrated? Kind of remind me of 85 Bears not the best O but nast D, Bears size and strength and Hawks with speed and reckless abandon. I would see 3-4 guys on same hit

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think expecting them to be repeat champions goes with the territory. Every season, last year's superbowl winners are evaluated as to "can they repeat". Its been awhile since someone has done that.
Seattle is still a really good team. But they got some holes to fill. They got some key people hurt or no longer with the team. There is enough talent to make a run but its a mash unit at the moment.

I think its been like 10 years since that happened and I believe all have missed the playoffs

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

did you see his no#s very very pedestrian just saying just saying. Lot guy at mile high has caught more passes

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More information is coming out about Harvin and locker room issues. Also they have been shopping him before they had lost the last couple games. Latest rumor is without a trade, he would have been outright cut.
The rest of the league is just as smart as anyone else. When you have a playmaker with that kind of talent and the best you can get is a conditional mid round pick that should tell you something.

I don't think anybody will really know what really happened, but NFL teams, Seattle included, put up with a lot from players. They overlook, gloss over, keep under wraps, try and manage and just generally deal with all sorts of headaches to keep the best players on the field.

When a team, basically says "GTFO" and one they gave such a nice contract to just a year or so ago it should tell you all you need to know. Harvin was as good as done by that point. I think they would have let him go for nothing. It's clear they just wanted him gone, and there must have been a lot of stuff building up to that point. A lot of stuff we'll probably never know.

This is Harvin's 3rd team. I'm guessing once this bridge is burned, he's DUN in this league.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its been like 10 years since that happened and I believe all have missed the playoffs

The Saints made the playoffs as the WC after their superbowl win. Not sure about the others though.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A few have made it, I think the stat is its been 10 years since the previous Super Bowl winner has won a playoff game.

The Saints lost to that 7-9 Seahawks team the year after, The Packers went 15-1 and lost to Giants in their first game the year after, I think the Colts lost at home to the Chargers the year after they won it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it must be dealing with winning a game in the playoffs.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-3 record and now no Harvin and noone has replaced Tate so far this year. No o line and lack of pass rush Seattle is in trouble. Just saying.

Still early though... Teams do slump sometimes so let's see where were at in 5 or 6 weeks... I think our offense is showing some signs of catching a better groove and defensively we need to get some guy's back healthy before I totally judge ... Our pass rush isn't as good as last year with the loss of Clemens on the edge.... But it's still early to think no one can emerge... Lot's of football left...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-3 record and now no Harvin and noone has replaced Tate so far this year. No o line and lack of pass rush Seattle is in trouble. Just saying.

Good call.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

orly.jpg