• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle looking like a serious Superbowl repeat contender

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think just his threat on the field opened up their offense more than his actual production did and they're going to have to adjust to that, but I wouldn't be to upset with sending him packing if I was a fan of the team and the reports are even mostly true.

You would think that but Wilson passing numbers with Harvin off the field versus on are pretty striking.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can count on one hand the number of times the NFCWest has been the toughest division, so how many years are you thinking you held that title to be able to go 24-8?

Take the Cards away this year and it is decidedly mediocre....

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having the balls to admit it was a mistake and move on isn't something to scoff at. yeah, trading that much for a player that contributed so little probably sucks. But keeping him because he "just has to workout" and allow it to drag the entire team down with him is what losers do. It's not as if they couldn't win without him.

I do think just his threat on the field opened up their offense more than his actual production did and they're going to have to adjust to that, but I wouldn't be to upset with sending him packing if I was a fan of the team and the reports are even mostly true.

I'm not scoffing at a trade that didn't work out.

I'm scoffing at the idea that geezer and Bo Blake "still likes" it. It was an utter train wreck and trying to frame it as a good thing is preposterous and the sure sign of a homer that you can't possibly reason with.

kcvet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they let the lambs beat em 28-26 not good

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm scoffing at the idea that geezer and Bo Blake "still likes" it. It was an utter train wreck and trying to frame it as a good thing is preposterous and the sure sign of a homer that you can't possibly reason with.

I like the fact that they admit a mistake and move on. Making the trade in the first place and what they gave up for him at the time might be questionable.
At that time, the Hawks needed some speed at WR. They did not know at the time what they had already was good enough. You could call it a reach, some staffs/coaches look at their team and think to themselves all they need is a player or two and gamble with trades, free agency.

They gambled on Harvin and it went up in smoke. Yes, it was a train wreck. Proof that Carroll and Schneider are not geniouses. This is one of many losing moves they made but they won the Superbowl.

Going forward we know our front office will screw the pooch on occasion and its just part of football. The league is full of busts from first round picks and gems found late in the draft.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I "like" that Seattle cut bait this year when they realized that Harvin caused a problem in the locker room (and arguably, with the offense). Harvin obviously did not fit in with the offense that Carroll/Bevell want to run with this team. I prefer to follow the coach's plan which worked out very well for us last year, even if that means trading Harvin.

I disagree that the trade ended up having any negative effect on Seattle when it was made. As evidenced by their greatest season in the team's history last year. The picks that were given up for Harvin had no impact on their success last year.

You haven't made this point, but I feel that the decision to keep Harvin this year, and the resulting loss of players like Red Bryant, Golden Tate, Walter Thrumond, and others was a bad move considering that some of Harvin's issues were displayed last year. We should have cut him in the offseason and resigned as many of those players as we could have.

The Harvin trade could have been fantastic for the team, as it stands, the team didnt' need Harvin to win last year and they're betting that they don't need him this year.

I don't know what's unreasonable about any of that......

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then why deal with it?
You sound kinda Anti-Seahawk Chaffed Ass hurt in a gentle sort of way.
It's ok. Seek counselling.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that loss against the Rams must have been real encouraging.

:rollseyes:

The Cowboys record is fools gold and they completely butt fucked Seattle all over the field in Seattle. That must have been pretty encouraging too.

what still amazes me is the unit that kept SEA in the Dallas game cost them the STL game. Week to week game, I tells ya

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

What's not to like about trading a first, third, and seventh round pick for a guy who basically plays 5 games in a season and a half worth of football then sending him away for a conditional pick? That has success written all over it.

:rollseyes:

Gotta admit, Dallas has paid much more for much less production and result. DOH

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-3 record and now no Harvin and noone has replaced Tate so far this year. No o line and lack of pass rush Seattle is in trouble. Just saying.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The picks paid for Harvin are sunk costs, gotta deal with it. The FO decided to cut bait instead of take a roster spot. Not sure I could have done it, but they deserve credit for doing it. We will have to wait and see if it is positive or negative credit.

Remember CLE got hammered when they traded Richardson last year. They got a 1st rounder out of it and Indy looked like geniuses. Then people realized that Trent can't run behind any line, not just CLE's and my personal feeling is CLE won that trade.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-3 record and now no Harvin and noone has replaced Tate so far this year. No o line and lack of pass rush Seattle is in trouble. Just saying.

I think expecting them to be repeat champions goes with the territory. Every season, last year's superbowl winners are evaluated as to "can they repeat". Its been awhile since someone has done that.
Seattle is still a really good team. But they got some holes to fill. They got some key people hurt or no longer with the team. There is enough talent to make a run but its a mash unit at the moment.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why deal with it?
You sound kinda Anti-Seahawk Chaffed Ass hurt in a gentle sort of way.
It's ok. Seek counselling.

Yes.

Clearly thinking the Harvin deal was nothing to like is the sure sign of an anti-Seahawk chaffed ass hurt in a gentle sort of way guy. The fact of the matter is this entire message board is just horribly jealous of Seattle's long history of success in both the sports and rap worlds.

How the heck are we supposed to compete with Macklemore?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seattle was not built around Tate, nor PH.
It was built around Marshawn and the D.
The D lost a few players and has been hit with some injuries.
The offense is expected to be better without PH.
It remains a work in progress. It is too early to write them off.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks wouldn't have traded Harvin if they were off to a better start and then they would have put up with his so called problems. Seattle is just using Harvin as the scapegoat. Just saying.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks wouldn't have traded Harvin if they were off to a better start and then they would have put up with his so called problems. Seattle is just using Harvin as the scapegoat. Just saying.

You are the first to have that opinion, which means you don't follow the front office moves by the Hawks since this era started. They do not hold on to bad moves to hide errors in judgement. Admit mistakes and move on. Harvin is not the scapegoat for a crummy start. The problems on teams are never as simple as a single player.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That sounds absurd. A team would trade away a high profile player as a scapegoat for a poor season to the HC or GM don't look bad? Any coach or GM that would do that would be overly concerned about how they are viewed by the NFL fans , players, or coaches.
Pete is a lot like the honey badger-he don't give a shit. Ask Lendale White, or TO, or TJ Housh, or maybe even Harvin.
Try to avoid sounding intelligent about a situation you know so little about.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's definitely not the case.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3